Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #1  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

Default Hello from Philadelphia!

Hi! My name is Kendra and I'm on the neverending quest to lose weight.

I've been chubby since I was 9 years old and I was on the chubby/thick side throughout high school. However, I managed to be an 11/12 but I suffered from anorexia and bulumia while I was in high school. In college, I gained the Freshman Fifteen plus 30 pounds. During my time in college, I stayed within 10 lbs of 220-225. However, with the way I carry the weight, I didn't look as fat as I was, I wore a size 14 in that time.

Now, I just left school in May and I moved home in July. It took me a while to find a job. I didn't start working until October and I spent a good deal of the time snacking and not doing much. I'm now working with children as a TSS worker and I get so winded walking up and down the steps in the school. I've also gained 25 lbs here at home and I just feel so sluggish and tired all of the time.

People in my family tend to be heavy. Diabetes and hypertension tend to run in the family and I want to buck the trend. My goal weight is for 160: I was that weight when I was in high school and I'd like get there again the RIGHT way. I want to change my life to better glorify the Lord and so I can be healthier. I want to break my habits of eating when I'm sad, when I'm angry, bored, etc.

I'm happy to be here.
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5.5

**** Kendra
I am new here also I am also from Philly we Philly Girls are going to shake this weight right off of us I just wanted to stop in and say Hi

PhillyPrincess
PhillyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #3  

Hi and welcome, Kendra!

I lived in Philly for 10 years, now live in the western 'burbs. A wonderful thing about living in Philly is that it's such a walkable city -- a great way to exercise without having to plan or spend money to do it. And there's Fairmount Park, especially the Wissahickon Park section, for green and woodland walking/hiking.

I love the idea of dieting to "glorify the Lord." I'm not a believer, but if I were, I think that would be a powerful motivator.

Now, what is a TSS worker? What is it that you do?

And what is your plan for losing the weight? Are you following a specific diet or designing your own, or just cutting back on the fattening stuff? And do you have any strategies for those times when the bad habits (eating while bored, sad, etc.) get to you?

You write well -- looking forward to reading more of your posts!
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:19 PM   #4  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPrincess View Post
**** Kendra
I am new here also I am also from Philly we Philly Girls are going to shake this weight right off of us I just wanted to stop in and say Hi

PhillyPrincess
we will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siena1383 View Post
Hi and welcome, Kendra!

I lived in Philly for 10 years, now live in the western 'burbs. A wonderful thing about living in Philly is that it's such a walkable city -- a great way to exercise without having to plan or spend money to do it. And there's Fairmount Park, especially the Wissahickon Park section, for green and woodland walking/hiking.

I love the idea of dieting to "glorify the Lord." I'm not a believer, but if I were, I think that would be a powerful motivator.

Now, what is a TSS worker? What is it that you do?

And what is your plan for losing the weight? Are you following a specific diet or designing your own, or just cutting back on the fattening stuff? And do you have any strategies for those times when the bad habits (eating while bored, sad, etc.) get to you?

You write well -- looking forward to reading more of your posts!
I say to glorify the Lord because I'm a glutton. I eat way too much and as a believer, I should be doing everything in moderation.

TSS workers with with kids with mental health issues. Its a glorified babysitter in a way but I just graduated from school. It's something.

I was looking at the South Beach Diet. My money is limited (credit card debt, student loan debt that is taking most of it) but I'm living at home. My whole family eats badly though and my mom isn't interested in going on a weight-loss plan with me. Plus, my working hours tend to be erratic in that I can't take a normal lunch at 12-1 like most people. My first meal is at 7 in the morning then my next one won't be until 3 pm. So, I'm looking at starting off by exercising more and, eating more fruits and veggies, and cutting fried and fast food out of my diet at least.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:51 AM   #5  
Go Cardinals!!

S/C/G: 276/221/150

Height: 5'6

Hey! Welcome to the site! I'm pretty new here as well, but love this place already! I hope you enjoy your stay here, there are a lot of nice people! =)
Dragonfly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #6  
Bikini Season :)

welcome!!!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #7  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Kendra, PhillyP and Siena -- just how small IS this world? I also live in the western suburbs of Philly and have a special needs child whom received TSS/wraparound services last year! No small coincidence!! Maybe we can all encourage each other along this journey. I'm on a few other threads but may be popping in here as well. Love the fact that we are all neighbors! Bummer about the Birds on Saturday but there's always next year, right? Fly little birdies, fly! I'm pretty new here as well, only joined just b/4 New Years.

Just a quick stop to say HI to you all. GOOD LUCK; I'll be stopping back in very soon!!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #8  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is that really me View Post
Kendra, PhillyP and Siena -- just how small IS this world? I also live in the western suburbs of Philly and have a special needs child whom received TSS/wraparound services last year! No small coincidence!! Maybe we can all encourage each other along this journey. I'm on a few other threads but may be popping in here as well. Love the fact that we are all neighbors! Bummer about the Birds on Saturday but there's always next year, right? Fly little birdies, fly! I'm pretty new here as well, only joined just b/4 New Years.

Just a quick stop to say HI to you all. GOOD LUCK; I'll be stopping back in very soon!!

Jo
Wow, it really is a small world!

Today, I did 15 mins on the step machine and 20 situps and 30 side crunches. It hurt a bit but it was that good hurt you get when muscles that hadn't been used in years have been moved.