Old 03-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

How's everyone going?

This is the start of week 10 for me, starting to feel a bit fatigued with the whole thing but will keep on keeeping on.
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #302  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Week 7 weigh-in: 187.4 down total of 26.6 pounds! I feel like by this point I've tried most of the IP products and know what I like and don't like, though I am concerned at some point I'll get tired of the ones I like best. How's everyone else doing? Also curious, what is your typical/average weekly loss on IP after the first couple weeks of crazy high #s?
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:36 AM   #303  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdytx View Post
Week 7 weigh-in: 187.4 down total of 26.6 pounds! I feel like by this point I've tried most of the IP products and know what I like and don't like, though I am concerned at some point I'll get tired of the ones I like best. How's everyone else doing? Also curious, what is your typical/average weekly loss on IP after the first couple weeks of crazy high #s?
Hi Howdy! Great progress! Congrats! I'm down 44 and change over 19 weeks so my average is about 2.3 pounds a week. This is my 2nd time on IP and I pretty much have the same average as the 1st time around. My lowest loss has been .6 but then usually the next week I'll do a drop of 2 1/2 pounds. If I have one of those lower weeks I switch around my restricted products and have them more in the beginning of the week farther away from my weigh in day. I only do that once in a while because I so look forward to my restricted stuff.
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:35 PM   #304  

Weighed in last night. Down another 4lbs for a total loss of 23lbs so far. Still zero visible change (except that my breasts look like deflated balloons all the sudden). So frustrating. But there's nothing I can do about that. I'm phasing off for my vacation and then will be back on phase 1 when I get back. One more weigh in before I leave. Seriously hoping that phasing off helps me not gain so much weight while I'm away. It's so heart breaking having to re-work off the same 5lbs you dropped just two weeks before.

Trying to find some positives since I'm really feeling down about my lack of visible progress: I am 6lbs away from my pre-first-pregnancy weight and 4.5 lbs away from my half way point.

Last edited by huskiesbabiesmama; 03-21-2017 at 04:36 PM.
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #305  

Also, question for you all! I have been making sure to get all my salt and water in, however, the last several days I've had a recurring head ache. My coach suggested using even more salt. Is this something any one else has experienced?
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #306  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskiesbabiesmama View Post
Also, question for you all! I have been making sure to get all my salt and water in, however, the last several days I've had a recurring head ache. My coach suggested using even more salt. Is this something any one else has experienced?
Yes!! Low salt intake will absolutely cause headaches. Up it by about 1/2 TSP per day, you should notice a difference. Good luck!!
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:50 PM   #307  

Howdytx, you are doing awesomely! My average is 1kg a week (which is approx 2 pounds I'm pretty sure), I have been having more of an up & down pattern with losing the 'standard' kilogram one week and less the next. No idea why??

Huskiesbabiesmama, it took me ages to see a difference and for my clothes to be different/loose. I am 15kg down now and still wearing the same size and it's just gotten looser in the last few weeks. I lost weight from my rib cage first and it wasn't noticeable at all. Good luck with your mini phase off, look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Jellihel, your progress sounds like mine of late. I rarely have any restricteds, I like the sound of your plan though having them earlier in the week. I might start giving this a try myself.

I've been grappling for a long time with some personal decisions (mum & work related) and I feel like I've come to an impasse. Going to follow the direction of my heart and feeling such a sense of relief to be finally working towards finding myself again after being a stay at home mum for nearly nine years. Going to require some juggling of childcare but I feel it's time to follow my heart for a bit. Spoke at length to my husband and he's been so supportive and encouraging, it's a good feeling to have shared my true feelings and have him support me. Anyway, will mean shopping for some new 'proper' clothes which I am very excited about and concretes my determination to get to my goal and stay there

Hope the sun is shining for everyone today
Old 03-22-2017, 10:32 PM   #308  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys - sorry to have been scarce the past several days - I have been sick with sinus and ear infection and am just able to get back online after several days of total bedrest.

First to HowdyTX -- you can kind of do research all over this IP forum and find people who started at or near your starting weight, the month they began, and on tickers or their details in their screen name box -- you can see how much they have lost and the date of their posting.

I spent a lot of time doing this when I first began IP, trying to get a feel for how long my journey would take to get to goal. Almost 100 percent of the time, but not always, it averages out to about 10 lbs a month. The 2.x lbs a week average adds up to 10 lbs a month.

So I think that is a good planning approach. However, phasing off, falling off the wagon of IP protocol, cutting corners as time goes by and you get tired of doing this, all of that will just add days and weeks to your journey.

fitnhappy -- you are doing well - keep your eye on the prize and it is terrific you are thinking of other aspects of your life and what can add to your happiness and sense of well being. Way to go! A well examined life is a life well led.... someone said that... George Bernard Shaw maybe? not sure....

huskiesbabiesmama -- I bet if you find a selfie from before you started this program and you take another in a similar pose you will see a difference. I have lost 21 lbs and I can see that I have more of my neck now. I have gained and lost weight all my life, and I find that I tend to lose from the top down and gain from the bottom up.... thus a progressively larger butt over the years.... but that's another story. I recommend you do a facial photo comparison - you might surprise yourself.

Also regarding deflated boobs -- it seems that they do deflate some during the P1 but as glycogen stores come back into play after the later phases, they do plump back up. Have faith on that point - I am not the scientific expert here but I share what many have shared on this topic.

Jodi and Bella -- welcome back to 3FC -- sorry you are back on P1 at this time but SOOO glad to have you here on the boards to share your journeys!

AmieF -- welcome and you can get down 30 lbs if you get religious about following the P1 protocol -- have faith in the process and come here to ask questions if you need help. YOU CAN DO ThIS!!!

Jellihel -- doing great! Oh how I look forward to 44lbs down.... right now I am working to make the first 25 and get back to one-derland. I do like you sometimes and try to ease up on restricted the last couple days before weigh in. Also I am learning that beef, pork, and lamb take longer for the body to metabolize - therefore I am having those early in the week and trying to do chicen, fish and eggs the last 3 days before weigh in.

Hang in everyone - March is flying by, Spring is here, and we are all heading for a smaller shadow in the sun this summer!!!

cheryl
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:50 PM   #309  

Hope you're totally recovered quickly, Cheryl!

I love what you wrote about boobs plumping back up, my are seriously deflated and when my son finishes nursing they are going to be even sadder I'm holding onto this hope! Lol
Old 03-23-2017, 03:28 AM   #310  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Chat-ers! Sounds like you are all managing well.
Just a note about sodium: latest studies show that we need much more than previously thought - here's some interesting info:
newest sodium guides for health - remember salt is TWO elements Sodium & Chlorine so a tsp of salt is NOT a tsp of Sodium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0U006YZ2w
Info on Sodium starts at 10:45 on this video with Dr. Stephen Phinney

Both parts 1 & 2 are available for free on youtube and are AWESOME. From Jan 2017.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:35 AM   #311  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Cheryl - Hope you get better quick! I love what you wrote "heading for a smaller shadow in the sun this summer." Summer, which has always been my least favorite season due to the lack of clothes and short sleeves that are too short is coming and I'm almost looking forward to it with my weight being down .
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:25 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 193/188/148

Height: 5'9

Really love reading this thread and sharing the journey with ya'll!
Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:15 PM   #313  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Thanks everyone!

oneuh2 I'm totally fine with 10 pounds a month Also, THANK YOU for your commentary on deflated boobs! I was just complaining to boyfriend about how I couldn't really see a difference at 26 pounds down and was still wearing the same clothing and what does he say: wow your boobs have gotten smaller, I think you lost at least 10 pounds from your boobs-that's where all the weight loss went I look forward to them plumping back up again at least a little. In the meantime, I will continue to give the evil eye to the boyfriend for being insensitive. lol
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:08 AM   #314  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

gotta check back tomorrow but in the meantime....
Plenty of this magic stuff for all of us!!!

oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #315  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskiesbabiesmama View Post
Weighed in last night. Down another 4lbs for a total loss of 23lbs so far. Still zero visible change (except that my breasts look like deflated balloons all the sudden). So frustrating. But there's nothing I can do about that. I'm phasing off for my vacation and then will be back on phase 1 when I get back. One more weigh in before I leave. Seriously hoping that phasing off helps me not gain so much weight while I'm away. It's so heart breaking having to re-work off the same 5lbs you dropped just two weeks before.

Trying to find some positives since I'm really feeling down about my lack of visible progress: I am 6lbs away from my pre-first-pregnancy weight and 4.5 lbs away from my half way point.
Are you taking measurements, or just using your scale. Some weeks I found my weight would not drop but the measurements would change.

My favorite, telltale sign that im dropping weight is the fat behind my knees shrinks away!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote