Old 06-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #61  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyKeen1 View Post
Hi all! Just entered my first WI while on the challenge. It's my week 3 WI while on IP and I lost just 1/2lb! Gotta say, I'm disappointed after losing 8.5 and 5 at Weeks 1 and 2. I've been OP the whole time. My coach thinks it's b/c I added the ICE drink to my diet. I drink about 8 oz at dinner. It has 0 calories/fat/carbs and sweetened with Sucrolose. She said the Sucrolose causes an insulin response and keeps me from losing. That sounds odd to me b/c my IP daily videos state that you can use Splenda and they promote the use of Walden Farms products in their recipe videos which also contains Splenda. In fact, doesn't IP itself use sucralose in their own products? So why would the sucralose in ICE cause my weight loss to slow down? Confused. I'll stop drinking ICE this week and see what happens.

Dina123: way to go on your breakfast choice! Even if you are not on IP, I hope you stay with us. Who knows, by monitoring this challenge and our weight loss each week, you may get a better idea of whether you want to start IP yourself.

USMCVet: Way to go!
My clinic tells us to limit ourselves to 5 packets of Splenda a day. I don't know how much is in ICE butt he first time around I would limit them to once a week and usually at the beginning of a new week to distance any effects on my next WI.. They also have a fair amount of sodium I think, but it's been awhile since I've had one.
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #62  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

up 6 pounds...wasn't on plan, had a different WI and had a meal less than an hour before, and have extensions in my hair that I did no weigh before having them added (they'llnbe out b4 end of challenge). I'm on track as of today. Stuff happens.
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 210/210/190

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayweight View Post
up 6 pounds...wasn't on plan, had a different WI and had a meal less than an hour before, and have extensions in my hair that I did no weigh before having them added (they'llnbe out b4 end of challenge). I'm on track as of today. Stuff happens.
I went up a few pounds too, always happens after weekend. I have to get back on track.
Dina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:28 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 185.8/138.6/135.8

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks CarrotsAreMyLife, usmcvet and CO_6! I still can't believe the success of this plan. Now that I am closing in on my goal I may adjust down a bit more and see if I can maybe lose another 10? That would put me right in the middle of the "ideal" range for my height. I'm so happy to have found this forum as I have done this all with alternative products (and as much real food as possible) and owe much of my success to the info and support of this forum. 5 months in I feel a true lifestyle change has taken hold and hope that once I'm in maintenance I can continue to keep the weight off and keep improving my body.

Great losses this week, keep up the good work everyone!
maybeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Does anyone have tips on how they get through weekends OP? The first time around I had no problem, but I am definitely struggling on weekends now. Help
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:41 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 245/191/165

Height: 5'7"

CO 6- I too will be interested to see what others have to say. For me, it's planning. You usually know about special events or what's going on for the weekend. Spending time thinking about what I will eat, planning to make sure there will be a veggie plate available and other good foods really helps. I even go over in my mind what I will say if I'm offered desserts etc. So in short....PLAN AHEAD! It doesn't just happen, as we all know. It takes thought and planning to make it through weekends and special events.
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 185.8/138.6/135.8

Height: 5' 2"

CO_6 for me the main tip I have is to just treat weekends as if they are just another week day. I know that may sound silly but what I mean is try to keep you schedule and meal plan as similar to a weekday as possible. What seems to be giving you trouble on the weekends? Is it social obligations or is the lack of structure of the week/work day? Or do you just feel like you need blow off some steam because it's the weekend?

Plan Ahead: I agree with imfree that planning plays a big role, if you know you have to attend a dinner/event/function plan ahead by bringing something you know you can eat, eat before or find out if there will be something you can eat. I have to admit I only ate out maybe 5 times in the last five months and only and specifically chosen places that I knew the menu. I attended a few parties/dinners and friends and made sure to bring a dish to share that was OP. More often then not I just made sure to eat before I left and brought a RTD shake or bar in case I got hungry.

Keep busy: I also found it helped to fill my free time with activities I really enjoy. Working in my garden, walking and hiking, and keeping busy with other projects. It's much easier to keep your mind off all the things you can't eat when you are busy doing something you love. Not to mention the bonus of light exercise like walking is twofold, distraction and improving your fitness.

Allow yourself a treat: Before starting the plan I drank socially most weekends. Meeting friends for happy hour or what not. I haven't had a drink since I started IP and have been surprised by how little I've missed it. I still do meet friends out sometimes and just have a club soda. But occasionally when I do feel like I just need something special, because TGIF, I'll have a very small piece of 74% cocao dark chocolate or a small piece of very good cheese. These little treats are not specifically OP but at only a few carbs each I haven't had them cause me to go out of ketosis but YMMV. There are also plenty of protocol friendly recipes for things that feel like "cheats" but aren't.

Mostly staying consistent is what has worked for me. After a few weeks it all became automatic and you don't really even think about it much. Hope that helps!
maybeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:56 PM   #68  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Go Maybeface! Wonderful job! I started when you did but fell off the wagon the past 3.5 months...seeing where you are reminds me of where I could be - but I have to focus that everyone is on a different journey. In summary - I'm so happy for you and am trying to use your success as yet another motivational tool.

Ahhh guys - I have great news to share and hoping sharing it and writing it out will prevent me from cheating like I want to tonight. I'm stressed from having to deal with Comcast - had to change my whole plan for them today and from 2:11pm until 5 minutes ago have been in contact with them. Nothing is resolved, but they say they will resolve it by tomorrow. I spoke with 8 different people and had to go through the silly call information voice system 7 times to speak with different people until one was (hopefully) able to help. Seems like I'm just paying them to stress me out lately Go figure - that's a lot of money that could be going to IP, ya know?! lol

Anyhow the great news is my coach and I have been trying to get me back on track since March, what helped me be on track when I started in January was a group with tracking and after that stopped, I sort of stopped. I know this is my journey, but it's far better when not doing it alone, even when it's folk you don't even know and can't even see. Well, two weeks ago no one was posting to the spreadsheets - some not even the starting weight and, although it shouldn't, it impacted me not being able to start. In addition, I put in hair extensions weighing probably about 2 pounds...and at weigh-in I was up six pounds!!! The highest I'd been since February. Yikes!!! Well, what do yo u know - you all started posting here - with ideas, the journey, and your losses - and that inspired me to run the race with you all. It's not about winning the race - as I feel everyone running it will win and they will cross the finish line on July 4th, it's just well thank you all so much - because you have encouraged me to get up and run again - run to the goals I don't think I deserve sometimes or fight the thoughts against it will never happen. This week, with hair extensions still in, I'm down 9.2 pounds since last week!!!!! Only think is there was both even fat muscle loss it seems - my coach is such a sweety - she didn't want to touch on that too much today - she said I wasn't taking time to celebrate being back in ketosis after trying for over 3 months - or that I have my smallest weight since being with her - particularly given my stress and refusal to quit over the time. I cheated - fell out of ketosis and then for months I couldn't make it past 1-1.5 days on the plan. By the night the second day I would find a way to get the sugar/carbs in - no one could ever convince me otherwise that 1) sugar is not an addictive substance; and 2) I'm an addict. My coach said just no exercise/power walking/slow down my pace - and that when I see her in two weeks, we'll see what the numbers are and if there looks to be like a muscle loss issue we'll discuss that then.

Thank you all again and please keep up with this *challenge* and the next from July to Labor Day and through this thread. No matter if you think your journey is fast or super slow - you can and most likely are an influence by sharing your struggles and doing something that may seem so small - giving updates on your week and WI - no matter what the results are - as long as you share and maybe if WI is not what you want then if explain what could have happened or ask for info. (that helps those also struggling feel not alone in the fight - well, you ARE encouraging others like myself and helping us on our journeys. It's not only the ones that are 100% all the time or ones that lose quickly that can influence - we all can and do! ***hugs****

Last edited by Kayweight; 06-11-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:15 PM   #69  

Thanks for the encouraging post Kayweight!! And way to go on the weight loss. 9.2 lbs is amazing! Keep it up!
lizziebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:33 PM   #70  

Well, I only lost 1lb this week. I am such a slowwww loser!
But, there is still some good news. Drum roll, please! I'm now in Onederland! Never again will my weight start with a 2. Yahoo!
RealNatalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:29 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 210/210/190

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealNatalia View Post
Well, I only lost 1lb this week. I am such a slowwww loser!
But, there is still some good news. Drum roll, please! I'm now in Onederland! Never again will my weight start with a 2. Yahoo!

Congrats to you RealNatalia
Dina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 227/204/127

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone,

I'm late entering last week's WI, but it's in the spreadsheet now. Down 3 lbs! I was shocked b/c my home scale, which has been reliable, showed me up two pounds. I gave up all splenda by mid week. I don't know if that's what did it, but I'm afraid to use splenda at all now -- even the half packet I like to use in my once-a-day cup of coffee. I'm feeling good about this week and can't wait for WI on Thursday. I can breathe while wearing jeans again. It's the little victories that make such a difference, yes?

@Pish Posh - thanks for your info on Splenda.
@Kayweight - Amazing! Weigh to go, Girl!
@Real Natalia - You too! I hope to join you in Onederland soon.
@Dina - You got this. You can do it.
@CO_6 re weekends: Let us know what's troubling you about the weekends. I'm sure some of us are having the same trouble you are.
@Mabeface: How, how do you not miss the wine at social occasions? It's killing me. Really, it's the only thing that truly tempts me right now. It's so hard not to want to sit outside in this gorgeous weather with friends at a bar-b-q and not have a glass of wine in my hand to sip on. I guess it's hard for me bc it's really the only product that I can't find a viable OP substitute. Oh well, I know this way is better for me.

Good Perseverance everyone! Onward and downward!
Peach
PeachyKeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:41 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Peechykeen Wine is my vice also, but i have found something that works!!! For me it's replacing a habit...instead of wine I will have seltzer water with either a lime or a squirt of mio and I drink it in a wine glass. Not too bad!!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Down 2.6. I'll take it! Thank you all SO much for starting this Challenge! I'm now FOUR pounds from original goal, which I had hoped/am hoping to achieve by end of June (though my coach likes to get people 5 pounds under). I'm hoping "Sheet 1" of this doc will see me finish P1, and "Sheet 2" will get me through P2, P3 and into P4.

Keep at it everyone! Also, per the discussion above, CO_6, Peechykeen and Kelly, my Achilles heels are weekends in general and wine in general!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #75  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Glad to see everyone doing well! I'm finally in the 230s, ugh. Only lost 3lbs in the last 2 weeks and when I get frustrated/anxious, I seem to disappear from here.

I need to go back to the basics and do the plain version of the plan. Once I got "fancy" with recipes and changes, it seems like I slowed down on the scale. And if I drink too many other things (ICE, MIO, etc.) my plain water intake seems to suffer. I think it's all in my head.

Can't wait to read all of the updates! The numbers on the spreadsheet look amazing, people are doing awesome!
CarrotsAreMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote