Old 09-20-2016, 10:18 PM   #31  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys - I have spent many hours here on 3FC and this forum has an enormous amount of useful info - not to mention online friendships that have developed as we all tackle similar demons.

I am not much into the FB groups that have IP in the name - but I do like Janeva's FB page and I use recipes from her files there. Her magic with packets is excellent.

I also go to some other support sources - try the podcasts by Elizabeth Benton on www.primalpotential.com - her take on food is a low carb high protein approach, though not as restricted as IP because she believes that to live with food beyond a diet each of us has to find what works for us. She has lots of good tips on how to discover the practices and foods that work for you in the long haul. There are some recipes - good for maintenance, I think. But the biggie is how she really tackles the mind game - let's face it - we know what food we should be eating and what to stay away from - it's our mind, that little voice, that convinces us that it won't hurt to get off track. The podcasts and daily motivation messages from primalpotential are terrific at helping me learn how to win the mind game. Elizabeth has a good story about her yoyo routine that she followed for years and then her loss of 135. I highly recommend you ADD her to your 3FC forum for support.

hope this is helpful,
cheryl
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Cheryl! Missed your insightful and upbuilding comments on the forum. Glad you are here again! Hugs (((()))))
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Just curious, returning here for the first time in years, are the daily chats no longer used?

Carla
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:37 AM   #34  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi Cheryl! Missed your insightful and upbuilding comments on the forum. Glad you are here again! Hugs (((()))))
Liana
Thanks - missed you too!
Old 09-24-2016, 08:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Cheryl - So good to see you!!! Been thinking of ya and wondering how you've been doing. Thanks for sharing your sources of support. Hope to see you around here more often too!
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:34 PM   #36  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Hi Cheryl - So good to see you!!! Been thinking of ya and wondering how you've been doing. Thanks for sharing your sources of support. Hope to see you around here more often too!
I see you on MFP and am so proud of your success with maintenance ! Glad to reconnect!
Old 09-25-2016, 03:28 PM   #37  
Yve

Thank you very much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello,

You can totally follow the IP protocol while using alternative, similar products to IP in order to save on the cost.

Here are two links of threads about alternative products:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ives-help.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...deas-tips.html

I'm also attaching some files for you containing some nutritional info about the IP products and IP supplements so you could compare with what you can buy.

Hope this will help. Please let me know how it will go.

Good luck
Yve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:35 PM   #38  
Yve

Sandra,

Thanks so much for the information. Unfortunately. The links are not working. Is there another way I can ge to these threads?

Thanks again,
Yvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello,

You can totally follow the IP protocol while using alternative, similar products to IP in order to save on the cost.

Here are two links of threads about alternative products:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ives-help.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...deas-tips.html

I'm also attaching some files for you containing some nutritional info about the IP products and IP supplements so you could compare with what you can buy.

Hope this will help. Please let me know how it will go.

Good luck
Old 09-27-2016, 03:52 PM   #39  

Yve, the links worked for me, but I am in my browser on my desktop.... perhaps they don't work if you are on your mobile device??
Liana
Old 09-27-2016, 04:23 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Just curious, returning here for the first time in years, are the daily chats no longer used?

Carla
Hi Carla: there isn't nearly as much traffic on the 3FC site these days, many have moved to a Facebook page, so there isn't enough for a daily chat. There's still quite a few of us around though, so keep posting!

BTW, Cheryl (oneuh2) the Primal Potential site is awesome!! Great info! I believe from some of her comments/links, she lives only a few hours from me. I sent her a message today and may find out soon. That'd be funny if it's true.

Liana
Old 10-02-2016, 11:28 AM   #41  
Yve

Canadjineh,

Yes, that was it. The link did't work on my mobile device. Thanks!

Sandralosingweight,
Thanks again for sharing. The information was really helpful.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:39 PM   #42  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi Carla: there isn't nearly as much traffic on the 3FC site these days, many have moved to a Facebook page, so there isn't enough for a daily chat. There's still quite a few of us around though, so keep posting!

BTW, Cheryl (oneuh2) the Primal Potential site is awesome!! Great info! I believe from some of her comments/links, she lives only a few hours from me. I sent her a message today and may find out soon. That'd be funny if it's true.

Liana
OOOH - Elizabeth Benton lives in New Hampshire - she just moved there from North Carolina in June.

But here stuff is terrific, isn't it? -- and I really admire her coaching style - she is very good at providing direct feedback even when she knows you are not going to want to hear it. I have done a Fat Loss Fat Track webinar series with her and am about to start a new one for veterans of the first series. She opens a closed FB group for those in the webinar, and she personally responds to every posting, and to every email from the members of the group. It was her consistent messages that got me to finally put down the sugar and junk food and get back on a rational track with foods, and back on a ketogenic regime to re-lose the pounds I have regained.

I am so glad you checked her out and you like what you found. I think it is great stuff for folks in maintenance, and I think maintenance is harder than any other aspect of weight management.

ta ta for now...
cheryl
Old 10-02-2016, 11:35 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

So I am reading these posts, and get it...we all have our go to comfort/support...so I will ask a random question here and if needed start a new thread...
has anyone ever read the book or used the book Shrink Yourself by Roger Gould, MD? I know Ideal (alternatives) isthe best for me, but up til now, have only used (and never completed Phase 1) at 3 different times in the last 4 years...(many huge life crisis in those years...excuses? possibly)
I am working hard to start again and get through to Phase 4 for the first time), but I know there is more to this goal than just food...I am a food addict, and need to work through the emotional triggers...I found an Ebook: Emotional Eating 101, I got the book Shrink Yourself and have read the first 56 pages, and am eager to incorporate the "12 therapy Sessions" while I go through Phase 1...has anyone else on Ideal Protein found, though the food for ideal is right, they need to maybe incorporate some sort of therapy to beat the food addiction once and for all?
I am just throwing this out there...

Last edited by BLUEJEWEL; 10-02-2016 at 11:48 PM.
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #44  

oneuh2, Cheryl... I did send her an email and she answered back within a couple days. Turns out we do not live close to each other at all, it's just that she buys coffee from a roaster very close to me, lol. Kicking Horse Coffee. Not many in the US know about it I think and so that's why I thought she might live close by.
I've been watching the Ketosummit.... on Ketogenic and LCHF eating - interviews with professors, docs, latest scientific studies etc. They have an encore presentation of all the interviews 30+ (approx 1 hr each) on Oct 5/6th for free. They will send you a link when you register at ketosummit.com
Well worth the time - lots of info on neurodegeneration prevention, weightloss plateaus and breaking through, and how to retool maintenance from your weight/fat loss plan, athletic performance enhancements with a ketogenic approach. Browse the speakers and titles for your interests.
Check it out!

Liana
Old 10-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #45  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
So I am reading these posts, and get it...we all have our go to comfort/support...so I will ask a random question here and if needed start a new thread...
has anyone ever read the book or used the book Shrink Yourself by Roger Gould, MD? I know Ideal (alternatives) isthe best for me, but up til now, have only used (and never completed Phase 1) at 3 different times in the last 4 years...(many huge life crisis in those years...excuses? possibly)
I am working hard to start again and get through to Phase 4 for the first time), but I know there is more to this goal than just food...I am a food addict, and need to work through the emotional triggers...I found an Ebook: Emotional Eating 101, I got the book Shrink Yourself and have read the first 56 pages, and am eager to incorporate the "12 therapy Sessions" while I go through Phase 1...has anyone else on Ideal Protein found, though the food for ideal is right, they need to maybe incorporate some sort of therapy to beat the food addiction once and for all?
I am just throwing this out there...
Anything you can do to connect with the hunger that you are feeding that leads to your overweight situations has to be helpful to you for the long haul. Yo-yo dieting is not good for the body, and certainly not good for the psyche - so if the books are helping you, that's terrific. I am finding great support from the Primal Potential podcasts I mention and provide links to in an earlier post in this thread - and I signed up for a webinar series that's a help working on building the healthy habits needed to replace the lifetime of bad habits.