Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #1  
Yvette

S/C/G: 161/137/125

Height: 5'7"

Default Keeping at it

I have tried to lose weight before and have not had luck. This time, however, I have decided that the "trick" is to make the decision to make a lifestyle change, not be on short term diet. I started South Beach in mid-October and have lost almost 20 pounds! I am encouraged by the results, but know that in order to keep the pounds off, I have to keep at it.

I found this website by accident. I spent several days reading posts and articles. I think it is a fabulous idea, and a good way to encourage people to "keep at it".

Benjasmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #2  
Destination:ONEderland!

S/C/G: 375/360/199

Height: 5'9

I think that's the trick for making weight-loss work,too. If you think of it as a "diet," it most likely won't work but calling it a lifestyle change sounds more appealing,and something desirable. Great job on your loss and your decision to change your life. This site will definitely help you...if you ever need motivation,inspiration,encouragement,anything,you can find it here! Good luck and I hope to see you often!
IwannaLoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Absolutely Right On, girls . . .

Diet is simply a four letter word - a bad one at that. Diet by its very nature has come to mean something temporary (although it really is supposed to describe the manner in which we eat - if you check the dictionary) and temporary definitely describes the nature of the weight lost while on a Diet.

You are on the right track to better health and fitness when you realize that you must make a Permanent Lifestyle Change. Have a great one.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #4  
Yvette

S/C/G: 161/137/125

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks for the support!

I appreciate the encouragement. It's hard to keep your motivation up when you see sweets all over the place (my weakness). I gave up soda--Coke-- in October (I allow myself 1 a week so as not to feel deprived) and that already made a huge difference. I was drinking up to five a day! I still miss it (like any good addiction), but I am learning to substitute tea (no sugar and usually no caffeine) and water.

When I see all the hard work and great results that others have accomplished here, (some with many more obstacles than I have), I am reminded that I can do it too...with faith, persistence, exercise and good nutrition.
Benjasmya is offline   Reply With Quote