Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #1  

Default Starting day 1 today

hi all, I am new here! I found this place and it seems quite cool! ANyways, to cut to the chase.... I just started my diet (or rather healthier lifestyle) today! manic monday! I have quite the past, I would need to write a book to explain it all. I was overweight at one point and progressed to quitting smoking, starting to eat healthy, and exercising! It worked! I kept this lifestyle for many years but lo and behold, I have fallen into my old hedonistic ways again and am so , oh, at this point, so desperate to get back on track! Today is a new day for me, and I like to take it one day at a time. I found this site and it seems there are very supportive and warm people here and so I thought why not? So here I am! I am ready to go full steam ahead! Starting today!!!!!!!! Care to joine me? Let's do it!
My plan for right now is to be conscious of caloric intake, late night eating, and carb restriction. All in good time! Also, for a once avid exerciser I have done nothing! At leasttttttttt a 30 minute , 3x per week workout! preferably walking at this point! I alwlays shoot high, very high! too high sometimes , so this time I am taking it a bit slower but I am sooooo ready! I would love to meet you all and for us to share support etc.
I always try and stay positive, for it is so important! We must say, I CAN DO IT! and I will do it! and this indeed i plan on doing! I am tired of feeling so rotten and oh.......lets feel good together!
I started today, emotionally and pysically! I would love some company and support in our journey together : )
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #2  

Welcome!

I'm trying the slower approach myself. Lets stay motivated!
Gitterdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #3  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Hi !
Welcome !!

I have fallen off the wagon for the past 3 months, and yesterday was my first day back on track as well !!
We can do it !!
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, welcome I discovered this site months ago and then didn't do anything about it. I rediscovered it a couple days ago and like it very much.
Sharon
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #5  

HI all,
I'm new. I have a long term goal of 80 lbs. but I want to reach my short term goal by the end of March. I'm trying the WW Points. I don't really want to pay for the meetings but I have the points counter and the book, so now I need support and meal ideas. I have a "diet buddy" and we are emailing each other every day, but I feel the more support the better. My husband is going to be using the core plan.

I'm a big "snacker" I can't stay away from snacking when I'm hungary. Mostly at night when I'm trying to get dinner started. I also have a hard time with disapline regarding choosing well at restaurants. I do okay at home when I only buy the right stuff at the grocery store, but still with the snacking at work.
I'm a new"ish" mom. My daughter will be ONE on Feb 8th so feel more pressure than ever to get motivated and get on the right track before my weight spirals even more out of control and interfears with my ability to be a good example for her. I know I'll feel better lighter because I can actually remember how much better I felt when I was lighter.
So any suggestions for meal planning, etc. I'm all ears!
See ya on the skinny!
Kristie
KristieOnAMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:37 PM   #6  

Hi all, thanks for the welcome and welcome to you all as well.

Yesssss, let's stay motivated! IT sure helps. For me personally, if I get discouraged or start thinking negatively it saps so much of my mental energy and takes my focus and energy off my plan and goals! When I find myself getting discouraged I do a mental reframe , changing my negative and self defeating thoughts to positive ones.

I think congratulations is in order for us all, whether just starting out and doing something about it or beginning again or merely continuing with a healthy eating regiment, lifestyle, etc. Carol, that is super! : )

Sharon, thanks for the input. I think I'm going to like it very much too. I only talk to the 2 closest people in my life regarding my thoughts and feelings surrounding my weight, etc. You know how it is, one must be a bit picky as to whom they divulge such info.

Kristie, I have never done WW and unfortunately am unfamiliar with the meal plan (though I have a general idea) so I am not sure as to the meal preparations but I do love to cook and have mastered some delicious recipes that I feel are healthy. I am aiming at staying away from butter, oil, and mayo a.m.a.p though I tend to use a little olive oil if needed and also fat free mayo, spices, and garlic. I am allowing myself bread 2x per week and the other day I sprayed " I can't beleive it's not butter" on my bread and toasted it (to go along with my salad that night). At 0 fat and 0 cals, it tasted like the real thing to me!!!

As for eating out, oh I hear you. When on a diet , as I am now, I restrict eating out (take out, etc.) but I must, I must get out on a weekend night! Even midweek to break the routine a bit. Have you checked out the chiles restaurant menu? I loveeeeeeee it! THis is where I eat when I am being very consciounce of what i consume. It has a section called the guiltless grill. It lists the caloreis or each meal, carbs, fat, etc. MY favorite is the grilled chicken breast dinner (come with veggies, etc.). I ask for lemon wedges on the side for my chicken but it really is so tasty, even with out it. I wish more places would include a menu of this sort.

I hope everyone is doing well. TOday is my 3rd day and I already dropped 2 lbs. (I will ONLY weight in 1x per week from here on in). I ate a lot of the weekend and Im sure all the carbs I had were retaining some fluids, but you know? feel so much better already! My plan consists mostly of fruits, veggies, salads, and protein (mainly in the form of chicken and fish) , also occassionally I will allow myself beef and eggs. Yesterday went well, I had a small portion of white chicken breast (no skin) and tomato salad, for dinner I had fish and tomato salad. NO late night eating! lol I can see that eating lunch really helped curb my hunger for later in the evening.

How is everyone else doing? Oh , as for my exercise plan (at this phase), nothing yet! I had hubby drag up my treadmill from the basement last night, nowwwww I just have to start using it! Hope you all had a super day, and let's remember that every day is a new day.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #7  

hi again : ). I hope everyone is doing well. I wasn't quite sure at first where to post goals etc. though I thought introductions is a good place to start and to meet. The other day I started a February weight loss challege under the support forum (under chicks up for a challenge). I just figured it was a more appropriate place for me to post a weight loss, support experience, etc. so that we can share our experiences there beyond introductions. So any of you interested, please check it out and feel free to join us . It doesn't matter when or at what time you jo in, we are all here to support each other. I know when I first came in I found a thread I really liked but wondered if it was too late for me to join in, absolutely not! No time factors here, the more the merrier! regardless of when we start, whether before or after, our main goal is to support one another! Happy FRiday all hope you all had a successful day and see you in the forum.