Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-24-2007, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

Default Hi I'm 19 and new and sad

Well I guess you could say I'm a yo-yo dieter, I get so motivated and jum right in then after a week or ywo I lose the motivation. I'm 151 lbs now and that the exact weight I was when I was 8 months pregnant with my son. How sad is that. I have like 2 outfits now because I refuse to go buy clothes that are my real size. It's so depressing. I feel like I just really need some support. So if anyone wants be be my diet buddy and we can motivate eachother just let me know. I have yahoo messenger.
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/205/120 PREGNANT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyShy19 View Post
Well I guess you could say I'm a yo-yo dieter, I get so motivated and jump right in then after a week or two I lose the motivation. I'm 151 lbs now and that the exact weight I was when I was 8 months pregnant with my son. How sad is that. I have like 2 outfits now because I refuse to go buy clothes that are my real size. It's so depressing. I feel like I just really need some support. So if anyone wants be be my diet buddy and we can motivate each other just let me know. I have yahoo messenger.
Welcome oh man how I would LOVE to be 151 lbs :P Be sure to check out all of the forums on 3FC. You will find a lot of people facing the same struggles as well as tips for eating/exercising/living for weight loss and overall good health
I am 26 and have been yo yo dieting my whole life. We do have to keep in mind that we aren't 15 anymore. Metabolisms slow down with age. Set small realistic goals for yourself and reward yourself at each goal.

A good place to start is to see what you are doing to maintain where you are at. Try logging the foods you eat and activities you do at a place like Fitday (fitday.com) and make adjustments accordingly. Here is a link to mine:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...suddenly+susan

Healthy weight loss is slowwwww. That's why most of us crash after a week or two of not "seeing" instant results. Don't be sad

Susan
suddenly susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:02 PM   #3  

Keep posting on here! Everyone's super supportive. If you have a specific method for weightloss in mind there's definitely a community for you. Just look around and find some place that you think fits.

There's a Support Group for 20-Somethings: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56 if you think that might fit too. I'd be happy to talk with you, but I don't have Yahoo. You can message me on here anytime, though.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #4  

Smile Welcome

hey shy...just to let you know joining 3FC is the best decision you can make. I just recently joined and the people here are great and so supportive especially when it comes to tips and advice. My best friend is a tiny skinny thing and after joining 3FC it was great to finally be able to talk to people who are going through the same things. In a way talking to these girls motivates you to keep going with your diet and exercise because you know you're all in it together. If you need any advice or just someone to talk to you could always message or chat. Keep us updated on your progress...GOOD LUCK!
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote