Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #1  
Euclidproject

S/C/G: 274/260/200

Height: 5ft4

Talking This is EucildProject...

Hey y'all,

Anyway I am not really new to dieting or even to this site as I have watched it grow and change over time. I decided to join this forum after in my own mind hitting a brick wall with my weight loss and starting to feel myself slip into my old bad habits. This is my way of trying something new to cope with a plateau.

I decided to lose weight this year when I was told by a doctor that I had maybe 2 years to get my act straight or face taking blood pressure medication, that I am pre diabetic and that I can see my life span severely shortened and my quality of life altered if I don't alter not only eating habits but my way of life.

And it still took me a whole mouth to swallow, digest and attempt change again. Hardheaded me? Yes.

Anyway so I decided on losing 6 lbs a month. Not that I would lose it every mouth but that it was totally do able in my head to reach for that as a goal. It had worked so far till Febuary and I only lost 4 lbs and this month.. well I haven't even been on the scale for a week. And really I haven't been paying as much attention to what I eat as I would like.

So today I decided to reaffirm my commitment to myself and start using that fluidity bar that I bought :P. Today will be my second time using it. And to get out and walk more at work since I work in an environment where I can.

My approach to eating is to start with veggies and try to, as best I can, only eat whole grains like oatmeal with bran and keep my fiber intake high oh and meat. Eat 4 to 5 times a day... if I can manage and eat the live culture yogurt as I have a tendancy toward a slow digestion. I really try to keep junk at a minimum though sometimes it is hard. And I have a boyfriend that is generally supportive but loves junk. But I am working on that. I realize that I have to eat and exercise for me and that usually means that I spend a lot of time cooking for myself. Which I admit I don't mind.

So that is what I am up to and a little bit about me. I am going to look around and see where I fit in. Wish me luck. EP.
Euclidproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey there, EuclidProject! Thanks for posting! I do wish you luck!

Once you've been here awhile, you often know that when someone says, "I haven't been paying as much attention to my eating as I would like" (or words to that effect), that they are probably eating more calories than they realize.

Maybe you don't like counting calories, but that's what has made the difference for me. Otherwise, I would tell myself I wasn't eating "that much," not realizing I had no idea what "that much" was!

Have you tried a tracking program like FitDay? It makes it pretty easy to figure calories in and calories burned.

Keep going! You can do it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Have you considered having massive cooking sessions on a weekend day? Cooking as a couple can be - dare I say it - sort of sexy, and you get a freezerful of meals so you don't have to cook during the week. There is a thread out there somewhere of easily freezeable meals, and lots of ideas on here as well. Maybe its just me - but cooking fresh foods as a couple is a sensual sort of thing for me...and totally encourages me to cook more!

Anyway, settle in! Start posting whereever you feel comfortable and we look forward to hearing more from you soon. Good for you for taking control of this in your life! It can be hard, but it IS worth it.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote