Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2007, 10:02 PM   #1  

Cool Hello all,

Hello, I am a 30year old female who needs to lose weight and exercise. I have been on 10mg reductil for a month (in 2days). Was given this to help start new lifestyle after injuring myself, my weight being part of why I was injured. I have had good results so far, and I still need to lose around 25kgs or 55pound. I need to motivate myself to make a exercise plan that I can stick to. I have a physical job and on feet flat out most days. Im hoping to find some extra motivation and advice to continue towards a healthier more active me on here.
artyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi and Welcome! Be sure to check out the other forums, too, as there is a lot of support here for people on medication and dealing with all kinds of things.

Nice to see you here
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi artyk!

I hope that your injury is better. Walking was what I started with when I weighed 275 lbs. I started slowly and built up to an hour of walking a day then more as I got stronger. After I lost about 15 pounds, I noticed that I had MUCH more endurance and was a lot less sluggish than I had been.

People told me that exercise would GIVE me energy. I didn't believe them UNTIL I actually TRIED it! It's TRUE!

Exercise is important, but watching the amounts of food and calories is very important, too! I discovered that although I was exercising for an hour to an hour and a half a day, I was NOT losing weight because I was eating too many calories! There is a great site called Fitday where you can log your calories and the amount of exercise that you do. It is FREE and really helps me a lot. Here's the address: www.Fitday.com

I wish you luck and hope you will visit and post often!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:02 AM   #4  

Hello Heather & Cheryl,
Thankyou for your welcome & kind words, very much apriciated. I have looked around this site a bit & know I have alot of great advice & support to still see & get involved with in the future.
As for injury I over did the gardening & was near crippled with back pain. After xrays they found an underlining problem, that ment I hunch a bit more than the average person which causes a weakness. Which explains many years of back pain that until then was undiscovered. As for now I am nearlly back to normal (for me) it is later in life that this will really affect me. So since this the realisation that Im getting older and looking after ones self is so very important.
At the moment I have the diet under control with a bit of help for another month. For now I want to start to strengthen core muscles to support back and get fit and healthy.
This fit day thing sounds great, going to go join up. Thanks again hope to see you around the place.
Oh and Cheryl you have done so so well!
artyk is offline   Reply With Quote