Old 02-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #121  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quick check-in....

I went to the pool yesterday and swam 15 minutes of freestyle laps and was exhausted. Pitiful. LOL. But then I found a flotation belt and did 30 minutes of deep water running, which was much more of a workout than I expected. I managed to get my HR up around 110-120 (it's 150-ish when I run). When I got home, I researched aqua jogging and found out it's a great exercise for maintaining your fitness level, so I shouldn't lose a lot of ground. It's pretty boring, but I think I can do it for at least 30 minutes, maybe 60, on a daily basis, and get into that mental zen place. And it's a pretty decent calorie burner. So I feel better about having that option!

Still had leg/pelvic pain afterward, though, so I'm anxious to get to the doctor next week and maybe figure out exactly what I should and shouldn't be doing.

Great 1st day on P1. I feel like I lost at least a couple of pounds of water weight already. I have to admit, the mindlessness of eating P1 is kind of nice - no serious planning or decision making involved.

I have swimming, errands, and a meeting tonight on my agenda, so I have to get going. Hope everyone's having a good day.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:14 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

HIS good to hear the water exercises seem to be the answer (temporary though it may be) to keeping you in shape till you get all fixed up and healed.

Beth a fun weekend for you, and I know you'll shine in the race. So ...Valentine's Day Race, eh??...do you get a big box of chocolates if you win???? OK, maybe just one

I had an early (for me) mtg this morning, had to leave at 6:30 so decided to delay breakfast, got home at 9:30 and had muesli, almond milk, blueberries and yogurt, and a spoonful of PB. Loving this! OIAJ tomorrow because I have to be out all morning, so I'll have to eat before I go.
I'm a little bit bummed out today. I decided to treat myself to a bit of a spa day (facial, leg wax) before vacay next week, we've had a little snowstorm here overnight, and some of their staff could get in. But I'll go Fri aft instead. I'm calling this part of my phasing off treat
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
You're so kind. Yeah, I'm kind of worried about repeated dips in and out of ketosis. But the scale is up enough that I'm scared. I have to take serious action before things get further out of hand.

I told Bra Lady on one of her posts a couple of weeks ago that I didn't think her BF was as low as the clinic scale said, but I congratulated her on getting fit and staying healthy. Kudos to her for working out, you know? But I really don't want to start my day with coffee and her sports bra. ugh.

I'm so excited for your run this week. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Meant to mention the other day- CONGRATS to your daughter!!! That's wonderful news!
Thank you for being such a good example- it's at a point and you are jumping back in to P1
I am so glad that I am not the only one who really has had enough of bra-lady. Every, bloody, day...and then the post yesterday- glad to see she's doing so amazing- but an exception or whatever? Hats off to her, but - well, if I say what I'm thinking, I would probably be a bit catty- so I won't- but I look at my loose flesh with losing over 80 lbs, I'm surprised that she has as much as she does with her bf being as low as it is, and as physical as she is. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Happy Camel Day my friends!
Starting to get antsy about the trip - what we're going to need to pack, what to wear, making sure the laundry is done, what snacks I want to pack (and won't cause tummy issues Saturday morning) etc...we're giving ourselves an extra 1/2 a day by going down Friday morning - but things like the foam roller MUST not be forgotten I can get more clothes, but I NEED my foam roller
Trying to plan for Friday nights dinner too...DH thinks I'm getting a little anal but like I told him, I know what my body likes / can tolerate and don't want to mess with that!
I want a good 8oz steak, sweet potato, and mixed veggies (like squash / carrots). I would be ok with cooked broccoli - a small amount, with butter too
You'll get it all figured out, I don't doubt that for a minute!! You will do great- I am very excited for you and I think in light of how hard you have worked, you have earned the right to be as anal as you want- and I think that is something we all should be. I know I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Quick check-in....
I went to the pool yesterday and swam 15 minutes of freestyle laps and was exhausted. Pitiful. LOL. But then I found a flotation belt and did 30 minutes of deep water running, which was much more of a workout than I expected. I managed to get my HR up around 110-120 (it's 150-ish when I run). When I got home, I researched aqua jogging and found out it's a great exercise for maintaining your fitness level, so I shouldn't lose a lot of ground. It's pretty boring, but I think I can do it for at least 30 minutes, maybe 60, on a daily basis, and get into that mental zen place. And it's a pretty decent calorie burner. So I feel better about having that option!

Still had leg/pelvic pain afterward, though, so I'm anxious to get to the doctor next week and maybe figure out exactly what I should and shouldn't be doing.

Great 1st day on P1. I feel like I lost at least a couple of pounds of water weight already. I have to admit, the mindlessness of eating P1 is kind of nice - no serious planning or decision making involved.

I have swimming, errands, and a meeting tonight on my agenda, so I have to get going. Hope everyone's having a good day.
I am so glad that you liked the aquatic running, and that it is going to keep you moving. I could feel the positives in reading your post! It sounds awesome!! Sorry that there was some pain afterwards. I hope that it wasn't as bad as when you have been running. Glad that P1 is starting out swell for you! I hope the entire time it does!! I do miss the mindlessness of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
HIS
I had an early (for me) mtg this morning, had to leave at 6:30 so decided to delay breakfast, got home at 9:30 and had muesli, almond milk, blueberries and yogurt, and a spoonful of PB. Loving this! OIAJ tomorrow because I have to be out all morning, so I'll have to eat before I go.
I'm a little bit bummed out today. I decided to treat myself to a bit of a spa day (facial, leg wax) before vacay next week, we've had a little snowstorm here overnight, and some of their staff could get in. But I'll go Fri aft instead. I'm calling this part of my phasing off treat
I've never had Muesli- what exactly is it? I'm sorry you couldn't get your happy time in today- but at least now you have something to look forward to- I had something similar happen to me recently with a haircut- totally bummed me out...
So, I'm not sure what is going on- I'm going to blame carbs though....(she said somewhat tongue in cheek) Very emotional and I don't know why. Actually broke down in tears after my boss gave me some s&!t. I've been feeling this way for a couple of days- trying to mask it, doing ok-until this morning. Anyhow- just wondering if anyone else experienced any "emotionability" after they phased off? I'm full of questions today-anyone else use some of their IP or Alt packages with their lunch or dinner? Last night, I has some peppers that I had grilled, cooked up 4 oz of ground sirloin and added a packet of WLS vegetarian joe. It was so good, I decided to have it with some chicken breast and cauliflower for lunch and I added some fresh shredded parmesean. Last night I didn't have a "specific" carb. Now I can't remember what the other question was....Oh well, if it comes to me, I'll just edit this post.
I hope that everyone has a great "camel day" as Beth put it- took me a minute, lol- total blond moment
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

HIS - just curious what your thoughts are on the lady dropping to P1 calories on their long run days?
They already mention having issues with bursitis - not that calorie deficit would have anything to do with that, but strikes me as tempting fate / asking for more trouble (adrenal fatigue comes to mind) to be running 10 - 12 miles and then only eating 900 - 1,200 calories, even after a splurge day...idk - I'm not a nutritionist and I guess as long as they're getting the protein they need to repair the muscles & its working for them, its nun-ya (nun-ya business ) as my MIL says
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #125  

I know what the other question was- anybody have oatmeal for dinner? Just not in the mood to cook much of anything tonight.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday Everyone.

I am back from vacation and back on P1. We will see how I did tomorrow. I did not keep strict P1 but tried to maintain ketosis. I did have a few Sugar Free desserts (mousse) plus cheese and bacon once. Never did get the SF gelato.

I did pretty good on the exercise and was even able to jog a mile at a time on the last day.

Destony - Sounds like you are adjusting well to P4.

Blue - P3 breakfasts are sounding great. I will look forward to them in a couple of months . Sorry your spa day did not work out for today, but you will be refreshed for your trip. Check the FL weather before you leave... I dealt with rain the first 2 days and cool and windy weather the last couple days.

HIS - glad that you found an exercise that is giving you your running feeling. You should be proud that you made the decision to return to P1. What would the old you have done? If your at all like me you would have made a different decision.

Beth - I saw your FB post and you look amazing! Good luck on your weekend away and chocolate run. Don't forget to have a little fun too.

First day back at work... not good day. Had to start with a 0700 budget (staffing meeting) and to close day I am loosing a very good manager .
Plus a couple of reports that have a short time line.

This will be a test of my commitment to my new life. As I am a stress eater.

Since today is ash wednesday - I am doing a boot camp day today so just packets and veggies for me. So I will likely retire early.

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:05 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
I know what the other question was- anybody have oatmeal for dinner? Just not in the mood to cook much of anything tonight.
Sounds like a good dinner to me - maybe with some strawberries or blueberries?

HIS - sorry - I was all focused on the FB stuff - so glad you sound 'up' about the water running...this might sound crazy, but any thought on hip flexors being the issue? The fact your discomfort increased again after a non-stress bearing activity...idk - no medical training but just strikes me as more ligament / muscular than skeletal

Sue - welcome back - sounds like you did great on the cruise (food wise) & hope it was everything you wanted it to be sorry about your manager / work stress

Linda - I was SUPER emotional during P1 when my TOM decided to make a raging return for 7 months and just all that estrogen / hormone pouring into my system - I've actually leveled out and thank running It certainly is possible something you are eating is effecting your hormones. Are you MFP'ing still? Maybe use your "Food Note" and jot down what you are experiencing...a pattern could emerge - or maybe you just had a random bad day

Blue - it is The Great Chocolate Race - no joke https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/Hampto...olate10miler5k
"After you've enjoyed your run, enjoy our catered chocolate post race party at Crowne Plaza with lots of fondue and hot chocolate!"
Well - I will have just ran 10 miles the hot chocolate will be a bonus with temps in the 20's & single digit wind chills. Plus, I am wondering how much of that I'll really want after that much running
Old 02-11-2016, 10:19 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Good morning!
It has been a crazy week for me, so haven't been able to get on the boards as much as I would have liked. Still plugging along here on P1 and getting excited as I am closing in my goal and phasing off.

Beth- that chocolate run sounds amazing. I've never been a big fan of the food that is offered after races, but this sounds right up my alley.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #129  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post

That sounds nice. I've never had a pedicure, manicure, or any kind of spa treatment, although I have been to a Russian "spa" over in Dallas where they have a no-steam room, a moderate hot/steam room, and the most popular HOT steam room. It does amazing things for your skin. You're supposed to dip in a 40-degree water bath right after, but I skipped that part.

Quote:
I am so glad that I am not the only one who really has had enough of bra-lady. Every, bloody, day...and then the post yesterday- glad to see she's doing so amazing- but an exception or whatever? Hats off to her, but - well, if I say what I'm thinking, I would probably be a bit catty- so I won't- but I look at my loose flesh with losing over 80 lbs, I'm surprised that she has as much as she does with her bf being as low as it is, and as physical as she is. ...
I promise you, her BF isn't 15%. If you google "women marathon runners body fat," you'll see images of some of the top women runners who have a BF of 16-18%, and they look MUCH thinner and leaner than Bra Lady. A bioimpedence scale without handles measures your body fat by sending an electrical pulse up one leg and down the other. So it doesn't take into account fat in your middle, or your arms or back. On people who have lean legs or are big boned (like Bra Lady seems to be), it's going to measure a lower BF than they really are. She's probably about 20% BF. She has too much flesh in her back and around her bra to be 15%.

Quote:
I've never had Muesli- what exactly is it?
I had it on a Holland America cruise a few years ago. They made it the European way, with oats, sliced apples, milk, honey, yogurt. It's a lot like our OIAJ. They serve it cold. I think it's heaven on earth.

Quote:
Anyhow- just wondering if anyone else experienced any "emotionability" after they phased off? I'm full of questions today-anyone else use some of their IP or Alt packages with their lunch or dinner?
I"ve done that occasionally when I knew I needed more protein that day. And I never experienced the extreme emotions that I recall. You think it could just be stress from being in P4 and then work stuff on top of it?

Quote:
HIS - just curious what your thoughts are on the lady dropping to P1 calories on their long run days?
They already mention having issues with bursitis - not that calorie deficit would have anything to do with that, but strikes me as tempting fate / asking for more trouble (adrenal fatigue comes to mind) to be running 10 - 12 miles and then only eating 900 - 1,200 calories, even after a splurge day...idk - I'm not a nutritionist and I guess as long as they're getting the protein they need to repair the muscles & its working for them, its nun-ya (nun-ya business ) as my MIL says
Yeah, I could not do P1 on a 5-mile run day. I get her point about runners who overeat, but 1200 calories seems too low to be healthy.

Quote:
I've done it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdawheel View Post
I am back from vacation and back on P1. We will see how I did tomorrow. I did not keep strict P1 but tried to maintain ketosis. I did have a few Sugar Free desserts (mousse) plus cheese and bacon once. Never did get the SF gelato.

I did pretty good on the exercise and was even able to jog a mile at a time on the last day.
I was thinking about you just before I logged on! Was wondering if you were home yet. Sounds like you had a nice break. I hope your work day goes better than you expect.

Quote:

HIS - sorry - I was all focused on the FB stuff - so glad you sound 'up' about the water running...this might sound crazy, but any thought on hip flexors being the issue? The fact your discomfort increased again after a non-stress bearing activity...idk - no medical training but just strikes me as more ligament / muscular than skeletal
I just can't figure it out. The pain seems to be in two or three different places, depending on what I do. So it could be tendon/ligament pain (there are quite a few muscles that attach right in that area), or it could be bone pain that's radiating outward. That's why I think I need more diagnostic tests. Yesterday's pool running session didn't create as much pain, even though I ran at a faster pace. (Still learning how to do it with the right body mechanics and at a pace that gets my HR up.)

Quote:
Blue - it is The Great Chocolate Race - no joke https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/Hampto...olate10miler5k
"After you've enjoyed your run, enjoy our catered chocolate post race party at Crowne Plaza with lots of fondue and hot chocolate!"
Well - I will have just ran 10 miles the hot chocolate will be a bonus with temps in the 20's & single digit wind chills. Plus, I am wondering how much of that I'll really want after that much running
OH, that race was here in Dallas a couple of weeks ago! I decided to wait for it next year - this was before I was injured, of course - since I had the 5K the week before, and I didn't want to overtrain. Oh the irony. I really want that chocolate bar medal. It's supposedly a really well-run race, so I'm anxious to hear how you liked it.

Well, I woke up with keto flu today and feel like death. I have to work tonight, so I think I will skip the pool today and just lay low until I have to go in. I had it on day 3 last time, and it was better by day 4, so I just have to push through.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #130  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Hello Everyone!!! Long time, no post. I feel like I've missed sooo much.

I have been in an amazing training on Whole Health Coaching this week. It's fabulous but very time-consuming.

Linda did you end up having oatmeal for dinner? Were you asking because of something related to Phase 4 or just it being brinner? I love brinner and it's definitely low fat so it sounds like a decent dinner to me.

HIS Bra lady? I have a lot to catch up on!!! Glad that swimming and aerobic jogging will help maintain your fitness while you heal.

Beth I seriously need to start running so I have excuse for some more chocolate. My coworker does races of all sorts and she runs one where you get beer...I love beer but would I want some at the end of the race? Doubt it, but chocolate sounds yummy.

blue I totally loved my Phase 3 breakfast. The problem with Phase 1 and 2 is that the meals are too fast during the day. I like to take my time and enjoy the meal process and in Phase 3, I really got to enjoy two meals a day instead of one.

smda Welcome back! Good job on eating well on your cruise! Your dedication to your health and wellness is so awesome.

jenny Looks like you are soooo close!!! Wow. That's amazing. You give me so much hope for my own reboot.

I feel like I am losing much slower than last time. Maybe it's all in my head. I heard this is common for reboot. I really wanted to be at goal by May, but I am only losing 0.6 to 1lb a week...At least I'm losing though.

Talk to you all soon.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:05 PM   #131  

only have a minute to check in- but did anyone one else notice all the "bra lady" pictures seemed to have been disppeared??
Old 02-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #132  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
only have a minute to check in- but did anyone one else notice all the "bra lady" pictures seemed to have been disppeared??
Yes! I wonder if people complained to Steven and he advised her to stop with the bra photos? I did notice a lot fewer "likes" on her last few photos. I think that community does a great job at recognizing success, but I'm sure other people were just as tired as we were of seeing her bra pictures every.single.day. Now she's posting pictures of her garden and flowers and sunrises.... I really think she NEEDS the affirmation of that FB group.

I must confess that yesterday I commented under one of her 15% BF pictures and said that I thought the scale was wrong.

ETA: In case I misunderstood you, Linda: the bra pics are still there. There's just buried under newer posts.

Last edited by HereIStand; 02-11-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #133  

HIS - yuk on the keto-flu - that passes quick...it is one reason I absolutely hated P1 and was so strict with myself...mine didn't last a day - it was usually 3 or 4 days before I felt remotely human when I knocked myself out of ketosis - once was in May on our camping trip and then after our beach trip in August
btw - I don't think Ms. Bra liked your response
and thanks for the validation - again, to each their own, but I've btdt - lost a ton of weight doing an IP-like diet (pre-IP) in 2003 and running 3 - 5 miles a day on no more than 800 - 1,200 calories - I guess I did this for about 4 months and lost 40 pounds. It worked (and I got pregnant after 4 years of trying) - but what damage did I do? It was only 3 years later I was debilitated with hypothyroid symptoms (extreme fatigue, heart palps, etc...)

