Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #1  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi from Nova Scotia!

Hello! I'm brand new to this kind of thing - I saw the article in O too, thought I'd give it a shot. I've dieted before but I've never been able to keep it off; this time I am working on reaching my goal and then maintaining it... just making healthier choices and exercising. I have always tried to include a few days' exercise a week, so now I'm bumping it up to every day if I can. Glad to be here with a whole group of people with the same mindset! Soooo hi everybody!
Rockie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hello and You have definitely come to the right place for lots of support and motivation.

It is a big place, so take you time and have a good look around. Just hop in and start posting wherever something catches your eye. You will always be welcomed with open arms wherever you may go. Glad to see that you already found the Calling all Canadians thread.

Anyway, chickie . . . hope you have a great moving and shaking kind of day as you travel along the bumpy road to better health and fitness. I'll be looking forward to seeing you around now that you've found us.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #3  
Ready for a better life!

Hi Rockie,
I just joined myself a few days ago. Welcome! It is very warm and friendly here which is just what I've been looking for. I found the success stories, esp MrsJim, very inspirational and filled with hope. Look around, dive in and reply, and I'll see you around! Lisa
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcom!
You can probably lose weight without changing what you are eating now. Fitday.com is a free site where you can enter all your intake. Learn to measure as you scoop out your helping of whatever you're eating. You'll soon learn more about the nutrient content of your food and then we'll help you make slimmer choices!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Default Welcome Rockie from Nova Scotia!

I registered just a few days ago also and it takes a while to manuever around this site--it's huge! What is your plan for daily exercise? Do you follow a structured eating plan or are you just "cutting back" on junk food and portions? Let us know how you are doing and good luck with the exercise!
kotapaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Welcome fellow maritimer. I am fromNew Brunswick.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #7  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks everyone!

Wow, this is a busy place! lol Thanks for the welcomes and the support! As to what I'm eating, I basically stick to lots of water, whole grain cereals for breakfast, soups and 1/2 tuna sandwiches for lunch, and usually soup or salad or pasta and vegetables for lunch, with veggies and fruit for snacks... I like a routine Plus I am on a bit of a budget so cheaper is better. I find it a bit of a challenge to make food exciting... I live in a dorm and I don't have time to walk to the grocery store during the week, so canned soup, tuna, and frozen veggies are staples. Also, buying fresh produce is a problem because it's only me, and I can never eat it before it goes bad. Any advice?
As for exercise, I have been swamped with work this week so I haven't done much more than walk around, but starting tomorrow I am planning on hitting the gym every day for at least an hour. I went to the gym pretty regularly until a couple months ago, but I want to go more and run more often. I usually do a half hour of cardio and ab work every day, as well as some kind of resistance three times a week.
I have a major weakness for cheese and chocolate (not together!)... any advice?
I am so glad to be here and be able to get support from people in the same situation as I am... thanks!
Rockie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:36 PM   #8  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Rockie!

You will enjoy the maintainer's forum. There are so many there who really have a handle on this lose AND maintain the loss thing!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #9  
Acadian Chick

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

hello Rockie86
I'm from New Brunswick,Canada.I'm new to this site.I need help with my food addiction.tp://www.3fatch
ChantyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

A buncha newbies all in one spot! we'll help you!
You can probably lose weight without changing what you are eating now. Fitday.com is a free site where you can enter all your intake. Learn to measure as you scoop out your helping of whatever you're eating. You'll soon learn more about the nutrient content of your food and then we'll help you make slimmer choices!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #11  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Rockie! Welcome to 3FC!!!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote