Lost 70 lbs in 06, gained 8 back...starting again and need help!!!!!

• Hi everyone!

My name is Carrie, I live in Iowa and just got married in Dec. of 05. When I got married I was at my highest weight ever of 317 lbs. I actually didn't know I weighed that much because I never got on a scale. On Jan 2 of 06 I for some reason got on a scale and saw the 317 and that was my "lightbulb" moment. From then on, I learned a totally new lifestyle..I ate less, and better foods and I excercised. I continued this trend all the way through spring, summer, and into fall.....and when cold weather hit that seems to be when I lost my motivation...I could no longer go outside for walks and ride my bike. For the past month I KNEW I had not lost any weight, and feared I had gained some back. Well tonight I got on the scale and saw that I have gained back 8 of the 70 lbs I lost. So now I am currently at 255 and I obviously have a long road ahead of me...and I am in no hurry, but would like to get back to losing two pounds a week. I am still getting comments on how great I look, but I know if I had kept going I would look EVEN BETTER! So now since Christmas is over, I feel like it is time for me to get my brain thinking the healthy way again. I would like to find a buddy or two that is also in need of motivation. Someone that I could email with progress, and highs and lows....just a friend to talk to that knows what this battle is all about. So if anyone out there is interested, you can email me at [email protected] or send me a message on here. Look forward to hearing from someone soon!
  • Hi, Carrie. I'm pretty new, too. I have found the people here to be very kind and very inspiring.
  • Geez - been there, done that. My moment was the 306 on the scale. I thought I was up there but seeing it in big red numbers hit home. I started WW online and was amazed how quick it came off - over 60 pounds in about 8 months. Now I am working on the plateau. With all the crap I ate over the xmas holidays - I really need to get into overdrive. I'll shoot you an email and let's try to keep in touch!