Fighting for my future

• Hi everybody! My name is Kelly and I am 28 years old. This board looks awesome and I can't wait to get involved here.
    A little about myself...I live in AZ and I am going to school to become an interior designer. I just finished my first semester. I have over 100 pounds to loose. I gained all my weight after several years of severe depression.
    I feel like I am fighting for my future. I hate myself the way I am right now. My self-esteem is practically non-existant. I want to be able to finish school..get married..have kids.. but I feel like none of that is going to happen unless I get some control over myself and feel better about myself. I can't get involved with anyone right now because my self-hatred is so bad.
    Anyways..I will see you all around.

-Kelly
  • Hi Kelly,

I'm new here too. I hope you find what you are looking for here. (I hope I do too!) I guess we should just take it one day at a time and try to make each day better than the last...

What are your weight loss plans?
  • Hi Kelly, we're all doing this together. My heart goes out to you about the severe depression you mentioned. I'm no medical doctor, but I've read that some antidepressant medications might influence your weight. Could that be a factor for you? Kudos to you for working on loving yourself instead of jumping into a relationship with another person to see self-love reflected in their eyes. But don't wait until you're a certain dress size to start loving yourself. Everyone here can help you celebrate each small healthful choice until they accumulate into a transformed life. That's what I'm shooting for, too. Your first victory is participating in this community of support!

Geri
  • Hello
    I'm also 28 but a single mom of my very soon to be two year old son. I've had self image issues all my life and battling major depression and Compulsive obsessive disorder. I'm trying to make this year the spring board for a better life since that past few years have been really rough. I hope you succeed in your goals also!
  • Welcome Kelly, I'm pretty new here too, and have also battled depression and self-esteem issues for a long time. You can definitely do it - I just have to remember to hate the WEIGHT, but not ourselves!! We are not our rolls of fat!

Best of luck to you.