Linda - and our snarky selves but yah - the pics are still there, as HIS pointed out, she's moved onto "group motivator", which is fine by me.
Sometimes I wish our profiles had to include a brief background though - ie, finding out Ms. Bra was a semi-pro body builder in her post to HIS...well hello - maybe thats why you still look so fantastic at 51 (again, hope I look 1/2 that good in 15 years...) - but we were not all semi-pro body builders, kwim? Just like not everyone has been overweight their entire life (me...) or maybe just put the weight on after hitting 40+...or whatever.
I guess it all just circles back around to 'we are all different' and what works great for one may not be the answer for anyone else.

MiWi -idk about you, but I am so glad there are only a few piles of snow left here and there. Yah...and about that race...

So, I am trying to remind myself "everything happens for a reason..."

The race was cancelled due to the 'arctic blast' striking the east coast tomorrow into Sunday

I am bummed...I am super bummed

Good news is 100% refund on everything - entry fees, hotel, etc...bad news, they are rescheduling for "spring" and we have the 13.1 in 29 days (March) and then another 10 miler 3.5 weeks later (April)...May = a bunch of weddings (friends and family). DH & I will talk this evening - not sure if we should try and squeeze it in or not...early May might be feasible...maybe...b/c there are 2 other local events going on we'd already discussed participating in...

This was also supposed to be one of our long runs in prep for the 13.1

I get it - really, I do. If it hadn't been for this race, I would be going to the rec center Saturday morning to run b/c of wind chills in the single digits...but I have the cold weather gear to have 'toughed it out' too.
I think the deciding factor was the snow - they are calling for 3" of snow down that way and truthfully, that area is not equipped to handle winter weather - it's only 200 miles south of us, but on the ocean so generally protected by the warmer ocean winds from too much ice / snow.

Still a bummer, especially when combined with the fact its our 20th anniversary - and it was our first time being away from the kids overnight in almost 9 years

Maybe I can talk DH into going skiing instead

ETA - we decided not to cancel the hotel and are going down to get away and spend some time together

Last edited by hysteria_625; 02-11-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:00 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

OMG I am so hungry today! Since starting P3 last Saturday, I've noticed being hungrier than normal, which surprised me, btw, since I'm eating more than P2 or P1. Last night was bad, I was tempted to have an extra bar after dinner, but had some tea instead, and went to bed early.
Today, hangries all day
OIAJ for breakfast at 7, which was early for me, I usually wait till 9, but had to go out early today. By lunchtime, I was ravenous, had chicken and veg soup, then by 2-ish, I was looking for something again - had a salad, romaine and cucumber (free veggies). Another cup of herbal tea at 3, and now, a bit after 4, my tummy is nagging at me. Dinner will be early since I'm the one that's cooking it.
Please tell me this is normal. Please tell me that P4 is not going to be like this

Linda You asked about muesli - it was Alpen Muesli - find it in the cereal section - it's basically like granola, unsweetened.
Those emotional days - sounds like hormones acting up. We know IP can mess up hormones. Could be that now you're on a "regular" diet, your hormones are finding their new normal, and this could just be part of that happening

Sue glad you had a nice holiday, and the food worked well for you. Too bad that when holidays end, work is waiting!!

HIS sooo sorry about the keto flu, ick!! hope it doesn't last too long

Candi good to hear from you! A loss is a loss, I had a lot of 1 lb weeks too, but every little bit gets you that much closer!!

Beth what a disappointment about your chocolate race You should get away somewhere this weekend for sure - 20 years is a big milestone! If skiing doesn't work out, maybe just a romantic weekend in the city? maybe a play? dinner in a fancy/schmancy restaurant?

OK, I can't stand it, maybe another cup of tea will make my tummy stop rumbling!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:13 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi all - I got to move my "chick" to the 40# lost today .

I lost 5.2# in 3 weeks and am so close to breaking 210 -- I am sad I left the valentines dress I wore when I was dating my husband in FL with my folks (but it was nice not having checked bags). I was happy with the loss - I had set the bar at 3# so I exceeded my goal.

Blue - hungry -- bummer. I don't miss that.

Beth - Sorry about your run and am glad to hear that you are going to celebrate your anniversary by devoting time to you and your hubby. Have Fun

HIS - with all the bra lady talk I had to go check it out. I understand what everybody is saying now. Too much. Keto flu - main reason that I did not want to get out of ketosis during the cruise. Not looking forward to it or the headaches when I come back on after I phase off for Hawaii (May) ( I always start thinking about my next vacation).

MiWi - glad you are losing any amount is the right direction

Jenny - we will be here when you come back. You are getting so close to goal.
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote