Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/250/165

Height: 5'7"

Default First timer....loves to eat!!

I am all new to this online support dieting, but I will give anything a try. I'm tired...of being fat, tired, sluggish...I'm 36 and I feel like I'm 76. I know that I need to diet and exercise, but I just cannot get a fire under me . My 12 year old daughter is following in my footsteps. I have a lot of stress, and usually a good batch of brownies makes it all better. I need help and support...I know I will feel better once I start...so here I go.

On my way to a new me...

Lisa Davis
PHAT2long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Stick with us Lisa, we'll help.
Tell us a little more about what you like to eat and do for exercise and we'll help you find some threads where you'll feel right at home.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Lisa!

I love to eat, too! I have a HUGE appetite, so I have to have plenty of low-calorie and GREAT food around! None of this "Eat one ounce of this and 1/2 ounce of that and BE HAPPY" stuff for ME! I have needed to really alter my ways, though, and eat the RIGHT foods that I know I can have plenty of without gaining weight!

Have you seen the book Picture Perfect Weight Loss by Dr. Howard M. Shapiro? It's a great book with lots of wonderful pictures of foods that are great tasting AND fill you up because you can eat A LOT of them. Volumetrics (not sure of the author on that one) is good, too! That book is similar in that there are comparisons made like, "You can have TEN CUPS of this OR you can have one OUNCE of this." They are GREAT!

Ah, STRESS! I know about that! Stress added a hundred pounds to my frame! I have tried to calm myself down with brownies, donuts, cheese, chips, chocolate, cookie dough (Mmmmmm! Cookie Dough!) but each and every time the stress was back again AND it brought with it a few more "sympathy pounds" for my arse!

You will find TONS of help AND support here! Everyone here either has been or IS right where you are and knows where you are coming from!

The good news is that when you check out the GOAL and MINI-GOAL parts of this site, you will find that amazing things ARE possible! If those people can do it, you can, too!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:15 PM   #4  

I too struggle with turning to food as a way to de-stress. My best advice would be to not put too many demands on yourself to start as this might create additional stress. Make your goals small and manageable so that you walk away with a sense of accomplishment versus failure (I think this is really, really important for long-term success) and build from there. I am new to this site also but I have been battling the "food demons" (as I call them) for nearly my entire life so I can certainly relate.

Good luck!!
Amazon Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

I love food as well. This weekend I decided to buy lots of fresh veggies and fish and chicken for this week, as well as high fiber organic cereal and morningstar breakfast patties. I also should make eggs and spinach for breakfast but I am so burnt out on that...
I even bought skim milk tonight then compared it to the soymilk I have...
Skim has more sugar than the soy and less protien... maybe I wil give the skim to the kat!

Anyways, I love food and think of it all the time. I found that planning the day helps. I vowed to not eat fried foods this week and I am sticking to fish and chicken and veggies.
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/267/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lisa,
I can relate to the tired all the time! I love to eat too and I am hoping I can stay on track this time. Good Luck to you!
moonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #7  
Atkins Chick

S/C/G: highest234/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2 1/2" the 1/2 matters!

Hi Lisa-

I love to eat too. I'm sure most everyone here does. I think you can still love to eat and get healthy. Getting started is hard sometimes. I've started over hundreds of times. You just have to find something you can live with. I know it's especially hard when you feel the pressure of your child following in your footsteps. Try to make small changes where you can. When you feel stressed maybe you could take a walk with or just talk with your daughter.
Maybe ya'll could grocery shop together and pick out a new fruit or veggie to try. It could be something fun to do together.
problysewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I just did some financial planning (it's not payday til Friday) and discovered that I can go grocery shopping.
I am inordinately happy about that!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote