Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #1  

Talking Back Again

Hello there. I am back again. Haven't been here for a couple years.

The past couple of years, have posed several challenges, and health issues. I have worked thru some of them, and some are here to stay. I am so happy to be back on here, as I always found other people's sucesses and challenges to be both comforting and insperational. It is nice to know that I am not the only person the deals with some of the challenges that weight loss and food can bring. Dang food.

I am hopeing to lose 10 pound by the end of February. I decided this time I am going to make several mini goals, and not beat myself up if I don't reach them by the date set. Some of you may think the end of Feb. is a long time to lose 10 pounsd, but with my health issues and some of the meds I am on, it just seemed to me it would be better to give myself a bit longer than I would normally.

I am hopeing to get down to a size 13/14, which still may seem s abit large to some people, but to me it means so many things. It means options in what I can wear, less weight on my body, easier to move, lower blood sugar, better health, and so much more. It is so much smaller than a 3X/4X on top, and a 26/28 on the bottom.

I dont' desire to be super model thin. I just want to be a thinner, healthier version of me. I am big boned like my Dad. Oh lucky me. Ha ha. Mom has these little chicken bones. Could I get those...oh heck no. I get to be built like a freakin line backer . Dad says, to me...."Well honey, you are sturdy." I always reply with.... "Gee Dad, if there is ONE thing in life a girl aspired to be....STURDY isn't it!" LOL . Silly Dad.

So, anyways, now that I have babbled on and on and on, I think I will say hello to all, good luck in your weight loss journeys, and I look forward to being part of this community once again. Have a great day!

FluffyGal
FluffyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there, Fluffy. I remember you. Look around and join in wherever you think you'll fit best. Blood sugar problems respond well to Sugar Busters, Low Carb and South Beach plans as well as many others of the newer ones.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #3  

Default Thank You

Thank you Ruthxxx for the welcome and the advice on what boards to check out. I will make sure to take a look at them. Now to stay motivated !
Old 02-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #4  

Anyone out there have similar goals as I do...would love a buddy or two.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #5  

Default yes, sounds good

hi Fluffy! Where do I start? Ok I am new here ( to this board) and I found your "5 things to be happy for today" thread! I loved that! It's perfect, it promotes positive thoughts. You know, I had a bad day one of those days and I was oh so down but yet when I thought of the 5 things I was thankful for that day, voila! An instant spirit lift! So first and foremost, I admire your spunk. As for similiar goals, I don't know? I want to lose weight! lol start my exercise regime and you k now what? Let's not forget the emotional stuff, yessssssssss!

It happened to me in the past and is happening again and sure it will happen throughouth, as i shed pounds I also unravel emotions!!! It's true isn't it? It is like a healing process. I am not speaking for everyone of course, but I think for alot of us, emotions are tied in, it is for me at least (aside from my pure hedonistic whatever, lol). THe way I see it, as we shed pounds somehow we shed or deallllllllllllll with emotions as well , emotions that have been onthe back burner if you will. It is a cleansing experience, not only physcially but emotionally. Anyways, dont let me bore you with my mumbo jumbo, I am in!!!!!! Count me in!

I would like to comment on a few of your topics though! First of all, I don't think that 10 lbs. in one month is too long!!! You sound like you may generally shoot real high and set yourself up for disappointment? Well, if so, we have something in common! It is realistic and super! you go girl!

