Old 02-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #226  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
That's fantastic howdytx! Well done!!

Oneuh2 and determined dieter, great losses for you both too! Hope you're over the illness DD.

I didn't make the cookies oneuh2, can't remember why exactly. Our household has been full of sick kids so I've been in survival mode a bit. Husband got home last night so that was a relief.

I try to be really positive about it all but sometimes this process seems to be taking too long -which is a ridiculous notion I know- but I keep thinking that by now I should be needing smaller clothes but I don't. My clothes fit a lot better for sure but there is no epic bagging up and donating like I imagined there would be at this point. I understand the whole 'paper towel' thing and all that but well...it's just bummed me out a bit. My coach has my goal at 75kg because I said I felt great at 75 when I lost all my weight in 2014 but this time at 75 I feel blah. Such a silly thing!

Hope everyone else is doing well and feeling great love coming on here and reading other people's experiences
Oh I hate to hear you are feeling dissatisfied with the speed of things - please know that you could have spent the recent weeks gaining more weight, or at best staying exactly where you were when you started. You must have been tired of feeling like you did then, and it is likely that your clothes were kind of snug when you started... or you were wearing those that were the least binding and close fitting. Now clothing is fitting better and hanging differently. You may not be casting stuff to the consignment shop or charity bin just yet, but there are some changes taking place.

Also, a few years can make a big difference in body shape, and you may have a different level of body tone today than you did at 75 in the past.... this will make your body and how you feel in clothes produce a different sensibility.

Do your best to be patient and let the process work -- it really will work if you hang in there with it. And you are doing well so far. Don't throw it away. Don't give up.

I found this fortune in a cookie at my last chinese meal before I began Ideal Protein this time... see if you can zoom it so you can read it!

image1.jpg
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Great loss Oneuh2!

Thanks fitnhappy, thankfully I'm feeling mostly back to normal. I hope things clear up quickly in your house and things settle down. I'm sorry you are feeling the dieting blues. It certainly seems to take way longer to lose it than gain it!

Like Oneuh2 said, our body changes over time, and there is the difference of lean and fat mass. Does your clinic test body fat and such? I know they are not 100% accurate, but instead of focusing on the weight on the scale, maybe you should set a body fat % goal? I also wouldn't worry too much about the size label on your clothes, depending on the material, I can wear shirts ranging from m-xl, and no the medium doesn't make me look like an overstuffed sausage! lol And if you aren't swimming in your clothes yet that will save on the amount you have to spend on transition clothing! Meaning more to spend once you hit goal.

I recently complained about the vanilla RTD since they reformulate, but am happy that I like the chocolate one. I don't find it as sweet and the vanilla. I find the vanilla one tastes like the milk left over in your bowl after sugary cereal.

I hope everyone has a great day, without too much struggle or dissatisfaction with their journey.
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:56 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Thanks so much for kind and positive words Oneuh2 and DD, very much appreciated

I think a big part of my problem is I am just plain old burnt out on 'mum' life right now. My baby/toddler is a HARD kid, he isn't happy a lot of the time and I find it draining carrying him around constantly and trying to occupy him. When I lost 35+kg before my third child was about this same age but he was like my little right hand, he'd sit in the pram each morning while I walked and we got fresh air, he'd sit up at the kitchen bench while I prepped and cooked, he'd play by himself, slept through reliably each night, took a two hour day nap and this boy is just different! The only way forward is just to keep on keeping on, I know the quickest way to get where I want to be is to be 100% and intend to stay this way. It's just really hard right now in this season of my life.

I don't have a coach as such. My IP is all online and I weigh myself and report weekly online. I have spoken to my coach three times since I began seven weeks ago. You girls are my IP lifeline haha!!

My body is different too (good spotting Oneuh2!) and I hadn't realised it. I have always been perfectly hourglass even when overweight and now I seem to be be hip heavy which I really hope sorts itself out as I lose more. I will definitely be spending up big time DD when I get where I am happy with my body, I have turned into a frumpy mum!

Time is going ever so slow today, typical Friday! Looking forward to the weekend!
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #229  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

And....I'm BACK....Today is actually Day 4! Haven't gained everything in full, but not where I want to be. I probably would have never stopped doing IP in the first place if I wouldn't have had to have Surgery. None the less. I want to be back in my dress pants and have extra room! Here we go everyone!
asmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #230  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmuir View Post
And....I'm BACK....Today is actually Day 4! Haven't gained everything in full, but not where I want to be. I probably would have never stopped doing IP in the first place if I wouldn't have had to have Surgery. None the less. I want to be back in my dress pants and have extra room! Here we go everyone!
Howdy Asmuir!!!

