Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/254/150

Height: 5'8"

Default New

Hi all,
I'm new to the group & need a little extra encouragement to loose more weight. I have lost 26 pounds (254)since my 3rd child was born in July of 2005(280). I would like to loose 104 more pounds (150). It has been about 15 years since I was under 200. I look forward to the encouragement & to encouraging others.

Klutzi
Klutzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome in, Klutzi! You've come to the right place to begin your journey! What plan have you decided to follow?
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/254/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Kelly. DH & I are following South Beach. We started Monday morning & I am really detoxing - Migraine last night. I know it is from me being addicted to carbs, but I am sticking it out as I know in the end I will feel so much better. I am also trying to exercise...right now not doing so good on that. I figure once I get used to the diet, I will start exercising at first for 20 min. every other day & then increase that...I'm not exercising at all right now. I weighed in again this morning & I'm down to 250 so 4 pounds lost this week!! Yeah!!
Klutzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #4  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

That's fabulous! I am doing Weight Watchers. While WW doesn't have a "detox" built in to their program, I did go cold turkey on the iced tea when I started. It doesn't sound like much, but I had been drinking at least a half gallon of it a day loaded with sugar. It took a bit for my body to recover from the lack of sugar and the caffeine. Now I don't miss it at all....occassionally I miss the flavor, but not the other stuff. When I feel I really want some, I do just a glass of the caffiene free tea with a packet of sweet 'n low in it. I used to get up and start my morning with a tall glass of it (I'm not a coffee drinker), now I get up to a large glass of water. Stick in there, you'll feel better soon!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote