Old 01-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #1  

Default 1st weigh in and only down 1lb :(

So I just got back from my first weigh in and I'm feeling discouraged. I've been feeling good and enjoying the program, weighing all my food in it's raw state and haven't cheated at all. I'm down 1lb! When I got on the scale I was expecting to see at least 5lbd gone. I'm going to start my period in a few days, but even my coach didn't think it should that big of an effect. She recommended I only ate raw lettuce instead of spinach and skipped my one restricted item a day ( the best part of my day) anyone else have a similar experience?
NewMamma16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Did you happen to start exercising more? Also, look at the salt content of your diet. Perhaps one of those is the culprit. Also, Tom and constipation could be playing a part. Good luck! Dont dispare. It isn't a race. 😀. I don't IP, but I have been at this weight loss thing 8 months now and can link unwelcomed stalls and upticks to the above.

Also, sometimes my body just hangs onto water for a while. Like it is waiting to see if I am still serious about this weight loss thing before emptying water out of empty fat cells. Then, I will lose 3-4 pounds in a few days. Crazy...But as long as the trend is down, it's all good.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Newmamma- I have not had a similar experience, but there are a few things to consider.

1). As Nightowlrn mentioned, have you been having a higher amount of sodium? You may be retaining water.

2). Do you typically retain water & get bloated around you TOM? For me, it happens after, but if you usually do, it could be that.

3). The bathroom. Have you been going #2 at least once a day? If not, you would be surprised at how much that shows up on the scale. If you are not going, I would highly recommend "getting some help" on that front to get things moving. If you know what I mean...

4). Did you have a lot of products last week that were soy based? I know there was a week or 2 that I was addicted to the peanut butter "balls" (not even sure if they offer it anymore) but they were a soy based protein. Both weeks when I had them, I had very small losses. Turns out, I cannot tolerate soy and they were causing me to hold on to weight. Look at your product selection and maybe try avoiding the soy based items

5). Did you use a lot of Walden Farms products or Mio or anything like that? I cannot tolerate any of the fake products, they tend to make me stall. So, if you were using them for salad dressings or sauces or anything, try not using them for a week and see if you notice a difference. I know I did.

6). Just because a veggie is "approved" doesn't mean it is "approved" for your body. For instance, bell peppers are allowed on the program, but I cannot eat bell peppers because they give me the most horrible stomach aches. And broccoli, although allowed, makes me so bloated that it looks like I am 5 months pregnant. Although you may not have had a very noticeable reaction to the veggies you chose, it could be that you were choosing ones that don't necessarily agree with YOUR body. Try to pick some different veggies this week.

7). Finally, "bootcamp" (not having a restricted item) tends to help people through a plateau, I think you are too early in the process to employ this tactic. This is something that people do after they have been on the diet for a while and see losses slowing down. My personal opinion, I would try the other things first. I agree, the restricted item is the absolute best "meal" of the day. It's up to you, but I would hold off on this and see if you can't pinpoint what's really going on.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #4  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMamma16 View Post
So I just got back from my first weigh in and I'm feeling discouraged. I've been feeling good and enjoying the program, weighing all my food in it's raw state and haven't cheated at all. I'm down 1lb! When I got on the scale I was expecting to see at least 5lbd gone. I'm going to start my period in a few days, but even my coach didn't think it should that big of an effect. She recommended I only ate raw lettuce instead of spinach and skipped my one restricted item a day ( the best part of my day) anyone else have a similar experience?
Jennydoodle is right - all those things could be affecting your results on the scale.

Also -- I find that there are unrestricted combinations that are high in total carbs and altho they are some of my faves, when I have all in the same day, I can really slow my losses down.

If you use MyFitnessPal you can create a food diary for each day, very quickly because all the IP foods are in the MFP database -- you could see how much carb you are having.

for example - if you have IP oatmeal, IP chips (Garlic and Herb or Salt and Vinegar, maybe), and an IP Double Choc Brownie all in one day - you have had only one restricted but a high level of carb, compared to a day with a Vanila Drink Mix, a Chicken Soup, and a Choc Pudding....

We are all different, and maybe you are more insulin resistent and it will take more time for your body to adapt to burning its own stored fat.

Also -- a biggie here - did you get measurements at your 1 week weigh in? Any loss of inches?
I am losing in my mid section above where they measure Waist and below Bust.... I can feel it and I see it in my clothing - I am on day 11 btw. You may be losing inches.... which is something you care a lot about, I bet.
Often the numbers on the tape measure come down even tho the lbs lost seems very low.

Also - what time of day did you weigh in? Was it the same time a day as when you had your official start weight?

Please hang in and don't make this first weigh in a reason to drop off the plan. This program works and over the full time of your journey you will average 10 lbs a month. Hopefully more in the early months, but down 10 is down 10. I am very sure you can depend on this.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

for example - if you have IP oatmeal, IP chips (Garlic and Herb or Salt and Vinegar, maybe), and an IP Double Choc Brownie all in one day - you have had only one restricted but a high level of carb, compared to a day with a Vanila Drink Mix, a Chicken Soup, and a Choc Pudding....

Also -- a biggie here - did you get measurements at your 1 week weigh in? Any loss of inches?
I am losing in my mid section above where they measure Waist and below Bust.... I can feel it and I see it in my clothing - I am on day 11 btw. You may be losing inches.... which is something you care a lot about, I bet.
Often the numbers on the tape measure come down even tho the lbs lost seems very low.

Also - what time of day did you weigh in? Was it the same time a day as when you had your official start weight?
All very excellent points.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:29 AM   #6  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Did you weigh at the exact same time, under the exact same conditions. If you drank a coffee, you could literally weigh 2 pounds more (weigh the coffee...that is now on you).

Try this in morning...weigh yourself, drink a coffee, then weigh yourself.

Are you drinking 80 ounces of water a day?

I personally think lowering calories, slows weight loss.

How much do you have to lose, less to lose, lower losses
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #7  

Height: 5'10"

Default I feel your pain!

I'm in a similar boat. About to finish up week 3... I weighed in today and only lost 1.5 lbs. It's discouraging, but I'm not giving up!! WE CAN DO THIS!
RUNNINGQT is offline   Reply With Quote