Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/181/120

Height: 4'10"

Default another newbie

Hello, ladies! i'm new to this group as well! i hope i posted this in the right area, i'm still trying to figure out the site!

anyways.. i'm so happy to find a free online support group for those trying to lose weight!

are there any other people out there with physical limitations? I have severe arthritis in my hips, knees and ankles which makes walking or jogging difficult. i've been riding a stationary bike, but i'm wondering if anyone else has any exercise tips? i also ride horses, but i only get to do that once a week or every other week. living on a budget makes it difficult to get a gym membership, community pool pass or afford riding lessons as often as i'd like.

bemyjoeyramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:28 AM   #2  

Default Hi 61

HI 61 lbs to go---newbie

I am new myself--I am trying to learn this chat system.
It is a good idea to share in our wt loss struggles.
Losing weight can be costly--it so much cheaper and easier to buy junky fast foods.
It's kind of fun to try to beat the system and do things without paying an arm and a leg. I know what you mean about the cost of things.
bye for now
janeta
janeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:18 AM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

to you both!

I too have arthritis in my spine, so I can understand. I found that the Walking Away the Pounds (WATP) DVD is great. Because you can walk up to 2 miles in your own home and if you get tired or have pain, you can stop at any time. I've even sat and kept my legs moving when my back started hurting.

OH and I just remembered, my MIL just got the Bean, she is disabled and she says she can exercise with it easily! So there is a tip!

Anyways, this is a GREAT site with lots of wonderful people!!!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME!! This is a great place for support, information and ideas!

Many of us have a number of "homes" here at 3fc. You will probably want to check out the dieting with obstacles group. It's here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 4' 11"

Smile Hello from Illinois

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum and have struggled my whole life with my weight. i am so excited to be able to connect with all of you I would like to loose 50 pounds and am going to join your easter challenge and target a goal loss of 20 pounds.

can some one tell me how you make those weight monitors on the bottom of your threads.

thanks laura
Chances93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome everyone and good luck to you.
MissieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/181/120

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
WELCOME!! This is a great place for support, information and ideas!

Many of us have a number of "homes" here at 3fc. You will probably want to check out the dieting with obstacles group. It's here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14
hey! thanks for the tip!!! im sorry to say i binged a bit last week thanks to aunt flo and my raging hormones..but somehow i still lost two pounds! and i kept my fluids up so it cant just be water weight...
bemyjoeyramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:46 AM   #8  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I sympathize with the physical stuff - I'm 19 but have the back of a middle aged woman, apparently (pre-arthritis and assorted other lovely issues). The gym I was at over the summer had a free consultation thingy with a personal trainer, and when I told her about my back issues she showed me some variations of exercises that make life a LOT easier - sit ups on a yoga ball, etc. It might be worth paying for a single personal training session so that you can safely learn to exercise at home... just a thought. As for the trackers, just click on someone else's and it'll bring you to a page that shows you how to do it - then just add the code they give you into your signature, its on your personal options page. Again, welcome!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote