Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-06-2007, 06:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Height: 5'5"

Talking First Step...

Hi All - I read about this site in a magazine. I too am starting January with the mission of finally losing weight. I'm following the guidelines in Julie Havey's Vice Busting Diet. I feel I need to address the mental as well as the physical.

Never been part of a support group before, but thought I would give it a try. Nice to meet y'all!!!

onamishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #2  
Surreality

Hi, nice to meet you

I checked out that book from the library not too long ago. It was kind of different, but a little weird. I got the impression she blamed everyones weight on fast food, soda, and tv. Those aren't my problems, so I didn't get anything from the book.

What diet are you on? I think it's great that you want to work on the mental as well as the physical. I guess I never looked at it that way. I just got a copy of Mindless Eating and it's pretty eye-opening so far. Check it out!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Height: 5'5"

Cool Thx for your Message

Hi there - Kinda cool that I got a message already. Thanks for that! I think alot of my problem is mental. I don't see myself as others see me. I feel (on a more subconscious level) like my weight is who I am rather than a characteristic of me, which obviously causes huge self esteem issues. Been that way my whole life. My friends of course think I'm nuts! And on a conscious level, I know better than that. But it is that tape in my head I've gotta change. Julia Havey addresses that. That's really why I'm reading her book and going to use the Lifechanger daily journal.

Okay, now that you probably think I'm a nutcase!!!!!

What do you struggle with? I'll have to check out that book too!!

I love this dancing carrot guy!!
onamishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #4  
Surreality

you are NOT a nutcase You sound normal to me. It's hard to be overweight when society tells us we should be thin. I've felt like an outsider many times during my life.

What do I struggle with? For one thing, I'm not active enough. I'm a real bookworm and spend way too much time reading. I drive everywhere, even to the shops 3 blocks away. The foods I eat are pretty healthy, but then I get seconds, or eat leftovers late at night. That about covers it My New Years Resolutions are to exercise more, and say no to second helpings. I think I need to find a hobby to keep me busy at night, so I don't get bored and dip into the leftovers. Maybe exercise would be a good hobby

What diet plan are you on? Do you count calories?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:34 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Default Understand

I have that inner voice, too. I think everyone is looking at my weight all the time and that it's me and everyone only sees me at 250 and not Amanda.

And when something negative happens, that voice makes me feel worse all the time. Sometimes it starts up for no reason at all. My moods change very quickly. I understand.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote