Old 04-13-2016, 01:58 AM   #1  

Default Overnight Worker (when to eat meals)

Hello, I am looking into the alternatives for Ideal Protein, and am looking for some feedback, on what people would suggest for eating times, as i work night shift. my shifts are 7pm-7am, or 9pm-7am. So i am in bed by 8am, and i sleep until 2pm. I never know if i should just do breakfast when i get home, sleep then do a late lunch when im up at 3ish and then supper at say 8 or 9? Issue with that is i am up at work all night and usually starving. So should i do breakfast when i get up after 2pm?? Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
lisavautour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #2  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

I think you may have to experiment with this. I don't thing the program considered alternative work schedules when it was developed. That being said, make sure you eat something every few hours. I was thinking maybe switching the order of breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Perhaps you eat a packet at 3pm (like breakfast), then have a meal with veggies around the start of your earlier shift around 7pm (like dinner), then eat a packet with veggies around 10pm (like lunch), and then have your snack right before bedtime at 1am.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 306/264/150

Height: 5'6"

I work 3:30-Midnight, so what I've been doing is eating "breakfast" when I get up in the afternoon, eating my "dinner" on my lunch break at work, and then eating my "lunch" when I get home from work. I split a snack up between my first two and last two meals. Seems to keep me going well enough while at work. Hope this helps!
Positraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #4  

Thanks for the input. I agree probly breakfast should be 3 pm and go from there
lisavautour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisavautour View Post
Hello, I am looking into the alternatives for Ideal Protein, and am looking for some feedback, on what people would suggest for eating times, as i work night shift. my shifts are 7pm-7am, or 9pm-7am. So i am in bed by 8am, and i sleep until 2pm. I never know if i should just do breakfast when i get home, sleep then do a late lunch when im up at 3ish and then supper at say 8 or 9? Issue with that is i am up at work all night and usually starving. So should i do breakfast when i get up after 2pm?? Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
Hi lisavautour: I work from 20:30-05:30 including drive time. I go to bed as soon as I get home (by 06:00 for sure), try to sleep til 13:00 (usually it's noon ) then get up & take my pre-breakfast pills & have my cup of black coffee. By 14:00 I have 'breakfast.' My DH gets home at 17:00 pm and we eat dinner by 18:30/19:00. I eat a mini dinner/lunch/largish snack around 00:30 or 01:00 then that is usually it. I may have a small snack between my 14:00 breakfast and my 19:00 supper if I need it. Works perfect.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm new to IP, but I did Atkins years ago and worked nights for 9 years (7pm-7:30am) maintaining through much of it. I'd eat at 5:30pm. Small lunch at 10pm. Dinner at 2am, snack at 5am. Kept me going through the night. When in ketosis or maintaining with very low glycemic foods in my system made it easier than when I turned to sugar and chocolate to keep me going. Hard though.
SE72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eating schedule, overnights, shift work