Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170 lbs.

Height: 5.6 ft.

Default I'm New!

Hey Everyone,

I need to get motivated cause I'm feeling crappy and big. I need to stop the bad eating. We still have chocolate from Christmas and of course I'm working away at polishing it off. I'm in desperate need of some self-control. I would appreciate any tips to stop eating so bad and get on the right track to losing weight and feeling better about myself. My husband has just finished his second last chemo treatment for colon cancer, so when he's totally finished at some point for our 10th anniversary we would like to go on a trip and I want to look better. We may go in April sometime.

Catcha later,

Sandra
sedevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sandra.. I'm new as well. I hope your hubby does ok with his treatment plan. You are not alone. I've fought the cancer fight 3 times. I think in many ways it was harder on my husband. He had to be the strength too many times. He pulled me through when I was ready to let go. I can't even imagine your stress level. Colon cancer is so scary. My advice would be to start with little realistic goals. I know I can't lose 50 lbs but I know I can lose 5. I know i can't give up chocolate but I can limit myself to 1 a day. Perhaps we can do this together. I'm also a BC Canadian. I actually have a nephew in Toronto. Small world eh? Welcome! Please pamper yourself a wee bit during this difficult time. My hubby went to several movies while I was in the hospital. It was his time to relax . Best Wishes.. Lori
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170 lbs.

Height: 5.6 ft.

Default Thanks for your Support

Hey Lori,

Thanks so much for some support. I kinda feel like I'm drowning right now, but thanks for your hint of taking smaller steps. I shall focus on losing 5 pounds for now. Yeah, cancer no matter what type is scary. What kind of cancer did you battle with 3 times? We have two young children as well, so that makes it hard to take off to the movies. Thanks for your reply!

Sandra D.
sedevitt is offline   Reply With Quote