Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/170

Height: 5'6"

Lightbulb Liberation Day

Hi all,
Well am new to this but definitely not new to being overweight!! I have struggled with weight from the time i knew what fat meant...Living in India and being fat do not go hand in hand (I know its not easy anywhere in the world) but its a tad more difficult here since u cant even walk down the street without being ridiculed...
Furget bout all that!! Well i just started on the South Beach Diet...but u can say its a modified one since its very difficult to get reduced fat cheese and other substitutes here...I try to maintain my intake of fats and carbs...the only thing i havent got around to is exercising...i have started to walk but i dont enjoy it much ....its kinda a like a task that i have to do so i dunno know long i can put up with...
Well i havent ever gone on a diet with my friends or anyone else because its really hard to find people who have the same goals or plans. I hope i get to make friends who would make this journey easy and fun..since i know this jorney is going to be a long one...have a great day everyone...
shibani2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:05 AM   #2  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hi and welcome! I'm glad you found this site -- I hope it will be a source of strength and support for you.

I absolutely love South Beach. Please be sure to check out the South Beach forums, further down, and you might like the 100 lb club, as well. (I only lurk there, but everyone seems very welcoming and supportive.)

Welcome! Welcome!
cinderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #3  

I haven't tried South Beach but I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'm sure you'll find lots of support here. People here are very helpful and friendly. Lots of good advice and tips. Good luck and see you around the board!
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:11 AM   #4  

how do you check for the south beach diet forums...
Thanks a ton cinderly and gogirl008....ur rplies meant a lot and thnks for the advice...waitin to hear fromu
Old 02-06-2007, 07:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, To find the south beach diet just go to forum jump on the bottom of this screen and find south beach. You will find lots of great support here.
I was just curious. Do you type in your native language and it is translated for us or do you type in english?
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #6  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

shibani2, I don't know if you've found it, yet, or not, but here's a quick link to the South Beach section of the forums: link

Hope you're doing well!
Old 02-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #7  

havent been online for few days...the diet is going on great but its dragging a bit now.. i havent yet got the south beach section yet...i am still gettin a hang of this site..
Hope u r doin well too...btw how do we get the goal and minigoal thing..
Old 02-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #8  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

Hi! There are a couple of ways to get the signature trackers. The first is to click on someone else's. That should take you to a page where you can configure your own.

The next way to get there is to follow this link to the 3FC tracker.

The third is to choose "Quick Links" from the purple bar near the top of the page. Signature Weight Tracker is the second of the middle options.

Once you've configured a tracker, copy the code you're given and choose "User CP" from the purple bar near the top of the page. From there, choose "Edit Signature." You should see a field to paste your code into, you have options to save or preview (I alway preview my sig like mad, but I'm slightly neurotic). Once you're happy with the signature, hit save and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps! (And I know what you mean about dragging. I was super tired the first time I did South Beach. I think we weren't getting enough veggies - we loaded up on them this time and I've been fine from an energy standpoint.)