Old 07-24-2017, 09:47 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Thanks Brigitte. There are always going to be bumps in the road, the good news is that you didn't let it completely derail you! Keep on chipping away at it. Is there a reason why you didn't want to tell your partner you were doing this diet? Is she not supportive? I have found it helps to have people in your corner supporting you. I'm not trying to get all up in your business, but my husband and I tend to reboot together (now that we are basically in maintenance) so that there isn't any temptation to go out to eat or have junk around.

I was able to finish out the weekend strong, without too much struggle. We went out to eat on Sat. night and although I was able to stay OP, there must have been so much sodium in that meal because I was so bloated Sat. night and all day Sun. feeling a little bit better today, hoping by tomorrow it will be all gone. Hope you all survived the weekend and cheers to another week!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:55 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Default welcome back LizRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I feel like an old timer coming back for a much needed reboot! I've had 2 babies since my original IP journey (when baby #1 was 3yo), soon after I hit goal I got pregnant surprisingly fast, and while I was still nursing baby #2 at 18mo I got pregnant with baby #3! Now baby #3 is 18mo, and I am starting to wean off breastfeeding and am chomping at the bit to jump on to Phase 1 and get back down to it!
I admit, when I'm pregnant &/or nursing I don't do anything with respect to food or calories. My plan is to get back to goal weight, move to Phase 3 and then jump back to my old exercise routine (running group & Insanity tapes at lunch).
I started a "Phase 2 light" plan the past few weeks (we had 2 weeks of out of town vacation and crazy work schedule/deadline), but hopefully when August comes I can go strict Phase 1 (once I completely wean off my sweet baby girl). This mornings weigh-in was 180.2lb, so I've got some work to do!
Hi Liz..so good to see you on the MB...and congradulations on your 3 children. That is wonderful news. I started in June 2012 and was very successful, getting lower than my GW...you were instrumental to my success with your wonderful veggie puree recipees and carb counting info. I have been taking care of my ex since ~March2013 and and in 2014 when his injuries bacame overwhelming and he was totally disabled, I packed on the pounds. Back on Ph1 since June 13 and down 24lb in 5 wk...not too shabby considering I am taking care of him and cover 5 overnights a week. Many times I am eating my dinner at 1 am.
Just curious, are you following the old Ph1 plan? couldn't believe the hi carb foods IP has added to the protocol. I'm being strict..no restricted foods yet. Things are starting to get a little boring so I might have to get more creative.
Again, welcome back. You will do an awesome job as before.
cscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:27 AM   #393  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
I am doing the alternatives and like it alot. This has been my final reboot to get at a goal. I set it for 150. But I am going to see what happens in the next couple months. I never phased off correctly and so I am determined to do so. What updates did they do to Ideal Protein, is there a "new" one?. What has changed? Keep Going!!!
They increased the Protein to 8oz uncooked = approx 6oz cooked. They added unlimited veggies like spinach and cukes. They lowered the salt to a total of 1/4 tsp a day which I was very happy to see. The new packets are higher in carbs...even when considering the Net Carbs. Many of the plain drink mixes are gone, as some of the pudding mixes.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:41 AM   #394  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
They increased the Protein to 8oz uncooked = approx 6oz cooked. They added unlimited veggies like spinach and cukes. They lowered the salt to a total of 1/4 tsp a day which I was very happy to see. The new packets are higher in carbs...even when considering the Net Carbs. Many of the plain drink mixes are gone, as some of the pudding mixes.
I will have to read my alternative packets more closely. I noticed that protidiet carries gluten free products food now. Which helps me. Thanks on the update! Have a wonderful rebooting day!
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Thanks Brigitte. There are always going to be bumps in the road, the good news is that you didn't let it completely derail you! Keep on chipping away at it. Is there a reason why you didn't want to tell your partner you were doing this diet? Is she not supportive? I have found it helps to have people in your corner supporting you. I'm not trying to get all up in your business, but my husband and I tend to reboot together (now that we are basically in maintenance) so that there isn't any temptation to go out to eat or have junk around.

I was able to finish out the weekend strong, without too much struggle. We went out to eat on Sat. night and although I was able to stay OP, there must have been so much sodium in that meal because I was so bloated Sat. night and all day Sun. feeling a little bit better today, hoping by tomorrow it will be all gone. Hope you all survived the weekend and cheers to another week!

Hey jenny...well I guess I didn't phrase things properly...when I said my partner I ment my working partner and not my 'husband'...lol...he knows too well I am doing this diet...my 'colleague' well that is another story...I do not want to have to explain my choices to people...she is thin as a rail...
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #396  
LynnieBee

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'7

Hi there,
I'm so glad to see there are a few "rebooters" out there! I'm hoping to join in soon. Need to get planning and order my meals! I want to do this right!
Lynnschub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:55 PM   #397  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Hey jenny...well I guess I didn't phrase things properly...when I said my partner I ment my working partner and not my 'husband'...lol...he knows too well I am doing this diet...my 'colleague' well that is another story...I do not want to have to explain my choices to people...she is thin as a rail...
Now that is just too darn funny!!!!

I totally get it with work people. Whenever I am on IP (original time and reboots) I always do my meat protein for lunch so that I never have to explain to work people that I am on IP. To them, it just looks like I am eating a big salad with grilled chicken. Makes life a lot easier. If anyone was truly interested in the diet or wanted to know what I was doing, I would talk to them, but otherwise, it is none of their business.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #398  

How is everyone's week going? I am still plugging along, although this will be my last week officially on P1. I am planning on transitioning off of packets and doing 1 more week of low carb, but with all real food. Then I will start to transition over to my regular maintenance plan. I have not done official IP packets since the very first time, in 2011. Ever since, I have done alternatives and I just tried to match as close as possible to what I liked on IP. It's interesting to hear that they have added more carbs to their "menu" and I noticed a lot of the foods have wheat or gluten in them. Personally, I feel what made this diet so successful for me the 1st time and the reboots after is the fact that I stay very low carb and I eliminate flour completely from my diet. That may just be my body, but I thrive when I do not put gluten into my body. I have to say that I believe that if I were to do the diet today without knowing that, I would not be nearly as successful.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:13 AM   #399  

Hi Jenny, congrats on your speedy end to PH1, and heading towards maintenace again. I hope this time, no huge crisis hits and I can phase off properly. Its great being in ketosis..so much more enegy and none of those flashes and profuse sweating. Must have been my blood sugar, and pancreas not being happy.
I've heard that the wt is coming off more slowly for those following the new plan. Of course, it's also dependent on the coaches interpretation of the new plan. I'm hearing overall, an average of 1-2lb/wk. I would not be happy with that as I help justify the cost of the IP diet by the rapid loss. That's why I'm still following the old plan.
Once I feel secure enough in my compliance, and lack of cheating, maybe I'll look into alternatives. Afraid it might slow me down right now.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:24 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 246.5/176.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
I've heard that the wt is coming off more slowly for those following the new plan. Of course, it's also dependent on the coaches interpretation of the new plan. I'm hearing overall, an average of 1-2lb/wk. I would not be happy with that as I help justify the cost of the IP diet by the rapid loss. That's why I'm still following the old plan.
Is there somewhere I can view the old protocol? What about it gave people faster results than the current one?
shandygaffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
How is everyone's week going? I am still plugging along, although this will be my last week officially on P1. I am planning on transitioning off of packets and doing 1 more week of low carb, but with all real food. Then I will start to transition over to my regular maintenance plan. I have not done official IP packets since the very first time, in 2011. Ever since, I have done alternatives and I just tried to match as close as possible to what I liked on IP. It's interesting to hear that they have added more carbs to their "menu" and I noticed a lot of the foods have wheat or gluten in them. Personally, I feel what made this diet so successful for me the 1st time and the reboots after is the fact that I stay very low carb and I eliminate flour completely from my diet. That may just be my body, but I thrive when I do not put gluten into my body. I have to say that I believe that if I were to do the diet today without knowing that, I would not be nearly as successful.
Just got back from another work trip with my 'colleague'...lol...did not let it get to me this time...I had prepared all my food again and survived our time together...

I have never followed the IP clinic...none were available in my area...now there are some consultants so I went in to buy some products (which I can do at this place)...I looked at the carbs and could not believe how high they were in many of the products...I did not purchase any...

Here in a small rural area in Canada I am not able to get some of the great products you get in the States...I love Quest chips but they are 4,25$ each (even on Amazon.ca), I buy Simply Protein products (crunch...8g of carbs...chips are now 9 or 10g since they changed (I wish they would stop IMPROVING things and adding carbs!!!), I also purchase stuff from the lowcarbgrocer...canadian funds, free shipping for 100$...and this is what I do...Protes chips and chocorite bars)...this is what I mostly use for my products. For my drink I use hydroxycut protein vanilla...2,50$ each.

Getting close to 175lbs...and jenny I am getting that 'hollow' feeling...belly going down some...

Let's keep going!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #402  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Hello Weekend!

Stay Strong!
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:37 AM   #403  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,

I am back.

I had rotator cuff surgery in April that was a pretty big surgery and was immobilized for 6 weeks so didn't do any typing and then had to get caught up with things with work and such and went on vacation, birthday, etc so I settled back in and started back on IP July 1. Today begins Week 5/Month 2 for me. I didn't weigh myself at the start (didn't want to depress myself right after deciding to do something positive for myself) so decided to weigh in at week 2 and then again today so today was first day I got to calculate pounds lost thus far. In last 2 weeks I have lost 10.1 pounds. I am tracking this to how I did IP first time and it is pretty close - 11 pounds vs 10.1.
I decided to do phase 1 the exact same way I did the first time. No recipes with the packets and salads for dinner with 8 oz ground turkey (99% fat free Jennie-O Extra Lean). To occasionally switch things up, I reduce dinner protein by 2 oz turkey and add a hard boiled egg to salad. I am only eating spinach, broccoli and kale as I only want green, leafy vegetables.
I'm going strong!

For those that are commenting about carbs IP added (I didn't know that was the case), let me tell you that you should not be concerned. There is no correlation between level of ketosis and fat loss. As long as you are in ketosis you are fine in regards of burning fat for energy. I can tell you that in a number of reboots I followed a keto diet where I get in very deep levels of ketosis (2.5-3.0) vs IP of .6-1.1 and I didn't lose any fat on keto to speak of with same number of calories as IP. So, do not fret - I did a lot of blood testing and did this for many weeks to ultimately conclude that the way IP balances this all out with this program is pretty nifty and I stopped thinking I know better and tweaking, etc. I should say that there is one thing I am doing different than first time which is I have added a restricted item in the last week and you see my results are same as when I first did this when I never consumed any restricted item. Maybe this is countered by fact I only consume green, leafy vegetables but know that deeper levels of ketosis do not translate into greater fat loss.

Good luck everyone!

I won't weigh again until 1 month from today as I like to see big losses. The first time I lost 12 pounds in Month 2 so Iam expecting to be in the ballpark of that this time. That would put me at my pre-surgery weight which I was very happy at. But, I decided to go for it and get back to same weight as originally which would be about 27 pounds more so I'm projecting doing phase 1 into early November.

One last thing - I started on a Saturday which I would never do as I had always started on a Monday but I find it really helps with the weekends as I feel great to say it is Saturday and I am starting Month 2 vs struggling to get through weekend to make it to Monday weigh-in and with weekly work schedule, come Monday, I'm already in day 3 and the week flies fast so this little trick is really working for me mentally. Hey, any edge we can get, right!?

Btw, frawnie, I so agree with you about Facebook and just feeling comfortable here!!!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:14 PM   #404  

Hi Rebooters! How is everyone managing the weekend? Things are going well for me. I weighed in this morning at 134.2, which is the lowest that I have been in a really long time. I think my weight was right around 134 when I decided to start phasing off my very first time on IP back in 2011. With that, I am officially transitioning off of my reboot. 3 solid weeks on P1 and I am down 6.2#. I do the plan like Ro- green veggies, no fiddling around with packets- just straight up and only occasional restricted items. This seems to be the formula that works best for my body and provides me maximum losses.

I feel so much better now, being back in my comfort zone and having a little wiggle room in my clothes. That is really what is most important to me. I am doing 1 more week of low carb to stay in ketosis, but am just going to transition to all meals with real protein. The only time I will take a shake will be post workout. After all these years, I get pretty burnt out on the packets fairly quick. Especially when I am rebooting. I did all my food prep- lots of chicken and veggies on the menu for next week.

Ro- glad to see you back and glad your shoulder is back in action. You'll crush this reboot! You always do and you know exactly what to do

Stay strong through the weekend everyone!
Old 07-30-2017, 12:57 AM   #405  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, Jenny!
Glad to hear your reboot is essentially over. Congrats on making it back to the weight you were at when you transitioned from IP the first time
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote