Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #1  

Red face Hello fellow dieters :-)

I am 23 years old and I live in WNC. I am married and we are about to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. We have both gained a lot weight in those three years... a lot. I was diagnosed with CIDP and for about a year I was on a high dose of prednisone, that have contributed to my weight gain. But the Doritos and Ice Cream and lack of exercise have helped too. Losing weight is a lot harder than I thought. We both work full time so it is really hard to make time to cook a healthy dinner and then trying to find to go to the gym is even harder...so far we are doing pretty good but it is hard. I am really looking for some other women that I can talk to, who are either going through this or have been there already, that can maybe help me a little. I know that a lot of it willpower...but a little support would be nice too.
lacey8171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #2  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Hiya, Lacey

You wouldn't happen to be from the Ashville area, would you? I'm dreaming of finding a job there after I finish my degree.

I do understand about the weight gain after marriage bit. I think it's normal to a certain extent, but mine was extreme. I was married for 5 years, and during that period, I gained about 120 lbs. I had a lot of stuff going on at that time, but I guess the bottom line is that I just didn't care.

Long story short: I'm in the process of building a new life now, and I've come to the point where I am ready to lose weight.

I'm new here, too, but am looking forward to getting to know people.

Very happy to make your acquaintance
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:57 AM   #3  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello and Welcome to 3FC!!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and good luck to you.

Just a thought.....I'm a dorito lover as well. They are my major weakness. You can still have doritos in moderation. I buy the 100 calorie packs and am satisfied with one pack, rather than eating a whole 1.99 bag like I use to. As far as the ice cream goes, there is some good low fat ice cream but have no more than 1/2 a cup because it is still high in calories.
MissieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #5  

I am from the Asheville area, actually Burnsville... a small town about a half an hour north. What kind of a degree are you going for? I am about start on a teaching degree, my church is startiing a pre-school and I am hoping to get a job there. It is very hard to change the way you live your life..Shane (my husband) and I have wuit smoking and although we were never big drinkers we have cut that out too. One of the hardest things to cut out has been Soda and Junk Food...it is really harder than smoking. Well I am really glad that we share some of the same problems...hopefully we will be able to achieve some of the same goals as well...
lacey8171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:33 AM   #6  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Oh, how neat, another teacher

I'm going for my English licensure. For some odd reason, I seem rather taken with the idea of teaching teens literature and writing. I still have over a year and a half to go though, but am hoping to get near enough to a "major city" that's still country-fied, (I am really not all that urban) so that I can pursue my Master's while teaching. By that point, I'm hoping to have the concepts of "healthy living" mastered so that I can move into my career happier and healthier.

It sounds like you've made significant progress: the quitting smoking, the cutting out of junk food and soda, what big accomplishments those are!

Welcome aboard from another newbie!
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote