Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-06-2007, 01:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/180

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Another new chick

Hey everyone, I came across this website the other day when i was looking for some dieting information. I thought this was a great idea, and i'm truly inspired by all of you who have lost weight and continue to take it off..

How did you all do it? is there any trick?.. i'm just so sick and tired of being overweight.. i've been this way my entire life. Lost some weight a couple of years back but that was only due to me falling ill.. as soon as the health came back, so did the weight. I would love to get some off and feel good again.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction???
desperate2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hello and from a fellow Canadian . . . and there are quite a bunch of us around here . . . I'm originally from Toronto, although now living in Nova Scotia.

You have definitely taken a great first step on the long winding road to better health and fitness by finding 3FC. Just feel free to jump in wherever you feel comfortable. I know you will receive a great big welcoming wherever you decide to land. There are over 60,000 members and loads more visitors who use these boards regularly . . . definitely something to appeal to everyone.

Best of luck on your downward journey, chickie . . . the weight will not come off overnight, but it will come off. Just keep doing the good stuff as much as you possible can. Have a great moving and shaking day . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome in, Desperate2lose! You will find many supportive cheerleaders here to help you on your journey!

Tricks of losing? Not really. Most of it is pretty basic stuff, you just need to remember to do it!

~ Surf the site and read about all the different plans, then choose one that best fits with your life.

~ Move, move, move! You need to move more than you have been, even running back and forth through the house during commercial breaks on tv helps!

~ Write everything down. If you put it in your mouth, write it down! Many people, me included, eat a lot more than they realize. A bite here, a nibble there, we do it so unconsciously that many times we don't even realize we've eaten something. Writing it down makes you take a moment to think about it and decide if you're actually hungry, or maybe just bored or thirsty.

~ Remember, diets are TEMPORARY! You need to make actual lifestyle changes that will help you lose the weight and keep it off.

~ Last but not least, ask questions. Read the boards here at 3FC! They are so full of inspiration, motivation, and heart warming NSV's that they will usually get you through a tough spot or a craving WITHOUT eating!

Good luck on your journey!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote