Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-28-2007, 11:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Red face Newbie mommy from PA

Hi guys! I am new to this site, I actually found it from a recipe search. I am a 25 year old mother of 2 (3 yrs and 4 months) who needs to lose a lot of the pudge. My weight has been a rollercoaster ride for yrs, but when I finally had things under control and started to look great, I got pregnant with my first. I have been gaining ever since.

I started weight watchers, minus the meetings (thanks ebay) but I need the support. I started to use the Biggest Loser cardio video and will start weights this week. I also started to read Dr. Phil's book again, which I recommend to anyone who uses food as a source of comfort and stress relief.

If anyone has any "quick" exercise ideas (like certain intervals), some which I can fit in between short naps, let me know.
hotcubanmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:57 PM   #2  
Destination:ONEderland!

S/C/G: 375/360/199

Height: 5'9

Hey hotcubanmama! Welcome to 3fC! I'm also from PA and I have a LOT of weight to lose myself. Right now I'm doing NutriSystem and I have lost 15lbs with it so far (I started on January 2)...I hope you find this site helpful and I wish you luck on your weight-loss journey! See you around
IwannaLoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 AM   #3  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

I hope you love it around this place just as much as I do! There are great people with great motivation to share, and I haven't met a single unfriendly person yet.

As for plans, I'm just calorie counting, and using the Walk Away The Pounds dvds for my cardio.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #4  
Token Vulcan

Hi hotcubanmama! I'm new, too! I started my focused effort to lose as of the New Year and got rid of 10 pounds so far. It's mostly been due to better eating choices...I haven't changed the frequency with which I eat but I have changed some of the foods themselves.

I've also been doing short bursts of exercise a few times a week, maybe 5-10 minutes. I can't sustain it much past that at this point. I use my exercise machine sometimes and sometimes I sorta just freestyle. What works for me is that I put music on and will try to sustain particular exercises for at least the length of the song. Like I'll do a little jog in place or around the house for a few minutes, or lay on the floor and do the bicycle move for a few minutes, or sometimes I'll pretend I can actually dance and just shake my groove thing, lol. (I just about killed Mambo No. 5 the other night, lol.) I definitely find it more enjoyable to move with music.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:08 AM   #5  

Thanks guys! I feel good that I joined this site already; I can feel the pos energy!!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 11:30 PM   #6  
Token Vulcan

The February 12 issue of First magazine has info about Indoor Walking and a guide to doing 10 minute routines. It's basically a minute to a minute and a half series of steps. One step is marching in place, followed by side stepping, then alternating kicks, knee lifts. Then you repeat the steps but add an extra movement, like raising your arms or touching your raised knee with your opposite hand, or marching a little faster. You end up working more than just your legs. I tried a sort of free-flowing practice-style version of it tonight, lol. I basically had the music on and my body moving for at least ten minutes. I'm gonna try and pull the moves together a little better.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:54 AM   #7  
Jean77

S/C/G: 224/206/188

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi!

Hi all, can I join your thread? I just had a baby 6 months ago, and I'm still hanging on to the stubborn baby fat!! The good news is that my husband just got us an elliptical trainer!! So I've been getting my butt on there every day since we got it, which is good. But I've still been craving bad foods, which isn't good. I'm ready to give and get support in this daily struggle.
Jeannine
Jaedee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:34 PM   #8  

Thanks for the tips everyone! As for Jaedee 77, ofcourse u can join! It is so good you got an eliptical trainer. Those are amazing (I lived on one in college). I have been craving really bad sugary, salty foods these past few days. I am a binger, unfort. for me. I am not proud of it, though I still do it time to time. I know better, but it's like someone takes over my body. I hate it and my fiance doesnt understand. I just stuck little notes on the fridge but its not a good enough deterant. I dont know. Maybe it will pass when I am done pmsing.