Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2

Default Intro from unmotivated in VA

HI. I am a long time dieter but this is my first time to the website. I am in VA and looking to lose 50 pounds. I used to be a runner, swimmer, and all around chipper active person but somewhere along the line I lost that and found an unwanted 50 pounds. I find it hard to get motivated. I want to lose the wait and gain my self confidence and smile back but I am having a hard time getting started. I will go to the gym one week and sit on the couch the next. HELP. I will take any advice, pushing, or help that you could get on how to get motivated.
adsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Best advice I can give you is dive into the forums and look around! There's lots of motivation and support...you'll find a place to fit in!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey adsims,

It's a big site with a lot of different forums, but as you'll see not everyone is on at once or posting on every forum. But, as you stick around and read, you'll learn more about this journey of weight loss.

I am like you in a lot of ways. I used to be very active--I was studying martial arts at one time--and then as I gained weight, I couldn't take the falls, so I stopped doing martial arts, figuring I'd start again when I lost a few pounds. Well, that was 20 years ago, and it's no longer a matter of "a few pounds." I'll probably not do martial arts again, but I would like to at least reach a weight where I could have!

Anyway, sounds like you need consistency. Perhaps there are reasons that you stop yourself? In terms of 1 week at the gym and then sit on the couch. I don't know--just something to think about.

Good luck! See you around here...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

adsims! Hi admins ~ I think the best way to stay motivated is to blog! Write down somewhere what you are doing daily and how you can improve and how you feel. I know when I'm eating right and moving I feel so much better. And maybe get on a program that others are on and get support from them...or just do your own program and you'll still get support here.

But the best way is to fake it until you make it! haha! I'm loving this i'm loving this...haha! Soon you'll be like hey ~ I do love this!

tina
onmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks to those who have replied. I have been jumping around the site and see a lot of cool things that I want to try and read. Thanks for the responses. Hearing what people have to say and what is working for them makes me feel motivated already. And I look forward to being consistant with not only working out and eating right but also to this site of support.
adsims is offline   Reply With Quote