Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/258/200

Height: 5ft. 8in.

Wink New From Wisconsin

Hi all! I read about this website in my O Magazine and decided to give it a try. I will turn 30 later this week and am looking for help. I want to be healthy, I want to feel good, but I just can't seem to stay with whatever I start. With my 30th birthday looming, change is a must. Anybody have some great ideas that worked for them?
anne08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #2  

Hi, Anne, I'm from WI, too. How do you like this weather? ha! I think we're burning calories just trying to keep warm!!!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #3  

I agree. I'm a teacher and needless to say we did not have school today. I've lived here all my life so I'm mostly used to it.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Anne . . .

. You have definitely taken an important step along the long winding road to better health and fitness by finding this site. You will find all sorts of wonderful support at 3FC. Just take a look around the various forums and feel free to pop in wherever the spirit moves you. You will be greeted with lots of happy HI's wherever you may wander.

Glad you found us, Chickie . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of evening.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:30 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 215/214/160

Height: 5'4"

HI ANNE

Welcome to 3FC!!!
Italian Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #6  

Thank you all for the welcome. I am really looking forward to using this site to help me reach my goal.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #7  
mary

S/C/G: 306

HI Anne!

I am from WI too, I am giving each day my best, and not beating myself up if I slip, or miss a day of excerise. I really WATCH and READ what I eat now, I look at ALL Labels, and I have learned that I was really eating ALOT more than I THOUGHT I was after writing it down. Keep in touch!!

MD
marree38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #8  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Anne!

Welcome!

To answer your question of the ideas that helped me the most on my weight loss journey I would have to say that I had to reach a point where I really hated how I looked and how I felt... ENOUGH to turn my back on THAT unhealthy, overweight self and look forward to the hope of finding my THIN self that I knew was buried underneath all that flab!

I needed to set a goal and figure out how I would reach that goal. Small goals and incentives (new nailpolish, a CD or DVD, a shopping trip for new SMALLER jeans) all played a HUGE part in helping me to lose weight.

I have kept a journal and record every success that I have as well as the progress I have made with my weight, inches lost, tags from smaller and smaller sized clothing that I was able to buy.

Every six months or so I clean out my closet and try on clothes. I am pleased to find more and more that I can donate to The Salvation Army or Goodwill. I keep NO larger clothing! In the past I believe that I kept my larger clothing because I wasn't 100% committed to lose the weight and keep it off!

When I go to eat something I ask myself if it will help or hurt my body and my plan for weight loss. If I HAVE to have some "bad" food (ie. Peanut M&Ms!!) I now plan to eat less of something else so that my calorie amount stays between 1600 and 1800 calories each day.

I exercise every day. I do weights every other day, do some cardio every day, and some flexibility , too such as yoga. I stretch and use my exercise ball while I watch TV in the evening and even lift my weights as I watch shows on TV.

I have been using FITDAY which has helped me tremendously with seeing how many calories I am eating each day, and I also am measuring portions rather than just eyeballing them as I once did.

Once you see the weight coming off it is easier to be motivated. Check out the GOALS and MINI-GOALS section of this site. It's awesome!

This website and all of the great people here have been SOOOOO helpful and have been inspiring to me. Getting help and giving help is a wonderful way of staying in control over food.

Good Luck! Hope you find things helpful here!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote