Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/216/120

Height: 5'1''

Lightbulb Moving from LIVING TO EAT to EATING TO LIVE

Hello. My name is TxTeacher and I am addicted to food.
I start this like an AA meeting, because I hope this forum can bring me the support I need. I am 31 years old, and 100+ pounds over weight. I have been fighting the bulge for quite some time now. After the birth of my first son (15 months ago) I was at my all-time high of 249 lbs. (I’m 5 feet tall - so it goes OUT not UP). I have been fighting to get rid of my “pregnancy fat” for over a year. Can fat you had 3 years before the baby still be pregnancy fat???
Before my son was born I was 190. I saw the 200 on the scale and didn’t think twice - I was having a baby. The problem was I was not having a 60 lb. baby!
I have PCOS with Insulin Resistance, so losing weight is tough. (ENOUGH EXCUSES) I just recently started seeing a clinical dietician. She has given me some “manageable” tasks, and so far I’m not doing TOO bad. I’ve lost 6 lbs. in 3 weeks and I go back on Thursday for my next weigh-in (after another 3 weeks).
My life goal is to go from LIVING TO EAT to EATING TO LIVE. I hope that I stick to this journal and see if I can do better in life. I also hope that I can help out some others along the way.

P.S. The sermon this morning was on GLUTTONY! Was God speaking to ME????
TxTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #2  

I'm a 31 year old food addicted teacher as well. These past few months my weight has skyrocketed and I had resigned myself to being a fat teacher.No big deal, right? Ha Ha!

I'm just not comfortable with myself. Don't know how much I weigh, am too afraid.

You sound a lot like me so I had to write. This is my first post and I'm getting back into the swing of diet and exercise (for the millionth time in my life).

Good Luck!
MyMaria is offline   Reply With Quote