Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #1  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Talking New and Looking for Friends

Today is my first day on 3FC. I am 31 years old and have 65 pounds that I want to loose. I became a mommy for the first time in October and it's time that I made better choices in my life so I can be around for this little guy. My short term goal is to loose 65 pounds. My long term goal is for hubby and I to both live to see our 50th wedding anniversary. I was 29 and he was 27 when we got married. I can't make his choices for him, nor he for I, but we've decided to embark on this journey toward better health together. I've made a committment to lose weight and he's made a committment to quit smoking.

Anyway, I'm looking for others in my age range or geographical area to buddy up with to loose this weight. So, please feel free to say 'hi'. I've started this journey enough times to know that it's much more difficult (nearly impossible I'd say) to do it alone, than to do it with friends.

Good luck all!

Marjean
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #2  
jgr

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'11"

I'm also on my first day and though I'm a bit older (as in, old enough to be your mother) and not in your area (NJ isn't near TX, unless they've moved something), I do have links to Weatherford and Parker County (back around 1854, at least). My GG grandparents were among the first settlers in Parker County; my great grandfather was born there in 1855.

So let's you and me lose our 65 pounds together!
jgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #3  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

jgr~
What an interesting journey your family must have taken to make it from Parker Co. to NJ! I love it here. Texas has always been my home.

I'm glad to have a buddy in this journey. Keep in touch!

So far today I'm doing really well with my eating and not so great with exercise. Hubby and I are cleaning out the back room trying to make way for baby's room. He's nearly 3 months old and we're about ready to move him out of our room. So, I guess that counts as exercise!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Marjean
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #4  

HI!

I live near Tulsa, Ok and I am 36 with 2 small girls ages 4 & 1. I have been losing weight for almost year now and it has been a struggle. I haven't lost any in over a month and I haven't exercised in about 2 weeks. I have lost my "baby weight" but I still have 30 pounds to go. i am not a very persistant person and I know how busy a life can get when you have a baby. I would love to help support you.

Good Luck!
Stephanie
sshomemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:48 PM   #5  
jgr

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4me4ben4will View Post
What an interesting journey your family must have taken to make it from Parker Co. to NJ! I love it here. Texas has always been my home.
Let's see -- Parker County - Clay County - Wichita County - Tillman County OK - Midland County - Denver - The Netherlands - NYC suburbs. Yep, it was quite a whirl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4me4ben4will View Post
So far today I'm doing really well with my eating and not so great with exercise. Hubby and I are cleaning out the back room trying to make way for baby's room. He's nearly 3 months old and we're about ready to move him out of our room. So, I guess that counts as exercise!
It absolutely DOES count as exercise. Walking. Cooking. Cleaning. Ordinary housework. It all counts. (Doing what I've done today, sit on my rear in front of a computer screen and the TV -- darn Giants lost again -- does NOT count.)
jgr is offline   Reply With Quote