These boards are much quieter than they were in March 2015 when you joined but there is a solid group of us who try to check in regularly and support one another -- glad to have you with us as you resume your journey!
Old 02-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #231  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Glad to see some of the old posting! I'm starting out as good as I can. Using a lot of the old stuff and trying to wrap my head around being good again! I had my free time but definitely time to jump back in!
asmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 239/160/145

Height: 5'7

How is everyone doing? I hope your weeks are going well and I'm sure that you are all doing the best that you can. I'd like to hear from some of you so that we can support each other! I find that it really does help to know that there are people struggling in similar ways.

My last two losses: 6.2 pounds and 0.6 pounds. What is that? Pretty exhilarating and then very disappointing. I've quit SF Torani Syrups and chewing gum and am limiting Splenda to one pack per day. I really miss chewing gum. I've started beading as a way to stop thinking about how much I want to reach my GW. It really helps me slow down and breathe and appreciate my progress. Stay strong! Find a new hobby or do something for yourself!

One pound at a time, if that's what it takes.
Telluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:38 PM   #233  

Great advice Telluric! I see people say here that after a big loss week your body needs to 'catch up' hence the smaller loss the following week. I was told not to have gum so I've never had it (would have really appreciated it in the first week though!) and we don't have any of those products here in Aus.

All good here, husband is away again this week but kids seem to be well and truly over their sicknesses so hoping for a calmer week all round. Had my slowest loss week yet last week of -1.0kg but in saying that losing a kilogram a week is amazing! Back in the 74's which was my start weight with my first pregnancy back in 2007 so that is a mini goal achieved just have to get back to my lowest of 60kg before my last baby now so I can officially claim 'I've lost the baby weight'
Old 02-26-2017, 09:35 PM   #234  

Forgot to say that I made chocolate 'rolo' treats I have read about and they were amazing! I have been seriously tempted by chocolates/lollies in the supermarket so thought I'd give these a try. I got some WF caramel syrup from iherb and used chocolate pudding. These may become a staple for me
Old 02-27-2017, 06:21 AM   #235  
oneuh2

Quote:
Forgot to say that I made chocolate 'rolo' treats I have read about and they were amazing! I have been seriously tempted by chocolates/lollies in the supermarket so thought I'd give these a try. I got some WF caramel syrup from iherb and used chocolate pudding. These may become a staple for me
Fitnhappy - Something new! What are the rolo treats and how did you make them? Pre made pipudding or mix? Inquiring minds want to know!

Telluric - good move with limiting the 'freebie' stuff - I have to rein in sometimes too. And the distracting activities are good for dealing with hangries or cravings.

I have a short week weigh in today - I will be in training all week so no running over to the clinic, besides I think I am more diligent on weekends if I know I have to weigh in on Monday.... so I hope to do it regularly going forward.
I had a sad day yesterday - my neighbor who has been in and out of hospital for the past few months passed away in the night Saturday. I thought she was really on the mend so this was a shock. I hope she is with my husband (who died last April) sitting in the sun having a rum and coke somewhere in the great beyond...

I guess I am getting old enough that death of friends and family is becoming more frequent. I do not like it.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:33 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 155/136/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone,

This is day one of my 8th week on IP, I have lost 16 pounds so far, and I have 10 more to go. I fully admit two weeks ago I was on a family trip so I did not lose anything that week. So really in 6 weeks, 16 pounds, I am ok with that. I am just so worried these last 10 are going to creep by. I was consistent all weekend and the scale has not moved even by a 10th of a pound. So, two questions:

(1) How do you stay motivated when the end is in sight? People are complimenting me, I am starting to feel like the "old me" and it just seems too easy to say well maybe this progress is enough. I DONT want to do that, I just am having a weak moment.

(2) Is it possible to truly be 136.2 pounds every day for three days in a row? Do you think I just have a cheap scale? Does anyone have a scale recommendation?

I really appreciate these boards and the ability to come on here and not feel so alone! At the beginning my fiance was skeptical of this whole plan, calling the food packets "space food" and just worried the diet was too strange. Now he wants to start eating my carb free dinners and has even tried some of the bars! I am happy with IP I just don't want to fall apart in the final month or so!
hannahrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #237  

Oneuh2, very sorry for the loss of your neighbour and your husband. Losing loved ones always reminds me how important everyday is to love the ones we love.

Rolo is pudding mix (we only have mix here but I do think you could use premade too) made to directions, spooned into silicon ice cube tray half way, tiny drop of caramel syrup (I found I really didn't need much to get that yummy caramel taste) and then topped up with more pudding. Freeze. Once frozen let them defrost just a little and enjoy!

Hannah rose, congratulations on being so close to your goal! Not sure on the motivation needed for the end really but when I lost a big amount in 2014 I had the mindset that I would lose an extra 3-5kg so I had some bounce room which kept me focused to get right down to 60kg.

I weigh everyday and it's not unusual at all for me to stay exactly the same 3-4days in a row. I usually get a 'whoosh' after that just by remaining consistent. We have Fitbit scales and they are good but they did weigh me 1.8kg heavier than our old digital scales which was very hard to see at the time I wouldn't worry about new scales though, I'd just keep on being consistent.

I had my first 'you've lost weight' comment today from my sons preschool teacher. Have to say it certainly put a spring in my step this morning
Old 02-28-2017, 08:34 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 155/136/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Oneuh2, very sorry for the loss of your neighbour and your husband. Losing loved ones always reminds me how important everyday is to love the ones we love.

Rolo is pudding mix (we only have mix here but I do think you could use premade too) made to directions, spooned into silicon ice cube tray half way, tiny drop of caramel syrup (I found I really didn't need much to get that yummy caramel taste) and then topped up with more pudding. Freeze. Once frozen let them defrost just a little and enjoy!

Hannah rose, congratulations on being so close to your goal! Not sure on the motivation needed for the end really but when I lost a big amount in 2014 I had the mindset that I would lose an extra 3-5kg so I had some bounce room which kept me focused to get right down to 60kg.

I weigh everyday and it's not unusual at all for me to stay exactly the same 3-4days in a row. I usually get a 'whoosh' after that just by remaining consistent. We have Fitbit scales and they are good but they did weigh me 1.8kg heavier than our old digital scales which was very hard to see at the time I wouldn't worry about new scales though, I'd just keep on being consistent.

I had my first 'you've lost weight' comment today from my sons preschool teacher. Have to say it certainly put a spring in my step this morning
Thanks Fitnhappy, and congratulations on the first "you've lost weight"! It always is a good feeling. Last night I really thought about it, and decided it is just another 10 pounds, but it is going to make a huge difference, so I am going to just do it. I know I want to get to the point in life where I can occasionally indulge in the things I love (sushi, pasta, wine!) but if I wait until I lose this last 10 it is going to make it that much sweeter. I am younger so avoiding alcohol and pizza with friends is tough, but I have done it so far, so I am just going to do it until the end! Then, I can slowly reintroduce the occasional treat.

Good for you for getting back into things after baby number four, I can't imagine how hard it must be to have a family to look after and be worried about IP. Keep it up!
hannahrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 290/260/140

Smile Day 2 IP

Just started the plan yesterday. I am blessed to have close friend who used IP for her goals.

So far so good, but how bad can 1 day be LOL

Hoping to make some friends and reach our goals together!

Last edited by keemardon; 02-28-2017 at 09:02 AM.
keemardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Nice loss oneuh2 Sorry to hear of your neighbour's passing.

Welcome back asmuir Good luck on your journey.

Telluric Keeping busy is so important, especially when the cravings hit hard, good advice/reminder. It also helps to focus on smaller mini goals instead of the final GW, like the next 5lbs or even the next inch of the waist.

fitnhappy congrats on your loss this week, like you said, still a great loss and your non scale victory in the form of the weight loss comment

And it's indeed amazing and inspiring to read you doing this with four children!

hannahrose as others have said, there are days when the scale doesn't move for me at all. But the last time I was on IP a noticed I had a three week loss then a zero week throughout the journey. But I averaged 2.25 overall. And yes, the last 10lbs seem to creep by for most, sorry. And you will be happier for sure if you stick it out to your GW, you've come this far!

keemardon Welcome and good luck on your journey

I had a two pound loss this week, I wasn't sure what was going to happen, I started weighing myself earlier in the morning 6 instead of 7:30. I started doing this because I'm getting up earlier and doing some walking and light yoga, and even an hour and a half in the morning makes a difference on the scale for me. Not only that, but I started doing squats throughout the day and my muscles have been sore AND TOM is close. I actually went down to 186.5 from 188.5 the next day after WI, but then because of the changes this week I went between 189-187 the rest of the week and wasn't sure what the scale would show today. So I was pleasantly surprised when my earlier morning rise showed the 2.5lb loss

You can't always rely on the scale to show you that the program is working as it should. Sometimes our bodies are holding onto water, there is inflammation, or you are better hydrated. Just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean you are not losing fat!

Have a great OP day IPeeps!

Last edited by DeterminedDieter; 02-28-2017 at 09:24 AM.
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote