Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:33 AM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default I need new friends.

Some that actually understand how hard it is to lose weight. Granted, I do love the friends I have. But when all I hear is how they need to lose 2 pounds, it gets frustrating!

I was browsing the net and found this place. It looked nice, so I joined. Plus, I need some form of commitment, because just telling myself I need to lose weight isn't really working out for me.

So, my name is Lindsey. I'm 20 and I live in Washington state.
lindseyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:50 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hiya Lindsey - You've already lost 11 lbs - way to go! There are PLENTY of places here to get support on losing more than just a couple of pounds - have you explored the "300 plus and ready to try again" and "100 lb club" areas? Both are full of wonderful, supportive folks who can provide you with support.

Start posting and getting to know everyone! Can't wait to hear more from you soon.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 269/250/135

Height: 5ft3

Hi Lindsey! I'm new too Nice to meet you
mdm20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:16 AM   #4  

hey Lindsey, im also new to this site. Good luck with your weightl oss i see your doing well already. Emma xx
emma237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:55 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Lindseyyy,

Yeah, I know what you mean about people who need to lose 2 lbs. Pretty clueless of them to complain to you about it! My sister was giving me "weight loss tips" once--she who never needed to lose more than 10 lbs in her life. Well meaning but gosh...

We all understand that it's not a matter of a couple of weeks. There are some good plans out there--find one that you think you would be able to do, or use basic principles to come up with one of your own. You could also consult health professionals who are specialized in weight loss. You can do this--it will take effort, but as you'll see by checking around, there are a number of folks here who have lost 100 pounds or more and kept it off!

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:10 AM   #6  
Coleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyyy View Post
Some that actually understand how hard it is to lose weight. Granted, I do love the friends I have. But when all I hear is how they need to lose 2 pounds, it gets frustrating!

I was browsing the net and found this place. It looked nice, so I joined. Plus, I need some form of commitment, because just telling myself I need to lose weight isn't really working out for me.

So, my name is Lindsey. I'm 20 and I live in Washington state.

Hi Lindsey! I am fairly new to this site as well. Good job for losing 11 pounds so far!! That is great!

Where in Washington are you? I live in Dallas TX now, but used to live in Vancouver, Washington for years!

I'm sure you will find a lot of information here in this site - great recipes, encouragement, tips......

Welcome and hope you find what you need.
Hugs

Coleen
cms0354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #7  

Thanks for all the welcomes. It will be nice to get to know you all.

I live about 40 miles from Spokane, Coleen. In a really small farm town.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, I'm Lynsey also and new to this site. The people here are so warm and welcoming and I think you'll just love it! Way to go on the 11 pounds and good luck on keeping on track!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #9  

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #10  
This is the last straw...

S/C/G: 360+ / 341 / 280

Height: 6"

Default Hey There

Welcome to fat world...where we can all talk about our skinny friends and how they annoy us whilst learning why we got fat in the first place. Welcome. I too am a newbie. I figured I might as well try this. None of my friends are overweight, so I find it hard to talk to them about my downfalls, my rock bottoms, and my elation in the fact that I chose a salad over a snickers and a water over a Dr. Pepper.
DRAFTROBIN is offline   Reply With Quote