As for beating oneself up, forget that, it doesn't work! It is self defeating, in my opinion of course. Must stay positive. I think your gaol of 10 lbs. is reasonable and doable and you shoot for it! I always like to shoot on the high end to, to push myself. Of course there is a balance, I can't go crazy, but just a bit of a push

One more thing, you mentioned you wou ld like to be a 13/14 and it may seem large to some people. It's all relative! As long as you feel good and sexy, that's what matters! I know what you mean though, I do! but somehow I get the sense that maybe.......you are being influenced a bit. I feel, and its just my own feeling here, but I feel like no matter how much certain people may love us, well, first of all they have a great effect on us and our emotions if we value them very much. It stands to order that when we aim at accomplishing a certain goal at task (such as this for example) there will be an impact, even if a subtle one. Sometimes, even our most loved people, can be detrimental to our plans without realizing it. As all it takes is a litte comment! ANyhow, im rambling again sorry. I guess in a nutshell what I am trying to say is stick with the people who provide you with support and make you feel good, and as much as we wish and want, that is not always our loved ones. We must scrutinize, or so I believe
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #6  

Default yes, sounds good

hi Fluffy! Where do I start? Ok I am new here ( to this board) and I found your "5 things to be happy for today" thread! I loved that! It's perfect, it promotes positive thoughts. You know, I had a bad day one of those days and I was oh so down but yet when I thought of the 5 things I was thankful for that day, voila! An instant spirit lift! So first and foremost, I admire your spunk. As for similiar goals, I don't know? I want to lose weight! lol start my exercise regime and you k now what? Let's not forget the emotional stuff, yessssssssss!

It happened to me in the past and is happening again and sure it will happen throughouth, as i shed pounds I also unravel emotions!!! It's true isn't it? It is like a healing process. I am not speaking for everyone of course, but I think for alot of us, emotions are tied in, it is for me at least (aside from my pure hedonistic whatever, lol). THe way I see it, as we shed pounds somehow we shed or deallllllllllllll with emotions as well , emotions that have been onthe back burner if you will. It is a cleansing experience, not only physcially but emotionally. Anyways, dont let me bore you with my mumbo jumbo, I am in!!!!!! Count me in!

I would like to comment on a few of your topics though! First of all, I don't think that 10 lbs. in one month is too long!!! You sound like you may generally shoot real high and set yourself up for disappointment? Well, if so, we have something in common! It is realistic and super! you go girl!

As for beating oneself up, forget that, it doesn't work! It is self defeating, in my opinion of course. Must stay positive. I think your gaol of 10 lbs. is reasonable and doable and you shoot for it! I always like to shoot on the high end to, to push myself. Of course there is a balance, I can't go crazy, but just a bit of a push

One more thing, you mentioned you wou ld like to be a 13/14 and it may seem large to some people. It's all relative! As long as you feel good and sexy, that's what matters! I know what you mean though, I do! but somehow I get the sense that maybe.......you are being influenced a bit. I feel, and its just my own feeling here, but I feel like no matter how much certain people may love us, well, first of all they have a great effect on us and our emotions if we value them very much. It stands to order that when we aim at accomplishing a certain goal at task (such as this for example) there will be an impact, even if a subtle one. Sometimes, even our most loved people, can be detrimental to our plans without realizing it. As all it takes is a litte comment! ANyhow, im rambling again sorry. I guess in a nutshell what I am trying to say is stick with the people who provide you with support and make you feel good, and as much as we wish and want, that is not always our loved ones. We must scrutinize, or so I believe
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #7  

Hey there FullSteamAhead! Awesome...it will be great to have a buddy. I do agree with you about weight losss being emotional. Seems like all sorts of feelings tend to pop up. Crazy isn't it? :-)

My family, husband and best friend are all super supportive. Heck most of use are in the same boat. Ha ha. My size 13/14 thing was more because I have had other people outside my circle look at me like that is still big. Like if I am going to lose weight, I should want to be a size 2 or something. I guess I just felt like I had to justify it or something, because allot of people still tend to think that 13/14 is not very thin. I think it would be pure heaven at this point. ;-)

Glad that you like the five things thread. When I first came to this site a very long time ago, someone else had one like that going. I went away for awhile, and came back and it was gone for some reason. So I started a new one. When I came back this time I was so sad to see that I was the last person to post in it over two years ago. I figured it couldn't hurt to start it up again. I too loved the idea. Makes me fell better no matter how I have been feeling. I tend to post close to the end of my day.

Glad to have a buddy.... thanks!