Old 04-19-2017, 11:42 PM   #361  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
Will go and check out that thread Oneuh

LucyLoo, glad the day went well & good on you for being prepared!

I swear it seems I only post my whinges here and I am actually really happy in real life and with IP but here goes.... toddler woke at 1am this morning so having only been asleep maybe an hour I begrudgingly trudge into his room, carry him downstairs and as I'm walking he began vomiting. Urgghhh!! All over me, him and thankfully the tiles. I'm standing there totally bewildered as he'd been totally fine all day, had to strip him off and me too so I didn't bring any grossness upstairs and woke the husband up who went and cleaned it up and put a load of washing on while I jumped in the shower with toddler.
I sat up with him until 4.45am when he was finally in a deep sleep and hadn't vomited for more than an hour (he only vomited twice, so weird) so i risked a cot transfer and went to bed myself. Biggest son has soccer clinic so I had to be out of the house by 8am all on less than 3.5hrs total sleep. Feel like garbage husband rang at lunchtime to see how everyone was and I snapped 'tired but fine' and basically hung up on him urghhh! Such a crappy crappy exhausting day. Toddler has been his normal self. Husband doesn't get home until after 6pm and it cannot come quick enough because I am going to bed.

I'm fighting the 'I need to eat junk' demons really badly and reminding myself what I need is sleep!

I'll have to really try and find some positive updates to share. Sorry

Sorry your lo got sick! That's miserable. I was actually thinking earlier today that my toddler hasn't thrown up yet (spit up yes, but not actual vomiting). Really hoping I didn't jinx myself. At least your poor baby's illness was short lived. Hope it gets better!
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:11 AM   #362  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Huskiesbabiesmama, thank you he is back to his normal self today fingers crossed you haven't jinxed yourself haha! This is little boys second episode of vomiting in a month, he has just started going to childcare on a Tuesday morning and he's copping all the bugs poor little man. so hard seeing them so miserable.

Today I went to the shops which was dangerous as I was really *really* craving chocolate. I had convinced myself I had earnt a break from the program and was 100% going to buy my chocolate and eat it all by myself while I was out.

This was my plan that kept me going all day (raining, school holidays, toddler -the usual challenges- but I am incredibly sleep deprived). Got to the shops, was browsing the chocolates for the perfect treat when I thought to myself 'what the heck am I doing?! I am tired, exhausted even but SO close to where I want to be I'd be a fool to throw myself under the bus right now' so I walked away! Total NSV

I went to browse some more shops (I really should have been grabbing the milk we actually needed haha!) and ended up buying myself two new jumpers the chocolate would have cost way less though

8pm and I am about to head to bed. Hope everyone else is ticking along and doing well
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:47 PM   #363  

Quote:
Huskiesbabiesmama, thank you he is back to his normal self today fingers crossed you haven't jinxed yourself haha! This is little boys second episode of vomiting in a month, he has just started going to childcare on a Tuesday morning and he's copping all the bugs poor little man. so hard seeing them so miserable.

Today I went to the shops which was dangerous as I was really *really* craving chocolate. I had convinced myself I had earnt a break from the program and was 100% going to buy my chocolate and eat it all by myself while I was out.

This was my plan that kept me going all day (raining, school holidays, toddler -the usual challenges- but I am incredibly sleep deprived). Got to the shops, was browsing the chocolates for the perfect treat when I thought to myself 'what the heck am I doing?! I am tired, exhausted even but SO close to where I want to be I'd be a fool to throw myself under the bus right now' so I walked away! Total NSV

I went to browse some more shops (I really should have been grabbing the milk we actually needed haha!) and ended up buying myself two new jumpers the chocolate would have cost way less though

8pm and I am about to head to bed. Hope everyone else is ticking along and doing well
AWESOME nsv!!

I had a stress - eating fail yesterday, but I didn't go terribly over board. Total net carbs came to 51.6 for the day. I was over my goal of 25 to 40. Could have been so much worse, though. I definitely need to work on how I turn to good for comfort.

Today has been a very busy day. We found out on Wednesday that my husband's company is probably going to transfer him to State in the Deep South. We were originally planning on spending another year in the Middle East so my girls and I were to go there to be with him. Our friend was going to stay in our hose in a caretaker capacity and it would be waiting for us upon our return to the states. This Deep South contract will mean selling the house so I have spent the whole day purging 3 built-in storage cupboards. I've packed 6 boxes (4 of them books) and come up with 5 garbage bags of donations and 2 of trash. I'm exhausted and thinking I should have an extra packet due to all the activity.

I have until May 15th to get the house in order to sell so I'm going to try to do a room/storage area a day for the next couple weeks. There is SO MUCH STUFF that needs to be gone through. Not excited about having to do it all on my own, that's for sure. On the other hand, I'll be to busy to boredom eat.

Last edited by huskiesbabiesmama; 04-21-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:08 AM   #364  

Huskiesbabiesmama, do you track all your food daily? I guess the upside is def that you will be too busy to boredom eat lol good luck getting sorted.

Today is the three year anniversary of the loss of my grandmother who was basically a mother to me. This has been eating at me all week and I realise now it's been this emotional day hanging over my head that has had me wanting to stray and eat my emotions. My husband left me to sleep in until 9am today (I was up with the toddler from 11.30-1.30am), took all the kids downstairs and tried to keep them quiet as he knew I was dreading today. I was awake but didn't get out of bed, just sat with my thoughts and cried. It felt truly self indulgent to not be up with the family but to be totally honest I had no desire to put on a face and pretend to be happy.

At 9 I decided I'd wallowed enough and the last thing she would want on this beautiful Autumn day was me to be sad so I had a shower and said to my husband we should go for a picnic lunch and bushwalk. I have the fondest memories of picnics and walks with her so thought it might be a good distraction.

i just feel so flat today and so very emotional. I cannot wait for the day to be done so I can start afresh tomorrow with a not so heavy heart. Everyday is a hard day but I find I can talk about her easily with the kids and she is still a joyous part of our lives but today the tears are just falling. She was my best friend and in my life everyday for 35 years to then suddenly gone.

It does make me wonder how do people who are emotional eaters cope with life's happenings moving forward? Can you just become not an emotional eater?

And because I am going to end on a positive note, bushwalking with toddler on my back in the carrier was a complete breeze. Last time we walked this particular track I was suffering and totally exhausted! It's amazing how agile my body feels without the extra weight
Old 04-23-2017, 06:38 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Huskiesbabiesmama, do you track all your food daily? I guess the upside is def that you will be too busy to boredom eat lol good luck getting sorted.

Today is the three year anniversary of the loss of my grandmother who was basically a mother to me. This has been eating at me all week and I realise now it's been this emotional day hanging over my head that has had me wanting to stray and eat my emotions. My husband left me to sleep in until 9am today (I was up with the toddler from 11.30-1.30am), took all the kids downstairs and tried to keep them quiet as he knew I was dreading today. I was awake but didn't get out of bed, just sat with my thoughts and cried. It felt truly self indulgent to not be up with the family but to be totally honest I had no desire to put on a face and pretend to be happy.

At 9 I decided I'd wallowed enough and the last thing she would want on this beautiful Autumn day was me to be sad so I had a shower and said to my husband we should go for a picnic lunch and bushwalk. I have the fondest memories of picnics and walks with her so thought it might be a good distraction.

i just feel so flat today and so very emotional. I cannot wait for the day to be done so I can start afresh tomorrow with a not so heavy heart. Everyday is a hard day but I find I can talk about her easily with the kids and she is still a joyous part of our lives but today the tears are just falling. She was my best friend and in my life everyday for 35 years to then suddenly gone.

It does make me wonder how do people who are emotional eaters cope with life's happenings moving forward? Can you just become not an emotional eater?

And because I am going to end on a positive note, bushwalking with toddler on my back in the carrier was a complete breeze. Last time we walked this particular track I was suffering and totally exhausted! It's amazing how agile my body feels without the extra weight
fit: Thinking about you today. I am the same way when it comes to my grandpa. He was my best friend and the anniversary of his passing is extremely difficult every year.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #366  

Quote:

I'm sorry for your loss.

I have no idea how to stop the emotional eating cycle. I think you did great, finding a positive and healthy distraction and using that (the bushwalk) as coping mechanism instead of turning to food. That is what I need to do. Learn to trade stress - eating with a health coping mechanism.

Yes, I track everything I eat in the my fitness pal app. It doesn't track net carbs, only total carbs and fiber, so I have to do that math myself, but it is great.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:52 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 143/138/120

Default Starting IP today!

Hey Everyone!

I'm starting Phase 1 today! Wish me luck!
My goal is to lose 20lbs. I was on IP 5 years ago and now back again on it after having a baby.
jana7212011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:42 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 188/180/150

Height: 5'7"

Jana: Congrats on your baby, and good luck with phase 1! FnH: I'm so sorry for your loss. What a trooper your husband is for doing everything he could to make your day easier. When I want to eat my feelings, I try to think of food like I would cigarettes. I used to turn to them when things got tough, and thank God that's over, but food can be an equally dangerous habit. I would never start smoking again, and I don't want to ever overeat again either, so that comparison helps me.
LucyLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:57 AM   #369  

Thank you for the support, means a lot

Idealproteinnewbie, Its such a raw feeling, I'm sorry you feel the same

Huskiesbabiesmama, you're good tracking everyday �������� I have thought about it just for curiosity sake but haven't downloaded an app or anything yet, would be interesting to see exactly what we do consume on this plan.

Jana, congratulations on the baby & starting IP! Your journey will be a short one ��������

LucyLoo, great analogy! I have never been a smoker but I tend to view food as not 'that' damaging which is so silly as look what it's done to me!

Sad to say I am off plan not in the way you're probably thinking though! I got my sons gastro! Yuck!! Vomiting bug hit hard and I have eaten only one restricted caramel bar and kept it down. Could not swallow my supplements as my throat feels red raw. My four year old also joined me and threw up at breakfast time. Double yuck! My husband was home today as it's a public holiday due to ANZAC day so he has been dad & mum and everything in between all day while I have been upstairs in bed (where I still am at 6pm). I had some hydralyte this morning as well. So I am thinking tomorrow is day one again for me. Big two kids go back to school tomorrow after the holidays as well.

Hope everyone else is fit and well!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:58 AM   #370  

The question marks were actually thumbs up emoji. No idea why they are question marks!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 230/212/170

Height: 5'4

on day 4 of IP and I can't believe how great I feel. I had a mild headache on day 2 but THAT'S IT! I was honestly expecting the worst and can't believe how great I feel. Tons of energy and I don't feel hungry. Where has this been all my life?

Am I in a honeymoon stage or will this feeling last? :-)
breesbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #372  

Breesbliss, sounds like you're doing brilliantly! I've never experienced that, always feel tired and lack energy but I've read some people feel awesome like you do while on plan
Old 04-26-2017, 08:44 AM   #373  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLoo View Post
Jana: Congrats on your baby, and good luck with phase 1! FnH: I'm so sorry for your loss. What a trooper your husband is for doing everything he could to make your day easier. When I want to eat my feelings, I try to think of food like I would cigarettes. I used to turn to them when things got tough, and thank God that's over, but food can be an equally dangerous habit. I would never start smoking again, and I don't want to ever overeat again either, so that comparison helps me.
Thanks LucyLoo! This is now my third day and I'm actually feeling good.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:48 AM   #374  

Quote:
Originally Posted by breesbliss View Post
on day 4 of IP and I can't believe how great I feel. I had a mild headache on day 2 but THAT'S IT! I was honestly expecting the worst and can't believe how great I feel. Tons of energy and I don't feel hungry. Where has this been all my life?

Am I in a honeymoon stage or will this feeling last? :-)
Hey breesbliss! This is my third day and I feel great too! I did have a headache yesterday like you. :S This is actually my second journey with IP. Doing it after 4 years and a baby. The first time around I lost 20lbs. I feel the hardest part for me now is watching your toddler have ice cream

But I'm going to stay motivated!!

Last edited by jana7212011; 04-26-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:25 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 230/212/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana7212011 View Post
Hey breesbliss! This is my third day and I feel great too! I did have a headache yesterday like you. :S This is actually my second journey with IP. Doing it after 4 years and a baby. The first time around I lost 20lbs. I feel the hardest part for me now is watching your toddler have ice cream

But I'm going to stay motivated!!
My daughter and I used to go to the mall every week to have frozen yogurt. I need to think of a new tradition. I miss the frozen yogurt!
But I'm still feeling great! (dancing carrot even though we can't have carrots.. lol)
breesbliss is offline   Reply With Quote