Old 06-22-2016, 06:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/294/175

Height: 5'5

Default Athletic Protocol

Hi! Is anybody doing the Ideal Protein athletic protocol?

I would love to see/hear your results. Im starting it today and I have my doubts about how much I will lose. I have done normal IP and am currently on Ideal Protein using alternative products, but I'm going to be transitioning into the athletic protocol. Please any input is welcome, even hear/say!
Rayasaurass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #2  

I think that I am. Is this athletic protocol the same thing as the IP alternative phase one with the additions from the 3 groups? If so, I just started this on Monday. I love it. I can exercise, and I don't have the headaches, lethargy, or cravings (so far, anyway) that I had on Phase 1 strict. I had great success with this diet the first time around, and I am expecting the same great results. I am expecting this to be slower, but I am fine with that. This is my 3rd day, and I am quite surprised that I'm experiencing less hunger and I feel more focused and energetic.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/294/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
I think that I am. Is this athletic protocol the same thing as the IP alternative phase one with the additions from the 3 groups? If so, I just started this on Monday. I love it. I can exercise, and I don't have the headaches, lethargy, or cravings (so far, anyway) that I had on Phase 1 strict. I had great success with this diet the first time around, and I am expecting the same great results. I am expecting this to be slower, but I am fine with that. This is my 3rd day, and I am quite surprised that I'm experiencing less hunger and I feel more focused and energetic.
Yep thats the one! Ok great. I am expecting losses to be slower as well, but i do expect inches to come off faster due to fat converting to muscle and whatnot.
Rayasaurass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:33 AM   #4  

How are you doing so far? I did 4 days with no loss. I'm wondering if on the days I don't work out if I should eliminate the groups.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
How are you doing so far? I did 4 days with no loss. I'm wondering if on the days I don't work out if I should eliminate the groups.
Explore - when I first began IP last December I was working out 3-4 times a week, burning 500-600 calories per session, per my heart monitor. My couch advised that I follow the Alternative program ONLY on the days that I worked out - I sort of thought of it as a reward system, really. Too, I figured that the calories I burned were "cancelled" out with a piece of Ezekiel bread, a piece of fruit, and some feta on my salad or a cheese stick.

However, I have decided to forgo the gym for the last segment of my journey, as my mindset is following the rules as close to the money as possible, for this home stretch, will get me there quicker.

So, seeing as how I can NEVER give a short answer, here is my short answer: I only did the Alternative program on the days I worked out!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #6  

Lynn Margaret- thank you for that info. That makes a lot more sense. I might try that. Did that take you in and out of ketosis?
Old 06-24-2016, 06:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Lynn Margaret- thank you for that info. That makes a lot more sense. I might try that. Did that take you in and out of ketosis?
You know, I'm really not sure. I never did ketosis testing and never really paid attention to ketosis signs, per se. It's funny when I read on the boards, and really, I read way way way WAY back, deep into threads before starting IP, mostly about alcohol and exercise (as separate topics, not at the same time!), that people would say "I exercised since day one and it did not stall my losses" or even, and I swear I read this, "I have had a glass of chardonnay every day since day one and it has not stalled my losses!". I just makes me wonder "Uhm, how do you know that?". If you have not worked the program WITHOUT that factor (alcohol or workout), how do you know it has not had an effect?

So, I am not sure if working out took me in and out of ketosis. But to give you an example:
1/5 WI: 162.2
1/7 60 minute workout: 468 calories burned
1/11 60 minute workout: 570 calories burned
1/12 WI: 158.4=3.8 pound loss! Which is "big", in my eyes.
1/14 60 minute workout: 598 calories burned
1/16 60 minute workout: 650 calories burned
1/19 WI: 157.8= .6 pound loss! Uhm, not very big, but of course a loss is a loss. I don't have my measurement records in front of me right now, so can't tell you what might have been accomplished in that department. Although, this sheet I'm reading from tells me it was TOM.

And crazily enough, this is the first time I've sat down and CRUNCHED any kind of numbers but just with this small-ish sample, the week that I worked out (x2) at a lower rate (uhm, you know, like THEY TELL US TO), I lost really well. But now that I look at it, that second week, I probably felt like such a ROCK STAR, being in the 150s and after a 3.8 loss, I cranked up the dial and went TO TOWN during those next two workouts (uhm, like THEY TELL US NOT TO) and my loss was much smaller.

OMGosh I'm not sure I'm helping any here, and I might just be getting stuck in my own head! But again, I don't have the capacity for short answers - I think you will be fine doing the ALT/ATHLETIC program on your work out days!

Good luck!
ETA: please don't use my overall stats as a genuine reflection of The Program, proper re: start date/where I am now. I had six traveling/social obligations over seven weekends between Jan and March (a cruise, Boston, Atlanta, New Orleans, and two weekends of out of town guests) where I was not 100% OP. Not even close. A poster child, I am not.

Last edited by Lynn Margaret; 06-24-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote