Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/178/115 or size 6 :o)

Height: 5'1"

Default Brand spankin' new - and I'll be a copycat - anyone need a WW buddy?

OK, so here's my story... Once upon a time (until 10 years ago) I was the chick we all now hate. I was young, beautiful and skinny. Until then, I was always one of those people who could east like a pig, never excercise and still never gain any weight. Then... I started taking medication that made me gain weight - medication I'll be on for the rest of my life. And the pounds started packing on... Then several months ago - after going to the Dr. to figure out how the heck I had managed to put on 20 lbs. over a 2 week period - I found out I have hypothyriodism.

So... with the deck stacked against me, I have nearly doubled my weight in the past 10 years. Oink!

I have to lose this weight - I've gotten to the point that I'm as worried about living to see my next birthday as I am humiliated by what I look like (it doesn't help that all the women in my office are wickedly thin). Someone at work startled me really badly recently, and I was literally afraid I was going to have a heart attack and die. My chest siezed up so much I had a hard time breathing.

So I need to face the obstacles and get over them (literally and figuratively). I've been meaning to join Weight Watchers since Christmas - but I just keep not doing it (I'm shy and going by myself is nerve wracking). I have a full year at Bally's paid for - but I haven't gone because every time I pull into the parking lot, the people coming and going look so fit and healthy. It feels like I'm entering a beauty pageant and everyone in the audience looks like George Clooney.

I need a buddy (or a few) who will help me get going... and then keep going! I promise to reciprocate!
SuziQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey there..welcome to the forums. You have deffinately come to the right place for support and encouragement. Good luck to you!!!
MissieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #3  

I'm new as well and about to join Weight Watchers for a second time, and hopefully last! Weight Watcher buddies? Lol.
chrissy87 is offline   Reply With Quote