Old 02-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Liana - lol, we're a chatty bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
YAY! jenny - nice loss! You should easily each goal by the end of Feb!
Yes - congrats Jenny!

Quote:

Beth OMG! I saw the side by side pic on you put on FB, wowie, lady!! hard to believe there could be that much difference from P2 to P4, with no weight loss! All that running is sure showing. Looking so good
Blue - thank you I do really appreciate that because while I didn't dwell on it last night, it dawned on me what that one comment was getting at and personally, I was shocked they couldn't tell which picture was the size 10 vs the size 6 so I showed my boss / friend the side-by-side, who has always been square-deal with me (& I trust) and she couldn't tell either she said she was looking at the whole picture, not just my mid-section & pointed out she could tell the pants I was wearing on the right were baggy...but still. That was a bit of a bummer / ego deflater lol

Had a decent run this morning, but all the fiber / veggies I had yesterday caught up with me...thank goodness for McDonalds Tapering off this week - today and Wednesday will be my only run days (outside of Saturday) and Wednesday is looking like treadmill as we're getting more snow.
Tomorrow is going to be a full rest / potential P1 day depending on the scale. I was slightly above my 3# comfort-zone this morning, but since I didn't splurge figure it's mostly sodium from the wing sauce. I kept breakfast low-carb this morning, just for safety's sake, but had a normal lunch (with avocado) and planning lamb / butternut squash for dinner.

Also, I am trying to remain positive about Saturday's run...but I am getting a bit worried about the weather. Right now at start time (6:00a!) it looking like 25 degrees, with a decent wind (5 - 15mph) and chance of snow! Thankfully, I have very good cold weather gear but ugh on wind chills in the single digits
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2_P4 difference.jpg (35.5 KB, 36 views)
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:29 PM   #107  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Beth - eh, let those comments go. You feel good, right?! And you look great, so who cares what people think about TWO photos.

How did everyone do with Super Bowl party food? I didn't eat most of what I prepared (stuffed meatballs, mini pizzas, etc.) but I did have some chips with queso and guacamole, and a big brownie to finish things off. I couldn't face a P1 day today - I'm burnt out on shakes - so I've been doing a careful P4 day. I know I'll need to do at least two P1 days this week. I fear I'm falling into Jenny's old habit of P1 during the week and too much of the wrong food on weekends. Not good.

On Saturday, I unexpectedly walked 6 miles. My DIL invited me to go help her walk her dogs around a nearby lake; she thought it was a 2 or 3 mile loop. Turned out to be six miles. OOPS. We didn't go very fast, and I actually felt mostly okay, no more achey than I have been. But this morning I was having much more pain again, so I made the decision to see an orthopedic guy. I have an appointment for next Wednesday. At this point, if he said I needed to be on crutches for a couple of weeks to completely take any impact off the bone, I wouldn't argue with him. I'm signed up for a 10K on March 5, and I don't expect to be able to run it, but I will walk it if I'm able. So I just want to make sure I'm not preventing any healing by doing that.

My daughter is doing great; she's lost 40 pounds! She wants to lose another 14-24, so probably two more months on P1.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Beth- are you kidding??? There is a huge difference in the photos. Everything from your shoulders, waist and hips are noticeably smaller. I'm not sure what is wrong with their eyes.

And yes- wing sauce has TONS of sodium, so I wouldn't worry about doing a P1 day. Just try to drink extra water and flush it out.

HIS- Good choice to hold off on the P1 day. I promise, that cycle is no fun.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:30 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Wow, you guys type A LOT!
Liana
Guilty-lol -I'm either a ton or quiet as a churchmouse ☺ Good to see you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
The scale was extremely kind to me this week and I lost 2.2#, bringing me right on into the next decade. I am officially in the 130's. Maybe taking the stress out of the equation was exactly what I needed. Not to mention the so-so losses of the last couple of weeks. I'm still plugging along on P1 for the next 3 weeks.

I was able to stay OP yesterday since we opted to just stay home and chill on the sofa. We usually have a big SB party, but it didn't end up working out this year. So I just stayed OP and watched the game.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! 2.2 that's wonderful! I see the goal in sight for you!!! Sounds like we had the same day yesterday-though today, I am a shoveling fool-and grateful to be working from home!

Quote:
Day 3 of P3 - OIAJ this morning. Pretty good, but probably won't be one of my favorites. I can see it being a good make-ahead tho, for those morning I have to be out of here early.
Funny about P3, all this food I'm having for breakfast, the extra protein at lunch, and for the first time, I'm finding myself HUNGRY! I had the oatmeal at 9 (trying not to eat too early) and it's just 12 now, and I am so hungry. I have leftover chicken from last night, and I will make some soup, maybe mid-aft have a couple of eggs to get me through till dinnertime.
Good news - weight is still holding steady at 135.4 (home scale) I've been expecting the P3 upward creep, and I suppose it will happen In my head I know why it goes up, but being so focused on that number for so long - I know it's going to be an ouchie when it does.
But I'm getting ahead of myself aren't I, worrying about what's coming. Today is all good.
I agree- OIAJ- its a great go to in a hurry. I have 2 bowls 1/2 C oats and 1/2 C toasted coconut almond milk, I can grab and then mix in what I am in the mood for. I find that eating that, doesn't keep me "full" for very long. That's another reason I only eat it if I have to because I am in a rush or it's going to go bad. Though, with the code on the "milk" going bad probably isn't something I have to worry as much about. Yay!! Glad to hear the scale is holding for you. Such a relief isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Blue - thank you I do really appreciate that because while I didn't dwell on it last night, it dawned on me what that one comment was getting at and personally, I was shocked they couldn't tell which picture was the size 10 vs the size 6 so I showed my boss / friend the side-by-side, who has always been square-deal with me (& I trust) and she couldn't tell either she said she was looking at the whole picture, not just my mid-section & pointed out she could tell the pants I was wearing on the right were baggy...but still. That was a bit of a bummer / ego deflater lol

Had a decent run this morning, but all the fiber / veggies I had yesterday caught up with me...thank goodness for McDonalds Tapering off this week - today and Wednesday will be my only run days (outside of Saturday) and Wednesday is looking like treadmill as we're getting more snow.
Tomorrow is going to be a full rest / potential P1 day depending on the scale. I was slightly above my 3# comfort-zone this morning, but since I didn't splurge figure it's mostly sodium from the wing sauce. I kept breakfast low-carb this morning, just for safety's sake, but had a normal lunch (with avocado) and planning lamb / butternut squash for dinner.

Also, I am trying to remain positive about Saturday's run...but I am getting a bit worried about the weather. Right now at start time (6:00a!) it looking like 25 degrees, with a decent wind (5 - 15mph) and chance of snow! Thankfully, I have very good cold weather gear but ugh on wind chills in the single digits
NO WAY !!! You looked AMAZING and honestly I could tell the difference. I'm not feeding you a line either. Ta heck with that commenter-That ego better be back up there lady!!!
You are so in tune with your body, I wouldn't think for a second it isn't the sodium-flush, flush, flush. You are a better woman than I, I am finding every reason to do C25K on my elliptical and stay indoors. You know, we'll ALL be cheering you on!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
How did everyone do with Super Bowl party food? I didn't eat most of what I prepared (stuffed meatballs, mini pizzas, etc.) but I did have some chips with queso and guacamole, and a big brownie to finish things off. I couldn't face a P1 day today - I'm burnt out on shakes - so I've been doing a careful P4 day. I know I'll need to do at least two P1 days this week. I fear I'm falling into Jenny's old habit of P1 during the week and too much of the wrong food on weekends. Not good.
On Saturday, I unexpectedly walked 6 miles. My DIL invited me to go help her walk her dogs around a nearby lake; she thought it was a 2 or 3 mile loop. Turned out to be six miles. OOPS. We didn't go very fast, and I actually felt mostly okay, no more achey than I have been. But this morning I was having much more pain again, so I made the decision to see an orthopedic guy. I have an appointment for next Wednesday. At this point, if he said I needed to be on crutches for a couple of weeks to completely take any impact off the bone, I wouldn't argue with him. I'm signed up for a 10K on March 5, and I don't expect to be able to run it, but I will walk it if I'm able. So I just want to make sure I'm not preventing any healing by doing that.
My daughter is doing great; she's lost 40 pounds! She wants to lose another 14-24, so probably two more months on P1.
I stayed on track. Thought about a few things to nosh on, but by the time all was said and done, I didn't feel like it. We were home, no parties or any of that, had we gone out or had people in-my response would likely be very different. -Oh, wait- DBF made homemade chocolate chip cookies-I did have half of one. They were still warm, and I couldn't resist. I took a piece of one and told him he needed to finish it, then before he zipped the second bag-I did it again....so it was about a half. Then we went for a walk. I could totally see myself getting in to the ELS weekends and then P1ing for the week. I hope that I don't-but I can see where it might be easy. My coach weighs herself twice a week- Friday to see how bad she can be over the weekend and Monday to see how bad she was. I see myself doing it like that (I don't agree with it) because I used to do this back in the day. Right now, I am a daily weigher pretty much. I'm fairly happy with what I am seeing. I am really glad to see that you have made an ortho appointment. I hope they get to the bottom and offer you relief -I hope that the Wednesday in question is this one and I am just misinterpreting.

So, it's blowing like crazy and the snow is flying. I am working from home today. Not something I can do a lot, but glad that I can. It took me about an hour to do the first go round of shoveling. I was starving when I came in. Earning my Combat Crunch snack for later Beth I am in lovelovelove with them. I was going to have a quest cookies and cream bar for snack but -I am becoming obsessed with the CC's. I roasted a butternut squash and going to make soup as part of my dinner. I'm just doing it with low fat/sodium College Inn chicken broth and I will add cream to DBF's bowl. I will have to shovel again while he plows and then go with him to his moms to shovel while he plows there. I am definitely getting my exercise in today- yet, I feel guilty because I didn't do my routine crunches, squats and all of that. I may still-I don't know. Interesting to learn as I was looking at the FB forums-Steven Larry isn't 1 person-it's 2. I thought that was funny- and I guess I wasn't the only one. There is some big event out in the mid-West if I remember correctly. Well, I suppose I should get back to doing some work. Oh, did anyone see that video of the cruise ship off the Carolina's that ran in to this storm off shore? Those poor people-that had to be VERY scary!
Ok-stay safe everyone!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #110  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
I am really glad to see that you have made an ortho appointment. I hope they get to the bottom and offer you relief -I hope that the Wednesday in question is this one and I am just misinterpreting.

Interesting to learn as I was looking at the FB forums-Steven Larry isn't 1 person-it's 2. I thought that was funny- and I guess I wasn't the only one. There is some big event out in the mid-West if I remember correctly.
Sadly, the ortho appointment is next Wednesday - in 9 days.

Some IP clinic is hosting an "event" with Janeva, Chef Verati, and "FB celebrity" Steven. I find the whole social media celebrity title a hilarious absurdity. It's pseudo-fame, IMO. He's probably a good IP coach - he certainly knows the protocol - but his presence on the IP FB page annoys me to no end. Let's just say I don't think humility is his strong suit.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:42 PM   #111  

Quote:
Sadly, the ortho appointment is next Wednesday - in 9 days.

Some IP clinic is hosting an "event" with Janeva, Chef Verati, and "FB celebrity" Steven. I find the whole social media celebrity title a hilarious absurdity. It's pseudo-fame, IMO. He's probably a good IP coach - he certainly knows the protocol - but his presence on the IP FB page annoys me to no end. Let's just say I don't think humility is his strong suit.
Oh dear, I'm sorry it's so far away. Be keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes your way
I love you for saying what I was thinking......15 minutes of fame
Old 02-08-2016, 09:07 PM   #112  

Thanks again ladies...I was fishing a bit b/c I really do trust my friend at work and that she said the same thing really threw me for a loop. I see the difference - and I am my worst critic, Kwim?

HIS / Linda - omg on that announcement. HIS - I am with you in that I am sure he & his partner are good / successful coaches - but again it's business at the end of the day...I was thinking back to Christmas when he posted about their 6 full sized / decorated trees - holy cow! I live in a regular, middle class house and could maybe have 3 full sized trees - and that's sticking one in the guest bedroom !! and a party for - whatever it was - 300 / 500 people?
They do really well off IP too
Oh - and I admit to a naive streak about the screen name - honestly would not have guessed

I'm also a little put off by how few people will speak up to someone even if what they are posting is completely unhealthy or just complete bull. Someone posted they lost 5% body fat in ONE week - da' h3ll??? and then tonight, the guy posting about wanting to get to 10% bf% - c'mon man...Michael Phelps runs 10% body fat...Shaun T...more power to ya, but it's not necessarily healthy
Jmvho though

So one more thing I am learning - when I know I am hungry - especially mid afternoon before dinner - I need to learn to stop trying to ignore the pleas. It wasn't a eat.all.the.things - but I took a couple handfuls of granola, almonds, and a slice of low carb bread with almond butter...would've been better off with another protein bar on the commute.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:18 AM   #113  

Quote:
I'm also a little put off by how few people will speak up to someone even if what they are posting is completely unhealthy or just complete bull. Someone posted they lost 5% body fat in ONE week - da' h3ll??? and then tonight, the guy posting about wanting to get to 10% bf% - c'mon man...Michael Phelps runs 10% body fat...Shaun T...more power to ya, but it's not necessarily healthy
Jmvho though

So one more thing I am learning - when I know I am hungry - especially mid afternoon before dinner - I need to learn to stop trying to ignore the pleas. It wasn't a eat.all.the.things - but I took a couple handfuls of granola, almonds, and a slice of low carb bread with almond butter...would've been better off with another protein bar on the commute.
I saw that same post, knew enough that I don't know enough, and kept my mouth shut. Though I thought that that seemed awfully low and just seemed like a bullwhooey. However, I can't remember my exact numbers, but years ago-say 15ish, we had a body fat challenge at the gym where I used to go. (It was around the time that something similar had just gone on on the television) Anyhow, it was a January 1 to March 1 thing-I didn't "behave" very well in January, I mean I went to the gym, ate fairly well during the week and all, but weekends were free for all- food, drink and merriment. Anyhow-February, I buckled down HARDCORE and ended up in 2nd place with 18% BF loss (though this did include January) so...is it possible? Possibly- but really?? 10%?? How do you even function??
IKWYM about the recognizing the hunger- I probably shuld have had the bar as my snack mid afternoon with all the shoveling I did. I did more late afternoon over at DBF's moms house. I ended up starving by the time I ate dinner-and then had the CC Cinnamon a couple of hours (2ish) later before bed. YUMMM- but because I was so hungry, I just threw my dinner together- it wasn't bad-but wasn;t what I had planned-I just wanted to eat ! I am going to have to look back through and find your post about the sale on CC bars.
It's funny how my mind works. I realized this morning-one of those random thoughts I guess- obviously after a year, I have been so conditioned to lose weight, that I get excited to still see a loss, and then really bummed when there is an uptick. Though I know exactly why it's up-yesterday-a lot of physical exercise-so I am assuming it's my muscles holding water no? Nothing terribly salty yesterday in terms of my food, so I don't think it's that-even so- The reason isn't important right this minute, this is more to say how my mind works- it's a hard adjustment in my head not to see the scale moving downward. I'm where I should be, even a little low by some opinions. It's just weird, that's all. I have to get ready for work. Just wondering if anyone else had/has that "feeling" Thanks-
Old 02-09-2016, 10:55 AM   #114  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
HIS / Linda - omg on that announcement. HIS - I am with you in that I am sure he & his partner are good / successful coaches - but again it's business at the end of the day...I was thinking back to Christmas when he posted about their 6 full sized / decorated trees - holy cow! I live in a regular, middle class house and could maybe have 3 full sized trees - and that's sticking one in the guest bedroom !! and a party for - whatever it was - 300 / 500 people?
They do really well off IP too
Oh - and I admit to a naive streak about the screen name - honestly would not have guessed

Jmvho though

Yeah, Steven's posts are often about how much stuff he has. Like the 10-burner stove in his new 5000 square foot house. He just comes across as braggy to me. But I tend to be irritable, so there's that.

