Old 09-17-2017, 02:53 PM   #16  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Well, you've got me beat, Joysh! It's been 3 lbs in two weeks for me, so 9 lbs is pretty awesome. It's much faster than the usual calorie counting/points type diets, still. You'll get there again. When you go to the grocery store next time stack 9 lbs of butter together in your empty cart and marvel that that is gone from your body already. Then don't forget to put it back in the dairy case, lol.

Liana
Thanks for the encouragement. I needed it. Have a good Sunday.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 167/152/130

You all are so amazing! I did IP last year and lost 27lbs post baby weight and it was great. I also did not reach maintenance and have gained back about 12-14 lbs. I'm having a hard time being motivated and it's only day 1 but I'm glad to be a part of this forum with some wonderful ladies! Good Luck everyone and hope we all have a successful day/week!
banana_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hang in there banana_banana! You'll get 'er down again, just listen a bit more carefully about the maintenance part, eh? lol
Down another 1.75 inches today at weigh & measure, so close to 11 inches lost since I started my reboot Aug 29.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:54 PM   #19  
Started IP 6/14/12

Hi All! How is everyone doing today? I'm down another couple of pounds and I'm very happy about it!

Banana, welcome!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 09-30-2017, 03:38 AM   #20  

Woot woot for 2 lbs down!!!
You are almost there, Joysh!!

Liana
Old 10-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 257/223.8/175

Height: 5'8"

Default My first post.

I'm so encouraged with my results on IP. Down a total of 24lbs in just over two months. I've phased myself off the diet so I can celebrate with my sister for her 70th birthday and plan to stay off for a month (after another important birthday) then start up again. In phase 2 and the first week on phase 3 - I still managed to bring my weight down by a few pounds.

I feel so much better now than how I felt last spring. My knee was causing me pain and even sleeping became difficult without pain medication. Since starting IP, I've not needed any medicine. Also, my breathing is so much better that I can go for longer walks.
Thanks to all - I've been reading these posts on 3FC for months and find everyone so encouraging with lots of useful information or links of places to go to get more info.

Hi to canadjineh - I am also in British Columbia.
sixtyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:07 AM   #22  

Hiya, sixtyplus! Welcome!! Enjoy your special events, but don't get too carried away...
What general area of BC are you in, if you are comfortable answering that? I met up in person with another 3FC IP friend from Washington state when she vacationed in our area last year. It was tons of fun. We did a cycling wine tour I cobbled together.

Liana
Old 10-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/223.8/175

I and just returned from the family do. Had some champagne and wine but everything was reasonable. Gained two pounds and was able to stop eating and not finish everything that was on the plate. That's a bit of re-training - watching the quantities and leaving things on a plate.

Hi canadjineh, I'm in north Surrey! What area of BC are you in?
Cheers all
sixtyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:43 AM   #24  

Just started IP and on day three with headaches. I like the structure and ease so far of IP. I'm Getting married at the end of July and trying to lose the very happy 25 lbs I gained by eating out and being in love over the past 1&1/2 years. Had been the same weight before for my adult life. My coach says losing should be faster since this is newer weight. Anyone heard of that or experienced that as well? (I'm also now over the age 40.) Any tips on chain restaurants that are P1 friendly? Going on a business trip next week for a few days. Thanks!
Seaketogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #25  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaketogal View Post
Just started IP and on day three with headaches. I like the structure and ease so far of IP. I'm Getting married at the end of July and trying to lose the very happy 25 lbs I gained by eating out and being in love over the past 1&1/2 years. Had been the same weight before for my adult life. My coach says losing should be faster since this is newer weight. Anyone heard of that or experienced that as well? (I'm also now over the age 40.) Any tips on chain restaurants that are P1 friendly? Going on a business trip next week for a few days. Thanks!
I agree with your coach. You will succeed in no time but don't just make it about the wedding as everyone I've known that did that went back up after the wedding.

I don't have ideas for fast food chain restaurants as I avoid them on P1. If you are on your own for dinner, I like to go to a local grocery store instead where you could get salad fixings including hard boiled eggs and cooked chicken where I either just use my 2 tsp of olive oil as my dressing or bring a Walden farms dressing packet.
My go to sit down chain restaurant while on IP is Red Robin. I get a turkey burger in a lettuce wrap (plain) and a side of steamed broccoli (I bring a packet of olive oil with me - I purchased individual olive oil packets on Amazon). This is delicious.
If you are going to business dinners and don't have a choice I do 1 of 2 things - I review the menu ahead of time to see if I can have anything usually by special order and if not then I bring 2 portable packets with me to have instead and if I do low carb packets for the day I will have a side of vegetables if they have something I can have. Because the chicken soup (1 carb) is a staple for me and I don't use restricted items, I don't have to worry about the carbs in the packets if I have 5 in a day with 2 replacing my dinner protein.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyplus View Post
I and just returned from the family do. Had some champagne and wine but everything was reasonable. Gained two pounds and was able to stop eating and not finish everything that was on the plate. That's a bit of re-training - watching the quantities and leaving things on a plate.

Hi canadjineh, I'm in north Surrey! What area of BC are you in?
Cheers all
I grew up in North Surrey and also used to live in Delta but moved to North Okanagan over 35 years ago. WTG with the reasonable drink & plate!

Hi to all the peeps doin' the reboot.
Liana
Old 10-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #27  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Default I'm back

Hi all, lovely to see some familiar names - Joysh & canadjineh! Lost 50 lbs in the fall of 2103 and kept it off for almost 4 years! Lots of stressors in the last 4 months and I'm up almost 20 lbs! I started my reboot today, won't get a weigh-in until Weds am but I am pretty sure I'm around 160 lbs. I swore I would never let that happen, but there you go!

I always got such great support from all of you in the forum; I know I can't do it alone so thanks in advance for all the help as I reboot.

EC

Last edited by ecdcslim; 10-23-2017 at 01:10 PM.
ecdcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #28  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi all, lovely to see some familiar names - Joysh & canadjineh! Lost 50 lbs in the fall of 2103 and kept it off for almost 4 years! Lots of stressors in the last 4 months and I'm up almost 20 lbs! I started my reboot today, won't get a weigh-in until Weds am but I am pretty sure I'm around 160 lbs. I swore I would never let that happen, but there you go!

I always got such great support from all of you in the forum; I know I can't do it alone so thanks in advance for all the help as I reboot.

EC
EC,

Congrats on recognizing the need to reboot and doing something about it. You'll have it off in no time!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #29  
Started IP 6/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi all, lovely to see some familiar names - Joysh & canadjineh!

EC
Hi ecdslim and RO22 and Liana! I'm still here, although I don't check in daily. But still doing my big reboot and losing. It's slow, but steady. Have a wonderful week, everyone!

We can do this! Once we're in it, it's not so hard.

I just miss seeing my ticker.... That was always a good incentive for me.

Last edited by joysh; 10-30-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #30  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi all, thanks Ro22 adn Joysh for the welcome, I'm happy to be back. Hope you are all continuing to be successful.

I had my first official weigh-in on Saturday, down 1.5 lbs, which was awesome as I totally jumped off the wagon into a big pile of Halloween candy, followed by Doritos and Cheetos on Wednesday. I never, ever binged like this before I lost the weight with IP. I don't know if it's because IP is so restrictive but now, when I cheat, it leads to a quick binge fest. I truly believe it's an addiction, too bad you can't go cold turkey on food!

Has anybody had gas and cramping issues with Quest products? I used the powders and bars the first time I did the program and did not have this problem but now, jeesh! Maybe I need to find alternatives.

Spent the weekend roasting cauliflower, shredding cabbage, and spinning lettuce to prep me for the week. Have a great week!
ecdcslim is offline   Reply With Quote