Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2007, 05:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Question Can anyone relate?

Hi, I'm new here and have no idea where to begin. I'm 28, american living in England, and feel alone when it comes to weight loss. We moved to England 2 years ago and within the first year of moving here I gained about 15-20 lbs, and I quit smoking 3 months ago which put me up to 200 lbs. So after going to the doc a couple of weeks ago and finding out that I have hbp, a light bulb clicked and I realized I needed to do something about my weight. So for the last week my husband and I have been eating really healthy. I'm a massage therapist and you would think that since I work at a gym I would actually work out there. But, no, gyms freak me out! I've been doing work out videos at home. I haven't been counting calories, just reducing my portions and getting some exercising in. Anyone that can relate or can offer support or advice, help a sista out!!!
blacknthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:37 AM   #2  
Where Am I?

Hi this is basically what happened to me since I moved here in June, I have gained about 25 lbs.
FindingMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #3  

I just got back from England, where I gained about 10lbs in two months. I'm up to 175 now, and I'm only 5'3 so the weight really shows. I joined a gym a few weeks ago and have been really good about going. I try and do 20 min. of weight training 3-4 times a week, and 30-40 min of cardio (just walking on an incline) 5-6 days a week. The only thing I have to work on now is my diet. Good luck to both of you!
jenn1864 is offline   Reply With Quote