Old 01-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrubi View Post
Thanks, Brigitte! Alaska is awesome and I do love where I live but goodness mail and things take a long time to get here! I'm so excited for the program. All except one thing and thats the possibility of losing my hair I'm soooo worried about that and it seems like most people experience it from the fast weight loss Have you had any experience with that?
Hey jrubi I would really love to visit Alaska! I have looked at cruises but I would want to go and stay for a few weeks (if not more) and really explore!

The diet is great! I have to tell you that for some reason my skin looks great...when I look in the mirror it seems that I look younger. I am happier and I see a smile looking back at me instead of a grouchy depressing pout!

As for the hair loss it does not happen all the time. I have to tell you that I have hemochromatosis (my body does not want to get rid of iron) and one of the side effects of this is hair loss. I did not really see and augmentation in the loss since I began the program. My nails...well that's another story...as soon as they get a little long they break...now it could be because it is so cold and dry here...I know some people take 'biotin' to help with this...

Brigitte
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #92  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Wow - I am so glad to see newbies on 3FC - there is something about conversations here that are so much more substantive than the FB groups.

My week one weigh in resulted in official -7.2 lbs, and by the next morning I had dropped another 2 lbs - I seem to be holding there per the home scale... Maybe another lb will drop by my week 2 WI on Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

So far this is working ok - I just am wistful that I let myself regain 75 of the 82 hard lost lbs you see in my avatar picture here.

Brigitte is right - if you look all over the thousands of postings here on 3FC Ideal Protein forum, the typical average monthly losses for anyone's journey work out to be about 10 lbs per month. More per month at the start, maybe a bit less the closer you get to goal.

We just have to follow the protocol - realize that cheating buys you a few seconds of pleasure on the lips but it costs several days for your body to re-adapt and your body chemistry to function at full capacity to result in losses at the best rate your body can produce.

I understand the desire for extra fat - I am drawn to that too, as I tried Keto Way of Eating thru the FAll. But just realize that stepping outside the lines has effects one way or another, and when you do that, you are no longer on protocol. We each make choices for ourselves and our minds are good at coming up with justifications to rationalize them.

In truth - the IP protocol is tested and it works. You are paying IP for the value that protocol offers. Those who strive to stay on, 100 percent, have stunning results. If you want to get rid of excess pounds as quickly and certainly as possible, get a little obsessive about the protocol and do all you can to follow it.

We are not perfect anyway. Stuff will happen - you will forget your IP foods when you are away from home one day, or you will have an unplanned situation and find you have few to no IP friendly choices, or the travel on the job meals will be very inflexible. Save your off plan tactics for those situations instead of making voluntary off plan choices because of a momentary craving. You will be SOOOO glad you did!

This reminds me - set up an emergency pack to keep in the car or in your work tote or briefcase - I have an extra shaker that lives in my backpack I carry to work, and with it there are a couple IP drink and pudding packets... Water is pretty available if you don't carry some with you but I always have a couple bottles in the car, and I carry it in my backpack - we are all drinking it daily on plan any way. But planning ahead will reduce the need to 'make do'. Another strategy is to know where you can find a nearby GNC - their quest chips are good alternative to an IP packet, and sometimes they have envelopes of quest protein shakes hanging near the register. They sell shakers too if you are really in a pinch.

Once more I recommend Elizabeth Benton for good motivation and tips and tools for getting your head into the game and keeping it there. Her FREE podcasts and her daily motivations are excellent. Check her out on www.primalpotential.com.

I am doing her 12 week webinar series ($500, gulp). Today begins week 2. Will share from those sessions periodically here. The head game is key no matter what food plan you follow.... We need to get that mindset to work with us now, and more so in maintenance. Self sabotage is so prevalent for those of us who have battled weigh issues for a long time.

Ok - that's long-winded-me for today - enjoying this long weekend - hoping to make headway on getting my tax papers into shape today and tomorrow - this would be a big accomplishment for me, especially doing it in January!

Ta Ta for now,
Cheryl
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
Hi I am on day 7 of IP with first weigh in tomorrow morning. I am in Australia so we use kilograms but I converted and my beginning weight is 191.3pounds! Woah! Sounds a lot like that!! It is 86.8kg -which still sounds like a lot really ����
Anyway, one week almost complete and I've been 100% OP so I am hoping for a decent loss.
OMG Australia! Now I am really jealous...another country that I would really love to visit. My niece is on a 'self discovery' trip and her next stop is Australia. She is planning to stay there for some time...I wish I was young again.

In Canada we also use the metric system...most of the stores will use both systems since some people just cannot and do not want to do the conversions. It is very confusing for some elder people who see...wow...2$ per 100g...and they don't realize that it it almost 9$ a pound.

So much fun to talk to people from all around our great WORLD! Brigitte
Old 01-15-2017, 11:23 AM   #94  

Such great advice Cheryl! I know it is hard not to look back at what we did to ourselves to gain back some of the weight but we cannot change the past...we can LEARN form it and this is when I believe it is useful to talk about it , question ourselves, see what we can do if something happens that is similar...it is not healthy to look back just to beat ourselves up over and over again.

I know I do this often, I put on my pants...size 14...and then I look it the mirror and scold myself for letting this happen to me...I get depressed since all these nice size 6 pants are in my closet...and then that's when I start to think about food...about making bad decisions...I try to take it one day at a time and spin it to say...hey I will soon be in size 12...ONE DAY AT A TIME...I will get there...I will make those good choice because hey let's face it...I am totally worth it!

Brigitte
Old 01-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #95  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Such great advice Cheryl! I know it is hard not to look back at what we did to ourselves to gain back some of the weight but we cannot change the past...we can LEARN form it and this is when I believe it is useful to talk about it , question ourselves, see what we can do if something happens that is similar...it is not healthy to look back just to beat ourselves up over and over again.

I know I do this often, I put on my pants...size 14...and then I look it the mirror and scold myself for letting this happen to me...I get depressed since all these nice size 6 pants are in my closet...and then that's when I start to think about food...about making bad decisions...I try to take it one day at a time and spin it to say...hey I will soon be in size 12...ONE DAY AT A TIME...I will get there...I will make those good choice because hey let's face it...I am totally worth it!

Brigitte

You are SO RIGHT ON -- this 12 week webinar is aimed at ways to win head game and live a life of reasonable relationship with food, with habits that enable us to realize our full potential. Keeping a daily journal of reactions to the many food choices that we make each day, and noting lessons learned along the way is a key part of that program. Good habit for living going forward.

We all know - it is easier to lose than it is to keep it off.

And with that - I am going to quit procrastinating and go prepare some food for the week while the sun is still up!
Old 01-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Good morning!

Have to say it's off to a pretty great start today with a 4.4kg (9.7pounds) loss for week one!! Just WOW! 100% OP was hard -HARD HARD HARD especially with our very limited range here in Aus- but to see that result is worth it.

Other good news, I found Quest chips on iherb and will ship to Aus so I have ordered some to try and am very much looking forward to them arriving.

My husband has been saying all week that I have noticeably lost weight and felt 'tiny' haha!!

Week two I realise will not yield such great results, excited to continue though!

Have a great day everyone! ����
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:56 PM   #97  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
Good morning!

Have to say it's off to a pretty great start today with a 4.4kg (9.7pounds) loss for week one!! Just WOW! 100% OP was hard -HARD HARD HARD especially with our very limited range here in Aus- but to see that result is worth it.

Other good news, I found Quest chips on iherb and will ship to Aus so I have ordered some to try and am very much looking forward to them arriving.

My husband has been saying all week that I have noticeably lost weight and felt 'tiny' haha!!

Week two I realise will not yield such great results, excited to continue though!

Have a great day everyone! ����
Congrats on week 1! Glad you can get the Quest chips - they are not as robust and flavorful as IP, but I think they may be lower carb, so a good choice for an alternative.

Keep on keepin' on - you can do this!
Old 01-16-2017, 06:17 PM   #98  

Hi. I just started IP last Tuesday and this evening will be my first weigh in. Not sure how I feel about it, yet. I'm really struggling to get all the veggies in every day. I just can't seem to bring myself to eat so many veggies.

Anyway, I don't really have anything specific. Just wanted to get started here because I know I'm going to need some support through this program. My friend who is also doing a low carb diet (of her own design) immediately jumped to "oh, that's not healthy!" when I told her some of the restrictions. So, no support from the only person I know who tries to improve their weight.

Also,I'd like to say I read the thread about what people are looking forward to once their goals are reached and it was very inspiring. I need to add mine - once I decided what they are.

Looking forward to my time with this community!
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:49 PM   #99  
Started IP 12/16/16

S/C/G: 209/143/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskiesbabiesmama View Post
Hi. I just started IP last Tuesday and this evening will be my first weigh in. Not sure how I feel about it, yet. I'm really struggling to get all the veggies in every day. I just can't seem to bring myself to eat so many veggies.

Anyway, I don't really have anything specific. Just wanted to get started here because I know I'm going to need some support through this program. My friend who is also doing a low carb diet (of her own design) immediately jumped to "oh, that's not healthy!" when I told her some of the restrictions. So, no support from the only person I know who tries to improve their weight.

Also,I'd like to say I read the thread about what people are looking forward to once their goals are reached and it was very inspiring. I need to add mine - once I decided what they are.

Welcome! i just started 12/16/16.
Lita2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #100  
oneuh2

Quote:

Glad you found this forum - there is a HUGE amount of good info here and we will do our best to support one another.

Sorry your friend has dissed the IP protocol -- I bet you lose more lbs, more quickly, and once you get going with it - in a couple of weeks, you will likely feel more energy than your friend.

But, If I were you, I would thank her for sharing when she makes such remarks, and just don't engage in discussing the pro's and con's of your respective food plans anymore. She thinks she knows better, and you will not likely change her mind - don't waste the energy. Keep the conversation on other stuff and keep on keepin' on.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:42 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Glad you found this forum - there is a HUGE amount of good info here and we will do our best to support one another.

Sorry your friend has dissed the IP protocol -- I bet you lose more lbs, more quickly, and once you get going with it - in a couple of weeks, you will likely feel more energy than your friend.

But, If I were you, I would thank her for sharing when she makes such remarks, and just don't engage in discussing the pro's and con's of your respective food plans anymore. She thinks she knows better, and you will not likely change her mind - don't waste the energy. Keep the conversation on other stuff and keep on keepin' on.
Good advice regarding my friend. I just changed the subject at that point - I no point wasting my breath!
Old 01-16-2017, 10:43 PM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita2 View Post
Welcome! i just started 12/16/16.
Thank you.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #103  

Well, I think my weigh-in went well. I'm down 7 lbs. My coach was pleased. She said not to stress too much about the veggies, that she has a really hard time eating that much veggies every single day, as well. So that's encouraging.

I got all sorts of new goodies to eat this week. I'm excited to try all this new stuff.

Oh, yes, the part I'm really happy about - my body fat % is already down 1.5%! May not seem big, but seeing that difference on my printouts is SO nice!

Last edited by huskiesbabiesmama; 01-16-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #104  
oneuh2

Quote:
Well, I think my weigh-in went well. I'm down 7 lbs. My coach was pleased. She said not to stress too much about the veggies, that she has a really hard time eating that much veggies every single day, as well. So that's encouraging.

I got all sorts of new goodies to eat this week. I'm excited to try all this new stuff.
YAY!!! Great results!!!
Old 01-16-2017, 10:53 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
YAY!!! Great results!!!
Thanks!