Old 07-22-2016, 08:26 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Where do you go for support?

Hi,

I know these boards seem to be dying. I am just curious where you go for support these days? Is it mainly Facebook and is that the Alternative board there? I was hoping to find some people to share ideas with.

Thanks so much.
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi cactusblossom: Sad but true there are fewer posters on this site (I'm not sure how many people - newbies to IP especially - even know about 3FC now). A lot of the posters who were on here and who post a lot have moved over to the Facebook pages, but personally I do find it hard to have continuity for the conversations and most of the posts are questions about formulations you can use as an alternative or just posting pix & results. Which is all OK, but it's hard to find any info on a continuing theme if you had a particular question. No possible way to find it with a search feature like you can on 3FC, the same old questions just keep getting asked over and over and getting lost as they drop off the news feed. There are a few of us in maintenance on here still and if you do have a question we will try our best to answer or give support. Great idea is to search for recipes on this board or look at the Non Scale Victories (NSV) pages for encouragement. Even reading them if they are old gives you some fresh outlooks and new ideas to keep you going. You might want to join the Facebook pages as well for 'at the moment' instant help, and use this board for research and ideas, and questions to maintenance IP'ers.

Keep on going and don't make the drift of technology your 'reason' to give up. Do you have some buddies at your clinic that may be able to partner up with you for on the spot live encouragement beside your coach? That's an idea too.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Liana,

Thank you SO much for such a lovely post! I have read so much here and can see it was once such an active and supportive environment. And you are completely right about using lack of online support as an excuse! Very true in my case especially! Always "planning" to start, but never following through! NO MORE OF THAT!!

I am starting tomorrow, 7/25. I am doing this on my own - no clinic. But I do have alternatives and I will post daily! Maybe somebody, somewhere will join me! And if not, that's Ok. I will be accountable to myself and still hope for some company along the way!

Thank you again Liana! You are awesome!!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't have a lot of posting time, but this board has been invaluable for me in terms of reading. For what it's worth, I'm glad it's here.
SE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I peek around on the FB pages, but the boards are my favorite. Since its been slow sometimes I'll just randomly jump to an old page, like page "253" and weed through some really OLD posts and find some nuggets of wisdom! We're all in this together!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I'm not on any Facebook pages and I take breaks from here but I will 'lurk' now. I use my husband as my main support and I see a holistic nutritionist and a trainer every two weeks. I too find it's the same questions over and over and many people generally are providing great answers. I don't follow IP maintenance but I do follow some of the threads and find some good 'nuggets of wisdom' as pp mentioned.

Honestly there was a blurp of activity a few (almost years ago) and I found it too hard to keep up too, it was very frustrating lol. Now that it's calmed down a bit I'm enjoying 'lurking', so I wouldn't call this 'dying'.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

You are totally welcome catusblossom, and I am on here every couple of days depending on my work schedule and read up on everything I've missed, and comment a fair bit too. You may not know it, but there are a few lurkers out there and they do read the posts but don't necessarily feel they have much to add; but think of it as sending your message out into the void, lol and it can encourage someone else or cause them to think of things in a different way or... maybe start/restart them on a healthy path.

Lynn Margaret, I find it interesting to read pages waaaay back too (when I get a bit of extra time, because it can slip away so easily when scrolling through 3FC ).

Hiya SE72; and Ishbel, how's your toddler, lol. She's grown a bit by now, I'll bet.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I also look at the FB page for alternatives, thinking there might be some new info there, but it is mostly newbies asking the same questions as Liana said. I keep up with the Maintainers page (I think there are only a few of us posting right now). I can't account for the drop off either, but I know that this forum was my lifeline while I was in all stages of the diet and it still is.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:43 PM   #9  

Hi cactus blossom;
I think a lot of people are guilty of lurking!! myself included.. I just can't tell you how invaluable the 3FC boards have been to me. I found the answers to so many questions. the recipes, especially from Rainbow are just amazing. I went back a few years and read, and read and read.. Someone compiled a pdf of all rainbows recipes and they are so good.. She is so creative and generous to share with us.
Someone else started a couple of weight loss challenges and I joined those too. It's nice that we are all helping each other.. I am going to an IP clinic and my coach is great.
let me know if you want more info..
sasseym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:45 PM   #10  

I meant to say that I have only been on IP since May 26 2016. down 19.2 in 9 weeks.. Not spectacular results like some people.. BUT it is working and I don't feel hungry or deprived
Old 08-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasseym View Post
I meant to say that I have only been on IP since May 26 2016. down 19.2 in 9 weeks.. Not spectacular results like some people.. BUT it is working and I don't feel hungry or deprived
Way to go! I was also at 19 pounds at week 9 - I'm very satisfied with the pace of my results. Like you said not the "WOOSH BANG ZOOM" of some, but better than anything else I have ever done, all around! Keep it up, lady!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:07 PM   #12  

Yes, the important thing -- the scale is going in the right direction
Old 08-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Fwiw, the P2,3,4 board on facebook has even slowed down (imho) in the last 4 - 6 weeks, which is where I am most active publicly.

What I've also noticed is the ebb / flow based on the time of year. There seems to be a fairly decent upswing in January / February & again around April / May when people realize swim suit season is 6 - 8 weeks away.

My main reason for switching over from 3FC to FB is how unfriendly 3FC is on my mobile (IPhone). I don't get on the laptop like I used to at home - mostly b/c I don't have to work 12+ hour days anymore
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post

Hiya SE72; and Ishbel, how's your toddler, lol. She's grown a bit by now, I'll bet.
Hey there, thanks for asking! Yes, she's just over 2 years and quite spunky to say the least . She's petite though, not sure where she got that metabolism from! Kinda envious of it haha.

I knew parenting would be fun but I don't think I knew how much fun it was going to be. Just showing her an earth worm was amazing to me and typing this makes me smile. I'm re-learning the world through her eyes.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:00 AM   #15  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ishbel! So nice to see your picture and the picture of your little one! I remember when you got married and had the baby! Time just goes right by!

Enjoy it all!

And yes, everyone, I come here for support! I try to check in each day at lunchtime, as I'm eating my lovely IP soup!

The support really helps! I'm two weeks into a reboot and doing very well.

Regards to all!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote