Old 03-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #316  

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Are you taking measurements, or just using your scale. Some weeks I found my weight would not drop but the measurements would change.

My favorite, telltale sign that im dropping weight is the fat behind my knees shrinks away!
My coach does measurements once a month. We're actually passed due for taking this month's measurement, so I'm going to ask her to do it on Monday.

Last edited by huskiesbabiesmama; 03-24-2017 at 04:51 PM.
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:09 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskiesbabiesmama View Post
My coach does measurements once a month. We're actually passed due for taking this month's measurement, so I'm going to ask her to do it on Monday.
Good luck for Monday!
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #318  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

1st weigh in since my restart, down 5.8lbs. Not the best "1st" weigh in I've had (the worst actually), but you have to start somewhere, right?!? I did really well with the program, I think the slow start has to do with the fact that I walk our dogs with my husband every morning. Probably too much cardio for this program, but can't do much about that, needs to be done! Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!

When I was on here last time (2013) we used to do these weight loss challenges, does anyone remember those? Does anyone still do them on here? They were a great incentive
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #319  

That's a good loss Bella! Well done! Have you tried adding an extra packet to allow for your cardio?

Happy days here, down to the final 10kg just hope it's a quick run through not a slow walk haha!! Very excited to see a '60' on the scales this morning, 69.7 but I'll take it!

Hope everyone is well
Old 03-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #320  
Restart 4/1/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
That's a good loss Bella! Well done! Have you tried adding an extra packet to allow for your cardio?

Happy days here, down to the final 10kg just hope it's a quick run through not a slow walk haha!! Very excited to see a '60' on the scales this morning, 69.7 but I'll take it!

Hope everyone is well
It's funny because it's such a moderate pace I never really thought of it as cardio, but with the low calorie intake, it probably would make sense to add a packet, I'll give it a shot this week and see how if it helps! I completely forgot about that, so thanks!

Congrats on being close to the finish line, that's awesome!
Old 03-28-2017, 09:11 PM   #321  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Congrats FitnHappy! You have been rolling right along on your journey!

Welcome back Bella! I recall seeing your name on posts when I did IP the first time in 2014. The challenges were good - we don't have anyone running those these days - so much of the 3FC traffic has diverted to Facebook group pages - there are several regarding Ideal Protein. It is harder to have a focused conversation there, I think, but I lurk over there and try to check in here regularly too.

if you want some challenge - check out DietBet.com --- you can sign in for one month at a time and you can earn money. I did a 6 month Transformation DietBet in the last half of my IP journey and came away $251 richer. That was net after accounting for my entry fee. The 30 day challenges run about $30 - $35 as I recall. Check it out!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:04 AM   #322  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

So I was 99% on plan for the entire first 2 months. Then yesterday it all went out the window and I ate ALL THE THINGS. How do I know if I'm out of ketosis? I don't feel any different.
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:09 AM   #323  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdytx View Post
So I was 99% on plan for the entire first 2 months. Then yesterday it all went out the window and I ate ALL THE THINGS. How do I know if I'm out of ketosis? I don't feel any different.
Don't even bother wondering about it since the next step is the same no matter whether you are still in ketosis or not. This is just a bump in the road, continue on with the plan and you will be fine. Try to pinpoint WHY you tripped and maybe think of some alternative to food you could use when you are in that situation.
Carry on!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:18 AM   #324  

Howdytx, I am at about the same stage as you and I can totally relate, I am wanting to eat all of the things everyday lately. Keep your water up and get back on the horse and you'll be fine I'm sure.

I had such a good loss last week that so far this week I've lost nothing. Trying not to be too bummed and just remember it all gets there in the end as long as I keep putting the work in. Frustrating though!

My toddler is waking about three times a night at the moment and it's hit me HARD. I need my solid sleeper back. So so so tired and no hope of catching up sleep so just hoping he gets back on track soon. I'm sure being so tired and foggy isn't helping my journey either this week.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:48 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Hello everyone. I have been reading the boards and am planning on jumping back on the IP wagon tomorrow. I tried this diet years ago and had some luck but it was difficult. A friend of mine has had great results following this plan so I'm going to give it another go. It's been so long since I've attempted a plan like this that it feels like a proper fresh start. Here it goes!!!! Good luck everyone!
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:25 AM   #326  
Restart 4/1/19

I've had a hugely stressful week! The kind of week that normally sends me straight to the cookie jar... (several ortho visists for my son because his new brace appliance kept coming off. Car accident for myself & a more serious one for my Aunt, basketball games for my DS, a troubled DD and my oldest DS ran out of money at college. I'm certain there is more, but I can't think of it all right now!) I can't even count how many times I found myself standing in my kitchen with the pantry door open. Probably didn't help that there was so much going on that it was impossible to get all my food in. So, I wasn't completely on program, but the two cheats I had, were not what I would consider awful. Two times I had 1 square of Lindt 85% dark chocolate. (58 Calories, 4.5 gr Fat, 2.25 carbs, protein 1.25) So, although I didn't keep 100%, I am still proud of myself for 1) not giving up completely and just ditching the program, as I wanted to so many times this week. 2) I feel like I really considered what the "best" cheat would be. I know that cheese and PB are triggers for me, if I chose those, I would have continued cheating and ended up off program.

Afterall, losing weight on this program will be for nothing if I can't change two major things, 1) how I use food to respond to stress, and 2) the food choices that I make. So with all that said, I'm really happy that I was still able to lose 2lbs this week (even though it is my 2nd week and it probably should have been higher) I have not had a cheat in about 4 days, and I was happy to see this morning that I have unofficially gone into Onederland!! So, there's the payoff for not giving up! I hope everyone is having an amazing day, looks like spring weather is finally here.

Howdytx, hang in there, take is moment by moment. I remember that feeling from the first time I did IP, I know how tough it is, but you've made it this far, you can do it!

Fitnhappy, I hope you are getting some sleep! I don't know about you, but I struggle so much with willpower when I am tired.

Twotots, welcome back!
Old 04-03-2017, 03:51 PM   #327  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Thx all! The scale definitely showed the gluttony. Only lost 1.2 pounds this week. Which is crazy because any other diet I've been on I'd LOVE a 1.2 pound loss in a week. Officially hit 30 pounds down so that was nice. Hoping to break into the 170s next week (if I kick a**) or the week after (a more reasonable goal).

Bella--hope your crazy week is calming down or at least you can resolve some of the problems ASAP!

fitnhappy--thanks! Water definitely helps. And reminding myself to wait 15-20 min and see if I was actually hungry or just wanted water. Good luck with the toddler! You're making great strides and every bit counts

Last edited by howdytx; 04-03-2017 at 03:51 PM.
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:48 PM   #328  

S/C/G: 155/137/130

Height: 5'6"

Default New to the forum

Hi,
I'm looking forward to this forum and all it offers!!!I'm starting my 3rd week on IP. I've lost 10 pounds so far, with 10 to go
Pamalama66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:02 PM   #329  

Hi everyone!!
Just jumped on quickly after lunch, toddler is waking so I better go & get him up. Still no sleep, this 'stage' or whatever it is (habit!!) is sure taking its toll :wacko: willpower being severely tested due to the tiredness I'm sure arghhh!
Old 04-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

It's great reading everyone's posts. I'm looking forward to posting about my own losses!!!! Day 1 nearly done and I didn't plan properly. Chocolate protein shake with spinach for breakfast. Lunch was 100g of turkey slices with 2 eggs ( I forgot my salad) Dinner was courgettini, mushrooms, garlic and 50g mince in bolognaise sauce. I am keeping my restricted for later in the evening when my eating habits are at their worst. I'm missing a third package. Would the two eggs at lunchtime balance that out? I need to plan a bit better for tomorrow. Still trying to get my head around the Protocol. Have s great day everyone.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote