Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #1  

Red face Hello

Wow this is a huge site, it's a bit intimidating because I'm not very familiar with forums but I'll give it a shot.
I never know where to begin but I'll start by saying hello. I'm not an Oprah reader/watcher, but on occasion I like to pick up random mags and I guess like many others, I found this site through the magazine.
This seems like a great place to get support and to make new friends, both of which I hope to achieve And while I'm at it, I might as well mention I'm looking to start a blog to track my health goals, I've heard it's effective and it seems so popular it must be somewhat effective, although I'm not sure where to begin so it'd be superb to get to meet a few bloggers that wouldn't mind giving newbie a few pointers
RagD0ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey RagD0ll,

There are many forums to choose from! And lots of information. The Goals and Mini-Goals forums can be really inspiring.

Hope to see you around!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Another fellow Canadian ...

to the 3FC's support group ...

Not to worry, we are very helpful and friendly. I'm sure there are some bloggers who'd be glad to help you out. I see from your profile that you are a student. Maybe you could post a little more about yourself (in this thread), so we can get to know you better ~ that helps us all to make better suggestions for you.

I think this site is just fab; and the different threads make it so very interesting. Lots to read and do here; look around, jump in, and have fun. Glad you found us ~ Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:23 AM   #4  

Thank you both for your kind words, they're very encouraging. I can already see this is a great site with wonderful people.
So a little about myself, I've been on various diets in the past, and I've lost 20 pounds over the summer. However, I've gained 10lbs and my goal is to lose 10lbs but it seems such a great struggle since I've gotten into the terrible habit of indulging a little too much on sugary foods. While I was dieting I was very restrictive which was the main reason why I lost weight so quickly. Right now it's been a roller coaster between losing and gaining weight. I'm a full time student in University studying nutrition, and I work part time and let me tell you...STRESS totally makes a diet impossible because food (especially junk food as you may know already) is such a great stress reliever and chocolate is hard to resist.
If anyone would like a buddy in their journey towards better health, I'd be more than willing to part take as I am looking for someone who's a good listener and motivator as well.
RagD0ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Hi and welcome. You can probably lose weight without changing what you are eating now. Fitday.com is a free site where you can enter all your intake. Learn to measure as you scoop out your helping of whatever you're eating. You'll soon learn more about the nutrient content of your food and then we'll help you make slimmer choices!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #6  
LolaB

Thumbs up So happy to find you....

I'm new too, and have never subscribed to any type of chat, blog or web support site. I'm kind of a loner.....but I don't feel lonely. I really look forward to gaining an understanding of why sweets control my life after 7pm.
bizeebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Hi to you too bizee! I'll give the same advice to you. Read above

If you have any questions, just ask!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote