Old 02-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Question Vanilla Drink Too Sweet

I refrigerated the vanilla drink but the 1st sip was waaaaaaay too sweet tasting. I added some powdered coffee hoping it would balance out the sweetness, but it still tastes yucky. What do y'all do to combat the sweetness? Thx!
~Lindsay
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #2  

I've only ever used it as a coffee creamer. Maybe try that?
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:22 PM   #3  

ooo great idea! thx!
Old 02-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228.2/228.2/165

Height: 5' 7'

Hi there,

Have you recently started IP? My first two weeks every drink I had was disgustingly sweet. I'm 8 weeks in now and some drinks still are, but I LOVE the vanilla drink now. It is true what they say; your tastes do change rather frequently on this diet. Especially with the wonky food we're on. One week you'll love something and the next week it might make you gag (I'm experiencing that with the omelets right now). Never be afraid to try things again after a few weeks or even new things you couldn't imaging yourself liking. Our bodies are going through a lot of changes, and these things can happen.

KaraNoCarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:31 PM   #5  

Good to know! I was making a ranking list of all the ones I'd tried so far so I could remember which ones I didn't like. I think I'll still keep the list but reserve the right to change at will.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192.2/174.8/150

Height: 5'3"

I just tried the vanilla pre-made drink for the first time yesterday. I added cinnamon, 4 oz cold coffee and crushed ice....I found it delicious although I agree the vanilla drink on it's own is quite sweet.
miss.fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:17 PM   #7  

Late to the game on this one, but...
I have only ever used those as last minute kind of things since I prefer it with ice. If I do drink them, I add ice and blend. I have also split a packet of hot cocoa or chai (which they don't have anymore, sadly) with the vanilla and made 2 drinks out of it....save one for later adn re-add ice and blend again.
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote