Another newbie!!

• I found this sight last weekend and I was about to sign up....when horror of all horrors.....my hard drive broke...yep it broke!! Now I have a new one, back up and running and came back here as soon as I remembered!

I've got about 50 lbs to lose....I've got my 10 yr. high school reunion this year, and also may be getting engaged soon!!! So possibly planning a wedding for the summer and want to look my best!!

I started working out with my Crunch Cardio Salsa video last week, and eating healthy, healthy!! Then I sprained my ankle!! The day after I broke my computer.....soooooo....I have my computer back, but not the use of my ankle. However, I've been excersizing muscles I never knew I had with my shiny new crutches! Anyone else ever been on crutches?? NOT fun!

Funny story....my boyfriend happens to think I look wonderful, which is GREAT, so I am doing this weight loss thing totally for myself- not for him! However, I'd refused to tell him how much I actually weighed, until recently! Guys just don't seem to get it that women do NOT want to share their weight with them! So I finally told him about 2 weeks ago. Then last Saturday, he was the one to come to my rescue when I sprained my ankle, and he took me to the ER. Well, of course at the ER, who cares that it's my ANKLE that is hurt....they had to take my blood pressure, temperature, ask when my last period was, AND....ask my weight! Boy was I glad I'd already confessed that to the boyfriend...since he was standing right there!

Ok, that was a long intro...but a few more facts...I'm 28, from TN, and an elementary Spanish teacher- love my job, even though the pay is crappy! I love kids, love to travel, and LOVE living by myself (except for right now when i have no one here to baby my hurt ankle!)

I've already discovered great tips and info from reading the posts on here, can't wait to join in! And can't wait for success!!!!!!!
  • Hello and welcome to the forums.

Not sure if you know this or not but according to Fit Day, walking for 1 hour with crutches burns approximately 191 calories.

Good luck to you!!!
  • Haha thanks! Just not sure I could keep it up for an hour!!

Maybe in a couple days...it's actually starting to feel better right now! About time since it's been a week!