Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/150

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Hi, I'm new and just want to say Thanks. I'm so glad I found this forum and supportive people. I am 53 and have been on a weight loss wish diet for 10 years. (The wishing isn't working). I just feel like its time already. I want to enjoy this time.
I would love to hear from some of you!
sgipowerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:18 AM   #2  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hi sqi -

Welcome to 3FC!!! I'm actually rather new here myself - been checking in for about two weeks, now, and your initial impression is VERY right. It's a great place to find like-minded people and lots of support for what you're trying to do.

I'm even OLDER than you.... and stayed at a pretty decent weight throughout a majority of my adult life - a few *ups* after each of my kids (4) were born, but typically would be back to normal within a year or so. BUT, over the past few years, I really seem to have packed the pounds on - and then, I quit smoking in January and gained another 12. That's about as far as I can go without panicking, and so now I'm determined to get this weight off and look like the women they have in those ads for upscale retirement communities - you know the ones. They have the faces and bodies of thirty year olds (because they probably ARE 30!!!!) and SILVER HAIR. Naw. I just want to be at a healthy weight and be able to go out for a nice, long walk without getting winded or having my danged hip hurting or something. I'd also like to get back to riding my bike again which I haven't done for a couple of years, now.

Sooooooo, welcome, welcome, welcome.....stick around, because I think you're going to like it here!

TTFN,

Ellabella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi sgipowerchick!

Welcome!

I'm 55 and proof that it IS possible to teach an old dog QUITE A FEW new tricks! Glad to have you aboard!

Hi ellabella!

You had me laughing when you talked about the buff ladies with white hair on the retirement commercials!

We can do this thing, ladies! Yes, the pounds ARE more stubborn to get off when we are older, but they can still come off if we work at it with counting calories and exercising. I just ordered HipHopAbs the other day. I really like to dance and like exercise to be fun. I've been jamming with Turbo Jam for months and gotten great results and been having a ball!

Glad to have both of you here!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:52 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ladies, I'm another over 50 lady that gained a lot of weight after menopause and am working hard to get it off! I have been trying for about a week now, with mostly good results. I have a few more things to work on but i'm getting there. I am counting calories and exercising. I use my treadmill. What about the rest of you? What is your plan?
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote