Old 04-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #1  
IP Start 01/10/2015

S/C/G: 284/204/199

Height: 5'5"

Default 2016 IP Reboot w/ Alternatives & My Booty!

Hello everyone,

I appreciate everyone's help in my previous post and have scoured the IP posts on alternatives but still am a bit unsure and need more guidance. I have found the Alts for the supplements and RMD Vanilla Drink but I'm hoping for specific suggestions based on the following staples:

- Brocolli & Cheese Soup
- Double Chocolate Brownie
- Chocolate Drink Mix

I have been off IP since January 24 and have gained about 10-15 lbs. I notice my butt/bum/booty is coming back. But so is fat in other places, love handles making a reappearance as well. I really don't like how I've lost my butt during this journey, but I have enjoyed the weight loss and being back in a size 14. I'm really happy I found Ideal Protein because nothing else worked for years and I have missed it.

But I've decided with this reboot to get these final 50 lbs off, I need to do some exercise i.e. Squats/yoga/Pilates to keep my butt shaped and tone. I've always been curvy and was shocked to see the odd square, dimpled shape my butt turned into while losing weight. Any feedback or suggestions are always welcome, also if I'm excercising, which I wasn't before, do I need an additional packet. I was using 3 during my 80 lb weightloss from Jan 2015 to Jan 2016.

Thanks All!

Nicole

Last edited by nicolenh; 04-06-2016 at 02:27 PM.
nicolenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/134/130

Height: 5'6"

You look amazing! I don't know about the alternatives but I was told by my coach that if I exercise that I do need to have another packet. ��
Proudmama2maet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #3  
IP Start 01/10/2015

Thanks so much Proudmama, I'm working hard to get back on track and loose these last 50 lbs! I do believe another packet is needed when working out.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 179/165/140

Height: 5'6"

I have never posted to a thread so forgive me if I do it wrong.

I started my plan 2/24/16 at 180
today I am 152
goal 140

I will start be saying that I am a sugar addict.

I am using all alternatives I really like the Advantage Edge carb control shakes Rich dark chocolate and chocolate fudge (chocolate cravings) the vanilla is super too.
Some mornings if I am craving coffee, I take my tall 20oz cup with straw to the coffee shop and get 2 shots of espresso over ice and add a shake. Tastes like an iced mocha.

Great job getting back on track, good luck.
Aggie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:01 PM   #5  
IP Start 01/10/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie45 View Post
I have never posted to a thread so forgive me if I do it wrong.

I started my plan 2/24/16 at 180
today I am 152
goal 140

I will start be saying that I am a sugar addict.

I am using all alternatives I really like the Advantage Edge carb control shakes Rich dark chocolate and chocolate fudge (chocolate cravings) the vanilla is super too.
Some mornings if I am craving coffee, I take my tall 20oz cup with straw to the coffee shop and get 2 shots of espresso over ice and add a shake. Tastes like an iced mocha.

Great job getting back on track, good luck.
Aggie,

First CONGRATS on your success! I lost the bulk of my weight on the original IP program and started my reboot with Alternatives this past Friday but I'm struggling a little finding the right Alternatives. I too have found the Advantage EAS shakes, but initially got the wrong Premier Protein (too high in protein) and the Muscle Milk which was wayyy too sweet. I am on a tight budget and fear I will waste money trying to find alternatives I can live with but the IP costs are just too high for me right now.

One of my staples on IP was the Ready Made Vanilla Drink + my morning Coffee and a few eggs, I loved that! I'm struggling finding a shake with similar consistency. I used the Advantage French Vanilla this morning and it was okay. I think I'm going to have to order from Nashua, but again fear I'm spending more money trying to find the right thing instead of just staying on original IP vs. alternatives.

I recently discovered an awesome Facebook Ideal Protein Alternative group and made Cauliflower Rice last night, it was pretty good! They have some great resources out there to try and clear up being 100% on Alts.

Thanks for posting your first post to me, you did fine!
Old 04-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #6  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

For people who exercise in P1, you should also be consuming BCAAs - Branched Chain Amino Acids. IP has introduced them to be used by all P1 dieters in the first 2-3 weeks, and for dieters who exercise. BCAAs have been shown to help preserve muscle mass while losing fat. You can find BCAAs at any health food store, like GNC, or online. I use the MusclePharm brand.

BCAAs don't count as a packet, but do watch for a brand that doesn't have excessive carbs.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #7  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolenh View Post
Aggie,

I am on a tight budget and fear I will waste money trying to find alternatives I can live with but the IP costs are just too high for me right now.

One of my staples on IP was the Ready Made Vanilla Drink + my morning Coffee and a few eggs, I loved that! I'm struggling finding a shake with similar consistency. I think I'm going to have to order from Nashua, but again fear I'm spending more money trying to find the right thing instead of just staying on original IP vs. alternatives. !
Nicolenh - You made know this already, but the Proti-Thin Anytime Vanilla or Chocolate RTD drinks are the same as the IP RTD drinks. They are half the price and I've been using the chocolate one for quite a while now. This week there is a sale on these at Nashua Nutrition. Find the code on the page that has the weekly promotions.

Also - if you join their "Lifetime Diet Club" (that sounds discouraging, doesn't it? ) you get 10% everything you buy - forever! It costs about 25-30 dollars, but I've made that back in discounts many times over.

Hope this helps!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #8  

I have always used Premier Protein and has worked fine, have I been using the wrong thing?
pinkspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:38 PM   #9  
IP Start 01/10/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkspeedy View Post
I have always used Premier Protein and has worked fine, have I been using the wrong thing?
Hi Pink, if it is Premier Protein with 30 grams of protein, you should only drink 3/4 of it to ensure it is in protocol. The IP protein is 12-23 grams, if it is above 23 grams, you should drink 1/2 or 3/4 based on the original protocol assuming all other factors are within the protocol.

Hope that helps!

Nicole

Last edited by nicolenh; 05-26-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:41 PM   #10  
IP Start 01/10/2015

Hello Joysh, I'm ordering the ProtiThin today ... I'm finally ready because I miss the IP Vanilla RMD with my coffee so much! Thank you for the reminder and gentle push in the right direction!
Old 05-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #11  
IP Start 01/10/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
For people who exercise in P1, you should also be consuming BCAAs - Branched Chain Amino Acids. IP has introduced them to be used by all P1 dieters in the first 2-3 weeks, and for dieters who exercise. BCAAs have been shown to help preserve muscle mass while losing fat. You can find BCAAs at any health food store, like GNC, or online. I use the MusclePharm brand.

BCAAs don't count as a packet, but do watch for a brand that doesn't have excessive carbs.
Hello HereIStand,

This is great to know, I'll have to subscribe to the Ideal Protein Facebook to keep on top of the introductions. I do plan to start Yoga/Pilates next month. Are you saying you use capsules or powder, not sure I can add another pill to all the supplements we already need to take but I can try!

Nicole