Old 07-11-2016, 07:08 AM   #16  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Well, I dipped below 140 briefly, but as I thought, it was water weight and I've been hovering around 141 ever since. At least things are going generally in the right direction. Over the last year or so, I've found it incredibly difficult to get back on track and kept sabotaging myself, too. At least I've been sticking with the plan for the last 10 days. Took me long enough to get to this point to make a change! My DH said he was proud of me for the commitment last night.

Last edited by bubbleblower; 07-11-2016 at 03:50 PM.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Liana: I haven't been to Houston in over 20 years but...I highly recommend going to NASA. The last time I was there they had the old Titan rockets on the grounds and the museum inside is very educational and interesting. The bike ride sounds great but be prepared...Houston is very, very humid, even in December. If you are in to shopping, then visit the Galleria, plus it's a break from the heat. There are also some underground tunnels in Downtown that are kind of cool. If you are into museums, the Museum district is lovely. I wouldn't recommend taking a drive to Galveston, the beaches are gross from the cruise ships. But... if you have time, drive down to South Padre Island. Lovely unspoiled beaches, wildlife galore. I was there in April and it was beautiful. It's about a 6 hour drive from Houston. If you look on TripAdvisor, there are lots of recommendations for fun things to do from folks who have been to Houston much more recently than I have.

Bubbleblower: Yay for reboots! Glad you are having early success. That is a big motivator. The only place I know of to get IP products online is Amazon and I seem to remember they were more expensive than at a clinic. Some of the IP products just don't have a good equivalent in the Alternates but I got used to it. My two fav soups are Healthsmart's Cream of Broccoli and also the Mushroom.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #18  
Started IP 12/6/12

Andrea, thanks so much for the tips on the other Healthsmart soups. I'll have to give them a try. My favorite IP soup used to be the broccoli and cheese, so it's nice to hear that there's another similar one that might fit the bill!
Old 07-11-2016, 08:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Sunday is my end of shift so I'm actually posting at 2:40 AM Mon... Almost done work. Only 1 hr til I start unlocking all the city & park washrooms, the easy part of the job. Congrats on the photo promo gig, bubbleblower! I was good today until I found a 95g bar of fairtrade Belgian chocolate with matcha green tea in it for only $1.48. Oh my goodness! Yum, but at least I shared it with DH. I seem to not want to get back to under 140 these days despite what I say. I need to stop the self-sabotage with "good deals." grrrr
Liana
It's so great to have a supportive partner in this, bubbleblower. I think it's a great boost when you are feeling blah about where you are at.

Well.... after all the blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine...
I was under 140 this morning at 139.2.
I need to keep off the scale except for once a week right now. Otherwise I think I just obsess and that never helped anyone's weight.

Looking back I suppose the question was somewhat silly, Andrea, as Texas is a pretty big state and why would I think you've ever been to Houston at all for that matter? Not necessary if you live in Dallas, lol. Kinda like tourists I meet in other countries who say to me "Oh, hey! I met a guy from Haida Gwaii in your province once. Do you know him? Can you tell me what to see & do there?" As it is a two day drive and an overnight ferry ride away from me, I just smile and give the basics in information - no insider tips here .
I do thank you for your humidity tips though... I will have to plan exercise accordingly (like when we were in the Philippines). DH & are a both space nuts and for sure we will go to NASA. We went to the one in Pensacola, FL and saw the actual Mercury capsule. Wow, how tiny to be stuck in there for such a momentous journey. One day we will go to the Space coast in FL, I think.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-11-2016 at 08:10 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #20  
Started IP 12/6/12

Nice job, Liana! My scale is stuck at 140.2 right now. I wish I could keep myself from weighing so often but I've never been able to ween myself away from the daily weigh-in.

When most of you do a reboot are you going back to a strict P1 diet? I've been sticking pretty close, but have been adding a supplement when/if I need it in the afternoon and I can't say I'm strictly measuring protein or veggies. In any event, it seems to be doing the trick. I think the biggest things for me were cutting out the carbs that had sneaked into my diet and also cutting out wine. (Can't believe I've gone 12 days without a glass of red wine. LOL. Don't think I've done that since that last time I was on the plan. )
Old 07-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #21  

Technically, my reboot is not a reboot. It is kind of P2 Alternative Plan, lol. Although I still eat a lot more fat than P2 Alternative suggests. All my dairy is full fat right now (like 10% Plain Greek Yogourt). I am just eyeballing measurements and may have to check with proper utensils again. My main tweak to get things down is to not eat those bad combos like tortilla chips. I also still don't eat high carb veggies much at all (carrots, peas...) but I must admit I eat far too many Quest Bars, lol. I do have other protein powders available for breakfast shakes, snacks etc, but let's face it... they don't taste the same as a Quest Bar - much lower in calories/fat/carbs. The bars are just easier to take for a snack to work when I am lazy, instead of 'real' food.

Liana
Old 07-12-2016, 03:18 PM   #22  
Started IP 12/6/12

I had been eating two Quest bars on a typical day. (Yep, quick, easy, and tasty (now that they tweaked the recipe again!)) Now I'm limiting to one, at least until I get back to goal. I also started doing my morning shake in the blender instead of just a shaker and that seems to help keep me full until lunch. Since I can't eat gluten, at least I'm used to staying away from a lot of the foods that used to tempt me. I'm sure, though, that my 'improvised' plan is higher in fat than strict P1.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:52 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

I've always liked my shakes really thick, so I made them in a blender with LOTS of ice and less water. I saw this article recently that says a thick shake makes you feel fuller.
Besides, it takes longer to drink them through a straw that way too

http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-s...cial_facebook+
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #24  
Started IP 12/6/12

Makes sense, and definitely seems to be working for me. Don't know why I've not done it in the past - except for the one time I tried adding spinach to a chocolate shake. (Although I know a lot of people seem to like them it didn't get rave reviews from me and I never made one again.)
Old 07-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #25  

Breakfast for me is more about getting it over with, lol. I can't be bothered with fuss when I'm at home. But I do like omelettes, and other good stuff for breakfast when travelling. I have never been a good morning person - can't hardly function until several hours after I get up. To think I used to get up at 4:20 am when I worked at a gym....
Old 07-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

bubbleblower: I am doing a P1 reboot on the Alternative (Diabetic) plan. I ordered from packets from Nashua, but when that stuff is gone, if I haven't gotten back to 140, I'll go to a more modified P2, no more packets. I'll use the protein powder that I have, EAS shakes that I get at Sam's and my Mission and Oatmega bars and Quest Chips that I can get at GNC. The new formula of the Quest bars was a real turnoff for me. Are you saying they reformulated again and took out all the corn stuff?

For me, it's staying away from the sugar that is hard. We have so much "food"(insert donuts, cupcakes, cookies, breakfast tacos) here at work all the time and that is where I get into trouble. At home I know I can't have peanut butter in the house. I can't seem to stop myself after that first tablespoon. I had a weird jump in weight this week, but I think it was because sodium was high the day before. Drinking lots of water trying to flush it out.

Liana: I don't mind you asking about stuff to do here. Most of the people I know here have done pretty extensive travelling in our state. My reason for visiting Houston all those years ago is that my mother is buried there. I lived there when I was quite young, but we moved to Dallas after she passed. If you really like music, and I know you do, Austin has some great live music every night on 6th street. Many a night I have spent there in my misspent youth!!

Blueskies: My favorite shakes are the ones I make in the blender with protein powder, spinach and half an avocado(when not rebooting) and ice cubes. Very satisfying and keeps me full until lunch. It's what I had for breakfast this morning as a matter of fact, but without the avocado.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:33 AM   #27  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
bubbleblower: I am doing a P1 reboot on the Alternative (Diabetic) plan. I ordered from packets from Nashua, but when that stuff is gone, if I haven't gotten back to 140, I'll go to a more modified P2, no more packets. I'll use the protein powder that I have, EAS shakes that I get at Sam's and my Mission and Oatmega bars and Quest Chips that I can get at GNC. The new formula of the Quest bars was a real turnoff for me. Are you saying they reformulated again and took out all the corn stuff?

For me, it's staying away from the sugar that is hard. We have so much "food"(insert donuts, cupcakes, cookies, breakfast tacos) here at work all the time and that is where I get into trouble. At home I know I can't have peanut butter in the house. I can't seem to stop myself after that first tablespoon. I had a weird jump in weight this week, but I think it was because sodium was high the day before. Drinking lots of water trying to flush it out.
Thanks for the info. Sounds kind of like what I'm doing. The Quest bars have been reformulated but still have the corn fiber. However, they taste much better and have a better texture that when they first changed them. And re: the salt, the same thing happens to me and can really affect my weight on the scale the next day. Right now I'm fluctuating between 139.8 and 140.2 on pretty much a daily basis. Can't wait until I break that barrier and it sticks!
Old 07-16-2016, 01:06 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi ladies,

Bubble blower, great job on the reboot! I remember you from previous posts, you'd go on great scuba diving trips , I think that was you.

I find it almost impossible to do strict P1 for reboot but find I can do it about 90% right and that works.

I have switched my shakes to BOOMER nutrition you can only get in Canada I believe but may be able to order off amazon. Counts are pretty much same as IP but 20 gram protein. The container costs 32 and you can make easily 15-20 drinks. I always water mine down and add ice thinking that will fill me up longer. I may have to try thickening it.
I use IP shakes for work tho when needed. They are easy to shake in the shaker.

Andrea - that's to bad you aren't getting on long rides. Hopefully things cool down soon. Hoping to swim 1.5km tomorrow and bike for 40km. I love biking so much more than running but still find it lots of work!

Liana - my dad is struggling but the cottage is gone now and that was a stress packing it all up so we're holding he will bounce back a bit this week. So hard.

I'm maintaining my wt which is taking daily work and planning. Really focusing on the weekends and to be where I was Friday on Monday.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #29  
Started IP 12/6/12

Hi Jenny! I remember you, too. We still go diving frequently and I'm still shooting photos. We also went on our first river cruise in Europe with Uniworld last year and enjoyed it so much we came home and immediately booked another for this year for the Christmas Markets. It's so hot this summer it's fun to think about being in cooler weather in a few months.

I had been really good about staying away from carbs, but splurged a bit this weekend and am paying for it now. Time to get back on track!
Old 07-19-2016, 03:41 AM   #30  

Ahhh, bubbleblower, river cruising is on my list, but Summer is CRAZY for work here. Both of us going 24/7 it seems until after September for me and after November for hubby. Then things finally calm down enough to take some time off. I've been through most of Western Europe on my own, but would like to cruise on the Danube to the Black Sea or Volga - St. Petersburg to Moscow.
But I'm too cheap to pay the $200-$300/day/person that it costs. I think that's outrageous.

Jenny, hoping your dad is doing a bit better....

Liana