Old 07-15-2017, 07:46 AM   #421  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipgirl2017 View Post
Hi all!
Im new here. Just joined IP less then a week ago. So far I love it and hope I am doing it right. I Am meeting with my coach in a couple of days.
Are you supposed to have 1 restricted food a day?? Or only if you want to? Will you see better results if you do 3 non restricted items?
And I am meeting sweet chili dorados for lunch? That is allowed??
Just want to make sure im doing it right. I love salty and this seems like the perfect diet for me with the dorados and BBQ crisps and salt and vinegar Chips.
All those things can axtuallt be eaten for lunch right?
Hope I am not doing it wrong!
Protocol is 1 restricted/2 unrestricted a day. Many go with just unrestricted and claim to see better results. Drinks, juices and soups are the lower carb packets. You can eat whichever packet you like at any meal/snack. Keep in mind that different coaches may give different advice. Always talk to your coach if you get conflicting info!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #422  

I've tried IP a couple times for just a few weeks each and lost - but wasn't sticking to the program 100% and just quit. And then I gained, and gained and find myself at the highest weight I've ever been. So THIS time I'm coming in fiercely motivated and ready to go - I just finished week 1, kept completely OP, and lost 4 pounds. I have 26 more to go - I'm really hoping I can get there by mid-October. I have a few smaller goals (wedding to attend in mid-August, big event mid-September, then a big work conference in October). I'm a little worried about losing the motivation I have right now, but here's hoping that between the message boards, weekly progress, and eventually getting back into clothes that don't fit, I can do it! Really appreciating everyone's posts here!
AustinTXGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:39 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 246.5/176.4/125

Height: 5'4"

I just had my third weigh in and I've lost 12 pounds so far! and my mom who is doing the program with me has lost 10. We're going on a cruise in November, and I'd really love to be in the healthy BMI range by then (146 pounds).
shandygaffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:02 AM   #424  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandygaffs View Post
I just had my third weigh in and I've lost 12 pounds so far! and my mom who is doing the program with me has lost 10. We're going on a cruise in November, and I'd really love to be in the healthy BMI range by then (146 pounds).
Congrats! Stay strong and you'll see the numbers you want!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:31 PM   #425  

Height: 5'5"

I am definitely NOT going to get the vanilla square treats next time...I can not keep out of them, they are too good!
toothgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Bravo! You will look great on that cruise...keep going!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:10 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 285/274/160

Hey guys! I'm new to IP, just had my second weigh in today actually. And wanted to get a general idea for how normal what happened may be. I have a lot to lose (around 120 lbs ideally), and I had a great first week. 9.6 lbs down about 3.75 inches down. But today in my second WI, I'm down less than a lb (.8 lbs to be precise) and right at 2 inches. From what I've read in the forums (which have been AWESOME during the last few weeks), a plateau is normal around week 4 but not quite this early. It's not near my TOM, I'm drinking plenty of water (nearly 100 oz a day) and I'm following protocol almost exactly (and I say almost to say that I don't eat a lot of "free" veggies during the day since eating plain lettuce or cucumber isn't something I have a taste for right now). It's REALLY discouraging to restrict this much and see such a small number in WI number two...

Anyone else experience this or have any tricks for what I may be doing wrong? My coach wasn't super helpful - just telling me to eat more lettuce and to stop walking my dog (a 8-month-old lab that won't be denied her walks). While I can force myself to do the lettuce part, I have a really hard time thinking that 20-30 minute leisurely walks (I mean, really, really slow walks) impacted me that much. And to be honest, even if they did - I can't NOT walk a puppy.

Help?
leslied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #428  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslied View Post
I have a really hard time thinking that 20-30 minute leisurely walks (I mean, really, really slow walks) impacted me that much. And to be honest, even if they did - I can't NOT walk a puppy.
I'm pretty new myself (just had my fourth weigh in) so I'm definitely not an expert, but I don't think the walks are the issue. Weight loss isn't linear, and some weeks you can do everything right but not see the results you expect. There are a couple things you can look out for though!

1. Consuming things like red meat or lots of sodium before a weigh in can make you hold onto water weight that will mask your progress. My coach recommends no red meat three days before weigh in because it takes a long time and requires a lot of water to digest.

2. Look out for hidden carbs. Products like Walden Farms that have "zero carbs" may actually have fractional amounts that can add up if you use them a lot. Try to stick to one serving a day. Also be careful of gum and other things like that.

3. Some people just have a lower threshold for ketosis than others. You can buy test strips online that will tell you if your body is producing ketones, or you can stick to the lower carb/unrestricted packets and see if that improves your progress.

4. Make sure you're being accurate with measuring your vegetables and meat, and especially with your daily oil.

Stick with it! This is just a temporary plateau, and if you stay consistent you will see results!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:27 PM   #429  

Quote:
1. Consuming things like red meat or lots of sodium before a weigh in can make you hold onto water weight that will mask your progress. My coach recommends no red meat three days before weigh in because it takes a long time and requires a lot of water to digest.
Thanks so much! This part especially is super helpful. I definitely had a bison burger patty for my dinner last night and some flank steak on Sunday, so that could very well be part of the issue.

I use the ketone strips and have been in ketosis, don't use any of the WF stuff or the restricted packets, and religiously measure out every morsel of food (I'm a bit OCD when it comes to trying to follow something like this), which is why it was just so strange. I'll definitely keep this in mind!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:45 PM   #430  

It sounds like you're doing a great job following the protocol so far! It may have just been an off day as well. Stress, lack of sleep, hormones, and just the fact that human bodies aren't perfect machines can all affect your weigh in, don't let it discourage you!
Old 08-01-2017, 07:05 PM   #431  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

leslied I would not worry about it. You can trust the protocol. Do not translate result into you are doing something wrong. Heck, the scale could have been mis-calibrated. If you tend to obsesses I would say to try and counter that with weighing monthly - that's what I did to 1) counteract my obsessive traits 2) answer to always like seeing big losses and 3) to keep me marching towards goal without any risk of deviating by getting complacent with results.

Wishing you Continued progress!!!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:32 AM   #432  

Good morning everyone! I'm an Ideal Protein newbie. One week in as of yesterday.

I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I'm not a veggie gal so I am having a hard time with it. I did realize this morning that I could sneak a cup of spinach into my drink and it was quite good. One cup down and 3 to go! I did slip up and have squash twice. I failed to check my sheet. So... any help to add veggies in Phase 1 is appreciated.

The Love part is how easy it is. I like being able to grab a food packet, add some veggies and be done. Dinner can be prepared for both my husband and myself although I do add a starch for him.
anewme2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #433  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewme2017 View Post
Good morning everyone! I'm an Ideal Protein newbie. One week in as of yesterday.

I'm not a veggie gal so I am having a hard time with it. I did realize this morning that I could sneak a cup of spinach into my drink and it was quite good. One cup down and 3 to go! I did slip up and have squash twice. I failed to check my sheet. So... any help to add veggies in Phase 1 is appreciated.

The Love part is how easy it is. I like being able to grab a food packet, add some veggies and be done. Dinner can be prepared for both my husband and myself although I do add a starch for him.
Here's my advice regarding vegetables:
First, I used to never like vegetables and now I enjoy them. I never thought that would be the case.
My favorite is steamed broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper.
I cut this up and add to the chicken soup or I eat it as is.

Riced Cauliflower is great because it is so versatile becasuse it takes on the flavors of what you cook with it.
Costco and Super Target it sell it already riced. Or, you can buy the florets and rice them in blender or food processor.
No matter what recipe you use it for, it always starts with microwaving for 5 minutes, no liquid no cover.
You can add this to your chicken soup.
You could make chicken fried rice with it.
You can make wraps with it.
You can make it like a bed of rice with any meat that has gravy. For example, you can make a pork tenderloin in crockpot with IP or WF maple syrup and other spices and it makes a phenomenonal sauce for cauli rice.

You can use vegetables as dessert - yes, really.
Rhubarb and zucchini are great for that.
You can make rhubarb with lemon juice, sweetener, WF strawberry syrup and cook in crockpot or over stove - tastes like inside of a pie!
Btw, I buy my rhubarb frozen online by Northwest Foods.

Zucchini- I make baked "apples".
I peal the zucchini using a potato or vegetable peeler.
Then I slice lengthwise in half.
I spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and then placed the zucchini in dish.
Add lemon juice, sugar free caramel syrup (I use Torani's), WF apple butter and apple pie spice and cinnamon and back for 45 minutes at 350-400 degrees.
This is awesome.

The purpose for the fresh squeezed lemon juice in each of these is that it helps create a syrup.

Also,on a related note, if you don't have it, I highly recommend Janeva's cookbook. Lots of great recipes for IP - with packets and without. You can buy it online.
All these things I mentioned are in there.

Lastly, my simple go to is chicken or turkey over a bed of baby spinach as my salad for dinner. I used WF thousand island as my dressing.

Last edited by Ro22; 08-05-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #434  

Thanks so much Ro22~
anewme2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #435  

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewme2017 View Post

I have that same issue. I'm only about two and a half weeks in, but here are a few of my tricks:
*Spinach is easy to hide in some of the IP packets. I tend to sautée 1 cup of spinach and include it with my bacon & cheddar omelet in the morning. I'm even considering adding sautéed kale to my burger meat so it's grilled into the hamburgers.

*I've started experimenting with purées to make sauces. In fact, tonight I had zoodles with grilled chicken and a simple cauliflower purée that served as a sauce. With the right seasoning, it's pretty tasty.

*Ro22 is TOTALLY right about riced cauliflower. I'm mostly using it in Asian stir frys right now - with the soy sauce you don't taste cauliflower. Next up on my list is to make it in a TexMex mix. They actually make a riced broccoli. I've only tried it once, and while it's not the super mild flavor of cauliflower (you can still taste broccoli), it's been a good way to sneak broccoli into stir frys im doing.

Good luck! I really do think you'll start to find ways to prepare some veggies that make them something you actually look forward to