LOL, the woman who "lost" 5% body fat in a week!!! And I'm here to tell you, she is NOT 15% BF. I'm kind of tired of seeing her in her bra every day. She's another one who seems to need a lot of approval from that group.

I haven't had a good week at all, food-wise. I avoided the scale yesterday, which is never a good sign, and this morning got a big enough shock that I decided I need to do P1 for the rest of February. (You all know how much I hate P1, so you know things are BAD.) To make it fun for myself - as fun as you can make P1 - I'm not going to weigh until March 1, just to surprise myself. I'm also going to start my swimming program today. Even if I have to go slowly and can't swim more than 20 minutes in one go, at least it will be something.

I'm embarrassed that I have to go back to P1 only 3 1/2 months into maintenance, but I know it's because I sort of gave up on healthy eating after the running injury. I can't make excuses and just have to man up and go back to doing what I know is right.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:38 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
I do really appreciate that because while I didn't dwell on it last night, it dawned on me what that one comment was getting at and personally, I was shocked they couldn't tell which picture was the size 10 vs the size 6 so I showed my boss / friend the side-by-side, who has always been square-deal with me (& I trust) and she couldn't tell either she said she was looking at the whole picture, not just my mid-section & pointed out she could tell the pants I was wearing on the right were baggy...but still. That was a bit of a bummer / ego deflater lol
Seriously Must be blind people out there, it looks pretty obvious to me, and there's a very noticeable difference. OMG, size 6! You should feel good about that picture! fuhgeddaboudit And besides, us Ipeeps here are the only ones whose opinion matters anyway

Quote:

HIS it's so disappointing for you to have to miss a race, but seriously, don't push it, better to heal completely, in the long run, you'll get back to it sooner that way.
for your daughter, she's doing great!!

Quote:
How long have you been on P4 now? couple of months? Goes to show you, the learning keeps going on. I find myself seesawing between being complacent about P4 (it'll be easy-peasy) and stressing out that I'll mess it up. So for me anyway, it is very good to hear comments like yours. Have to keep in mind that I have a lot to learn about how I'm going to need to manage food/hunger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
I saw that same post, knew enough that I don't know enough, and kept my mouth shut. Though I thought that that seemed awfully low and just seemed like a bullwhooey. However, I can't remember my exact numbers, but years ago-say 15ish, we had a body fat challenge at the gym where I used to go. (It was around the time that something similar had just gone on on the television) Anyhow, it was a January 1 to March 1 thing-I didn't "behave" very well in January, I mean I went to the gym, ate fairly well during the week and all, but weekends were free for all- food, drink and merriment. Anyhow-February, I buckled down HARDCORE and ended up in 2nd place with 18% BF loss (though this did include January) so...is it possible? Possibly- but really?? 10%??
It's funny how my mind works. I realized this morning-one of those random thoughts I guess- obviously after a year, I have been so conditioned to lose weight, that I get excited to still see a loss, and then really bummed when there is an uptick. Though I know exactly why it's up-yesterday-a lot of physical exercise-so I am assuming it's my muscles holding water no? Nothing terribly salty yesterday in terms of my food, so I don't think it's that-even so- The reason isn't important right this minute, this is more to say how my mind works- it's a hard adjustment in my head not to see the scale moving downward. I'm where I should be, even a little low by some opinions. It's just weird, that's all. I have to get ready for work. Just wondering if anyone else had/has that "feeling" Thanks-
Interesting about BF - My scale shows BF% and last week, it was 25.1%. now I know home scales are not all that accurate, but it gives a good guideline over time. If it's right, 25 is at the lower end of acceptable range for women (24 would be into fitness range). If the scale is accurate, or even close, I'm OK with that number. I can't even imagine 18% much less 10
Linda, yes, I'm pretty sure you've got a lot of company with those thoughts...that number on the scale has been the focus of our lives for the best part of a year. How can we not freak out just a little when it goes up? Even if logically, rationally, we understand why; we are emotional creatures, and lurking in the back of each of our minds if fear that the 2lb or 3lb is going to become 4 or 5 or 10.
I went in to the clinic this morning for a WI, yes, as expected, up, but less than a lb. Still didn't like to see that though, even though I do understand that IT'S NOT FAT Got measured too, though, and some losses there. Yesterday I decided to try on some clothes to take to FL (leaving a week from Saturday), I thought I had some that fit, and OMG some of the pants I was going to take are loose. Wearable, I guess, not much choice at this point, but a size smaller would have been better.
When I got back from my WI, I had another P3 breakfast - french toast stuffed with cream cheese and strawberries..YUM!

Hope you are all NOT having a FAT TUESDAY!!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:49 PM   #116  

Quote:
Yeah, Steven's posts are often about how much stuff he has. Like the 10-burner stove in his new 5000 square foot house. He just comes across as braggy to me. But I tend to be irritable, so there's that.

LOL, the woman who "lost" 5% body fat in a week!!! And I'm here to tell you, she is NOT 15% BF. I'm kind of tired of seeing her in her bra every day. She's another one who seems to need a lot of approval from that group.

I haven't had a good week at all, food-wise. I avoided the scale yesterday, which is never a good sign, and this morning got a big enough shock that I decided I need to do P1 for the rest of February. (You all know how much I hate P1, so you know things are BAD.) To make it fun for myself - as fun as you can make P1 - I'm not going to weigh until March 1, just to surprise myself. I'm also going to start my swimming program today. Even if I have to go slowly and can't swim more than 20 minutes in one go, at least it will be something.

I'm embarrassed that I have to go back to P1 only 3 1/2 months into maintenance, but I know it's because I sort of gave up on healthy eating after the running injury. I can't make excuses and just have to man up and go back to doing what I know is right.
Don't be!!! You KNOW what your body needs...but gosh, it is a little scary to think without the exercise how quickly any excess in calorie intake catches up to us...seriously, our metabolisms *should be* functioning on a more normal level at this point, kwim?
I also worry about bouncing in and out of ketosis too much. I really think over the years it is what burned my adrenals out and caused a lot of my insulin resistance.
You know we've got your back though and will you on over the next 3 weeks! Positive thoughts to you - and hopefully you end up a little under where you were before for more wiggle room
& yah - I had a rough couple days and just wanted to go SO snarky on some of those people - bra lady must be a regular though b/c someone else posted a picture not long ago and said they were XX% body fat (on the low end) and people actually told them "no way"
Don't get me wrong, I hope at 50+ I look that good...but the daily bra pics are getting old (and c'mon, if the nips are hard, retake the picture! ) . I tried to stop her posts from showing up, but I think would have to block her and I'm not quite there

Linda - hope your electric stayed on (you're posting so I take that as a good sign) & you guys weathered the storm. Not sure how far from the Cape you are, but know you're close to the water...
and the scale - "let it goooooo" lol there will be daily flux - I would ignore 1 or 2#'s, even if it sticks around...its when it goes to +3, +4 & sticks around day, after day, after day...and / or quickly goes from +2, 3, 4 to +5, 6, 7 from goal that its time to examine and reevaluate whats going on.
I still consider my official goal 145 (even though I briefly saw 144) and I was 149 this morning, so again, a little above my 3# comfort zone...but I know from logging into MFP, we had a late, heavy dinner, I had too many snacks, and I was still eating at 9pm!
I was also severely gassy yesterday evening I think left over from Sunday's super-fiber intake (jicama, chickpeas in the hummus, lots of fresh veggies)
My uh-oh jeans feel great though and I'm just going to have to 'let it go' until Sunday, after the race.

Blue - thanks & you are right ! Part of me wonders too if it's not a little cattiness on her part...she's had 4 kids in 8 years, but prior to having her kids, was a size 2 / 4, and very concerned about her looks, clothes, shoes, hair, etc...the exact opposite of me but they say opposites attract, right? We are very close, but I know she's been hard on herself since the birth of her 4th (and last) b/c of the amount of weight gain with this one. Idk - <3 you guys!
That french toast sounds amazing!

So today was kind of a waste - ugh. DD11 had a 2 hour school delay - the western edge of our country got a little snow so I didn't get into work until 9:30. Just feeling very unmotivated today (thus, the novel here lol)
It is 100% rest day - planning to stretch &/or do 20 minutes of runners yoga no cardio or weights. Having a bit of an issue with an old ankle injury, so trying to stretch and roll as much as I can - it's achy, not painful, but something that bears watching.
Sadly I think I aggravated it Sunday on the AMT machine using too much resistance
Saw my new chiro yesterday - I'm going to give it one or two more visits. I am used to a heavy hand and her manipulations were not very forceful. I don't feel like she did anything for my neck / shoulders at all. My last 2 chiro's were always able to go deep, something my neck needs...but I'll talk to her and see if we can find common ground.

I am also thinking about staying off the scale until we get back from our mini-vacation / Valentine's run. We'll see I am slowly upping carbs this week - generally I would only have carbs with dinner, at most, 3 out of 7 nights, but will be eating them all week (butternut squash, sweet potatoes) in preparation for Saturday. Probably a bit of overkill for a 10 miler but better safe than sorry.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:48 PM   #117  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
Don't be!!! You KNOW what your body needs...but gosh, it is a little scary to think without the exercise how quickly any excess in calorie intake catches up to us...seriously, our metabolisms *should be* functioning on a more normal level at this point, kwim?
I also worry about bouncing in and out of ketosis too much. I really think over the years it is what burned my adrenals out and caused a lot of my insulin resistance.
You know we've got your back though and will you on over the next 3 weeks! Positive thoughts to you - and hopefully you end up a little under where you were before for more wiggle room
& yah - I had a rough couple days and just wanted to go SO snarky on some of those people - bra lady must be a regular though b/c someone else posted a picture not long ago and said they were XX% body fat (on the low end) and people actually told them "no way"
Don't get me wrong, I hope at 50+ I look that good...but the daily bra pics are getting old (and c'mon, if the nips are hard, retake the picture! ) . I tried to stop her posts from showing up, but I think would have to block her and I'm not quite there
You're so kind. Yeah, I'm kind of worried about repeated dips in and out of ketosis. But the scale is up enough that I'm scared. I have to take serious action before things get further out of hand.

I told Bra Lady on one of her posts a couple of weeks ago that I didn't think her BF was as low as the clinic scale said, but I congratulated her on getting fit and staying healthy. Kudos to her for working out, you know? But I really don't want to start my day with coffee and her sports bra. ugh.

I'm so excited for your run this week. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:19 PM   #118  

Quote:

I told Bra Lady on one of her posts a couple of weeks ago that I didn't think her BF was as low as the clinic scale said, but I congratulated her on getting fit and staying healthy. Kudos to her for working out, you know? But I really don't want to start my day with coffee and her sports bra. ugh.

I'm so excited for your run this week. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
So that was you! Hee hee - I thought so but didn't want to *accuse*

Thanks me too! Trying not to focus on the fact I never actually did a full 10 miles on my training runs - 9.1 and 9.6 - so I *know* I got this...but there's that little psychological in the back of my mind...like I told DH though - I know I can run 9.6 - if I have to walk the other 0.4, so be it - but I won't
Old 02-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:

HIS I missed your post earlier, we were posting at about the same time, then I had to go out (dentist ugh )
Major bummer that you have a few lbs you're not happy with, and I can sympathize (can't we all )but embarrassed - no, we'll have none of that here!! you need to give yourself a break, it's been a tough week for you! But you know you are strong enough and smart enough to nip it in the bud, and to me, that is admirable. And like Beth said, you have friends here to hold your hand and cheer you on, whatever you need
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #120  

Happy Camel Day my friends!

Just a quick check in while I sit on hold (have I ever told y'all how much I HATE telephones )

Starting to get antsy about the trip - what we're going to need to pack, what to wear, making sure the laundry is done, what snacks I want to pack (and won't cause tummy issues Saturday morning) etc...we're giving ourselves an extra 1/2 a day by going down Friday morning - but things like the foam roller MUST not be forgotten I can get more clothes, but I NEED my foam roller
Trying to plan for Friday nights dinner too...DH thinks I'm getting a little anal but like I told him, I know what my body likes / can tolerate and don't want to mess with that!
I want a good 8oz steak, sweet potato, and mixed veggies (like squash / carrots). I would be ok with cooked broccoli - a small amount, with butter too