Old 01-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #61  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Hi jelliehel,

I should have mentioned that if you want it a bit fluffier, you could add 1/2 tsp baking powder, but as I wrote previously, I like to keep additives to a minimum. I have also heard that adding sparkling water vs tap water has the same effect which would be on protocol. I am not sure if you tinker much in the kitchen so I just wanted to give you all those ideas if you do.

Btw, I wanted something different today as I haven't used my Quest powder in a while and I wanted something more substantial than protein drinks so I made my Quest peanut butter powder into a cookie. I simply took 3/4 of a scoop to 2 oz of tab water with 1/2 tsp of baking powder and a little salt and baked at 350 for 12 minutes. This is a standard recipe for cookies I use.

My cake recipes are a bit different. This is the best packet hack I have had:
- 1 IP chocolate drink mix packet
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Swerve or other substitute for granulated sugar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 egg white
- depending upon batter consistency, may need a little water

Pour into a silicone mini loaf pan of spray non-stick spray in a mini spring load pan or something comparable and bake for 15 minutes. It is done when a toothpick comes out clean. This is fantastic! I make 6 at a time so I have them ready for either breakfast, lunch or my snack.

I have tried doing this with the Quest Chocolate Milkshake powder but it is just not the same as the IP one is a dark chocolate. I have made this with vanilla yet with blueberry extract but I plan to do so. I have made them as muffins with just the water, extract and baking powder and they were great - tasted like real blueberry muffins (and smelled like it too!). I bet the added ingredients will make it that much richer and satisfying. I have done this with banana as well. So, lots of ways to mix and match. Also, if you have the Quest multi-purpose, I made buns out of that using the same recipe.
Thanks Ro! I literally just made the quest powder pancake. It's fine with just the water. I definitely tinker in the kitchen and love to keep trying new things and finding new recipes. I've made the choclate cake you mention and it is really good. Thanks for the tips
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:54 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I do the Quest cookies all the time, especially with PB. I do the 2 oz. water and 1/2 t. baking powder. I do pancakes with the vanilla and add cinnamon to them with a little bit of sugar free syrup. Same recipe, just a little more water to get a more pancake like consistency. I am going to try the waffles, that sounds really good to toast them! And it seems like these would be good for "make ahead" meals. I do that with the cookies, but they never taste quite the same as when they come out of the oven.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:38 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Default ChocoRite

Hey ladies...has anybody tried the ChocoRite protein bars?

They are smaller bars...here are the stats from two different kinds.

32g bar, 100 calories, 3g fat, 14g carb, 11 g fibre, 10 g protein

34g bar, 100 calorie, 4.5 g fat, 16g carb, 12 g fibre, 9 g protein

I know they are a little low in protein but with an added egg white it could be the proper amount... I just dont know about the fat...it did not say how many calories from fat only grams and I don't know how to figure this out.

Thanks, Brigitte
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:18 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Brigitte (Loser13). Fat calories are 9 per gram so multiply 3x9 = 27 calories and the other bar is 4.5x9 = 41 calories (40.5) The second bar would not be allowed on P1-3 as it has over 40% of its calories from fat.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #65  

Thanks Liana...how did you figure that fat calories are 9 per gram? Is that always the same? Thanks, Brigitte
Old 01-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #66  

Hey Liana me again...so if I multiply amount of grams of fat by 9 and it is lower than 40 I am ok? Thanks again, B
Old 01-09-2017, 10:25 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post

There are numerous ones. Often, I just do 2 oz of water. Sometimes I do egg whites and others olive oil with egg white/water. I find using a waffle iron with 2 oz of water works best for me as I want to keep the packet additives to a minimum. Taking a tablespoon of WF peanut butter to same amount of WF syrup and microwaving it for 20 seconds makes a great topping for it.

Also, I mix the flavors up a lot - I will take the multi- purpose or vanilla powder and do same thing and top with WF blueberry syrup heated.
sorry for the late response! yes the above recipe sounds familiar. I have it written down somewhere. I believe there is 1/4 c egg whites, water and some baking powder. Its amazing
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I tried the waffles and I LOVE them! I did the same recipe as the cookies. They are very good for making a day ahead since you can toast them. I think I found a new favorite!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:48 PM   #69  
Back IP alt 100% (again)

S/C/G: 299/232/185

Height: 5'8

Well I hope the IP and IP alternative boards get back lively again. This has always been my favorite resource. Plus anything you put in a group on facebook shows on the timeline, and I don't really want people to see what I'm posting. Nosy folks that want to judge your weight loss lifestyle, etc. Looking for more recipes too! Restarting with IP alternatives today
SpittenImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:07 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Hey Liana me again...so if I multiply amount of grams of fat by 9 and it is lower than 40 I am ok? Thanks again, B
Carbs & protein are 4 cal/gram, alcohol is 7 cal/gram, fat is 9 cal/gram.
** Alcohol calories will ALWAYS be burned first - the liver will quit processing food, and process alcohol first to get it out of the body, as technically it's a poison. **

How to figure fat % out: CALORIES from FAT: 30% or less is “Ideal”! (Actually, 33% but then the math gets tricky!)
MOST LABELS show how many calories come from fat up near the calories. Use this number if
available.
A quick way to figure if 30% or less of the calories come from fat:
 Multiply the percent of calories from fat by 3.
 Compare the answer to the total calories: if it is equal to or less than the total calories,
the item is FINE. If it is more than total calories, the product cannot be used
EXAMPLE: Product has 160 calories and states 40 calories from fat on the label.
40 x 3 = 120. 120 is less than 160 so this product is FINE.
EXAMPLE: Product has 160 calories and states 60 calories from fat on the label.
60 x 3 = 180. 180 is more than 160 so this product cannot be used.
IF the label DOES NOT SHOW % calories from fat:
 FIRST multiply the grams of fat x 9
 THEN multiply that number x 3.
 Compare the final answer to the total calories: if it is equal to or less than the total
calories, the item is FINE. If it is more than total calories, the product cannot be used.

For carbs if you are doing alternatives: 3. TOTAL CALORIES:
o Up to 150 = Unrestricted
o 151 -200 = Restricted

o Over 200 = Not acceptable
4. NET CARBS: We are looking at NET CARBS* which are the total carbs minus fiber.
o 0- 8g NET carbs = Unrestricted
o 9g-16g NET carbs = Restricted

Liana
Old 01-10-2017, 12:45 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Carbs & protein are 4 cal/gram, alcohol is 7 cal/gram, fat is 9 cal/gram.
** Alcohol calories will ALWAYS be burned first - the liver will quit processing food, and process alcohol first to get it out of the body, as technically it's a poison. **

How to figure fat % out: CALORIES from FAT: 30% or less is “Ideal”! (Actually, 33% but then the math gets tricky!)
MOST LABELS show how many calories come from fat up near the calories. Use this number if
available.
A quick way to figure if 30% or less of the calories come from fat:
 Multiply the percent of calories from fat by 3.
 Compare the answer to the total calories: if it is equal to or less than the total calories,
the item is FINE. If it is more than total calories, the product cannot be used
EXAMPLE: Product has 160 calories and states 40 calories from fat on the label.
40 x 3 = 120. 120 is less than 160 so this product is FINE.
EXAMPLE: Product has 160 calories and states 60 calories from fat on the label.
60 x 3 = 180. 180 is more than 160 so this product cannot be used.
IF the label DOES NOT SHOW % calories from fat:
 FIRST multiply the grams of fat x 9
 THEN multiply that number x 3.
 Compare the final answer to the total calories: if it is equal to or less than the total
calories, the item is FINE. If it is more than total calories, the product cannot be used.

For carbs if you are doing alternatives: 3. TOTAL CALORIES:
o Up to 150 = Unrestricted
o 151 -200 = Restricted

o Over 200 = Not acceptable
4. NET CARBS: We are looking at NET CARBS* which are the total carbs minus fiber.
o 0- 8g NET carbs = Unrestricted
o 9g-16g NET carbs = Restricted

Liana
Thanks...I did not know how to calculate the calories from fat etc...this is very helpful.

Brigitte
Old 01-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #72  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Haven't been around for quite a while and restarting. I'm shocked that this forum is so dead now. It was a huge part in my journey last time. Where did everyone go?
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:10 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Haven't been around for quite a while and restarting. I'm shocked that this forum is so dead now. It was a huge part in my journey last time. Where did everyone go?
I'm new, but it is very quiet around here. There are a few of us who stop by every day or two, though.

Last edited by huskiesbabiesmama; 01-25-2017 at 12:21 AM.
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #74  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
There are several FaceBook groups for Ideal Protein now - a couple for P1. at least 1 for IP Alternatives (folks using other brand products to save money but following the protocol), and I heare there is one for IP Re-boot folks.
Also Janeva has a group page where she provides some free recipes and think there is a link there to buy her coobook.

Some of us feel like the conversations are easier to follow here, and of course there is a huge amount of info in a more searchable format here.

So I check out both regularly. People on FB post quite a few pictures - of before/after or before/in-progress or food items for advice - compliant or not, or meals they have prepared. But the person to person connections happen here on 3FC as they always have!

Don't be put off by the smaller group of posters here. Come on back regularly!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:22 AM   #75  

Bump.... and I agree with Cheryl (oneuh2)

Liana