Old 02-05-2016, 09:51 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

* rant rant rant *
sorry - never did start that blog...please feel free to skip this as it really is just a personal rant slightly related to maintenance I guess...

So, I mention above about the water company issues and pipe...well, turns out it wasn't just a connection - a pipe actually CRACKED in half...and no, the water company isn't liable for any damages from them coming and turning the water off and on from the main line to the house...

DH is a handy guy and is down fixing the issue right now but I am SO scared there is more wrong (ok, as of 9:30p water is back on and I'm not jinxing us)...still worried about potential down-the-road-issues the pressure changes caused...

Lets add insult to injury - DH is sick with a nasty chest cold so he had gone to the doctors today to see if he could get some cough medicine but the Dr. told him he didn't need an Rx and to take an OTC (Mucinex has been keeping him up all night though and he can't take NyQuil either)

Needless to say, my stress levels have been through the flippin roof all day...I even went to try and work out for an hour while DH was at the Dr's but he kept calling

Oh, and I got a total of 4 hours of sleep last night

I dove head first into just about everything in the house...well, to give myself some credit, it was mostly nut / nut butter related - but did have a couple spoonfuls of Gelato (mixed with peanut butter ) I had left over from Christmas.

Fat, fat, fat...and more fat *sigh*

Oh - and figured just to round things out, I would end with a bowl of granola!!!!

I finally don't feel like I need to eat another bite...and just want to curl up and go to bed

I've got to get this stress eating under control though Again, just as there were plenty of times I could have gone off protocol in P1 and exercised self control and will power, I need to find this strength again in P4. There will always been unexpected stresses like this...granted, I may be biased, but think today may have been one of those relatively rare "Murphys Law" type days, but they DO happen

I tried exercise today as a valve release. I had already had an over-large (but ok) snack...and while it helped for a bit, I think in the end it may have done more harm than good b/c I was so hungry between the gym and dinner (late with all the stuff going on with the plumbing)

the Eating I did after dinner was just pure, unadulterated indulgence that I didn't need with the pre-dinner snacking

To end this on a positive note:

- water is back on & I can clean my sink out and flush the toilets
- my pants still fit
- I have had absolutely NO urge to drink this stress away...if it was legal I probably wouldn't turn down a puff tho
- stayed away from the chips in the pantry...wanted sugar, not chips...but not 100% sure I should be real happy about that
- I am looking forward to my run OUTSIDE tomorrow and should be VERY well carb-loaded for a short run
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:39 AM   #92  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Beth Yuck! What a stressful situation! I am a stress eater. Let's face it. I just eat for everything. Happy. Stressed. Anxious. Excited. Whatever. But back to you...The truth of the matter is that NATURALLY our brain craves high calorie food during stressful situations. That way we have the energy we need to fight or flight. So when you choose a different, healthier path, you will be fighting against your body's natural signals and that's just really hard. But you can do it. Maybe have a plan of action such as a meditation exercise or a really good movie or whatever works. Hope today is a better day and you have a happy weekend.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:53 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Beth What an awful day!! Sad to say, but life does throw us days like that, and your reaction to it all is certainly understandable. Something a lot of us would do.
Go back and read your post again --- it is very telling to me that you end it with your "positive note" - and that's the right attitude, imho. Bad things are going to happen. And we will react by doing "bad" things - like eating the whole house and anything that isn't tied down And we will realize it, and not continue, and get right back on track. Right away.
Your journey has been very introspective, and I am so sure you have learned so much about yourself, that even if these bad days happen, they are not going to turn into weeks-long binges. Recognizing it, yes, even coming here to post right away, that tells me you're back on track. And the next time -- because, let's face it, unless we live in a bubble, bad days happen --- you will remember this victory and know it doesn't spell doom!!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:33 AM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
This no-running thing is proving to be a huge mental battle for me. I knew when I started the protocol last June that running would be an important tool for long-term weight management, and that it would give me goals to continue to work toward. I never had a Plan B. Now I have to wrap my head around eating much more strictly than I planned, and doing an exercise that I don't like and am not very good at. Every time I think about going to the pool, I literally feel sick to my stomach. I need a psych appointment. LOL.
I keep hoping I'll wake up in the morning and be pain free, but it hasn't happened yet. Pretty achey today. Probably because I did a lot of walking and climbed stairs at work last night. I sure wish I knew for certain what I was dealing with. Doc says the x-rays show no fracture, but we still don't know if it's a small stress fracture or what. Been thinking that when I get back into running, I may need a much more cushioned shoe.
HIS It sounds like you're having a better day today. No fracture is good, so maybe it'll just take some time to heal. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for good news for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
So glad you guys are supportive of my maintenance plan. Of course, once I am implementing it, I will be on here updating and getting support

I have a had a long, arduous road since the first time I phased off IP, and thankfully, I learned some things (about nutrition, about myself) along the way. I am hoping that the journey is not for nothing, because I do feel much more confident going into maintenance this time.
jenny since I'm getting close to maintenance myself, I've been reading with interest a lot of the posts that you and others have made. Inescapable conclusion - one size does not fit all. It looks like it may be trickier for people like you and HIS and Beth - strenuous exercisers, runners. But even for people like me -- and I have to be honest with myself, I won't be as sedentary as before, but I'll never be doing marathons either -- finding that balance of C/P/F is going to be trial and error.
Just out of interest, I did ask my coach, and she sent an email to the IP support people, and she showed me the answer they sent her...well, make that the "non-answer" - basically said not to worry about the numbers, just follow the protocol
So you are absolutely right, after all the time and effort and $$$, each of us has to do the work in P4 to find what is going to work for us. You learned a lot the first time, and figured out what doesn't work, and your plan makes sense for you. I'm glad you'll be keeping us updated on your progress when you get there, we all learn from each other.

Linda - how's P4 going? any better?

FIRST P3 DAY TODAY!!
Had a nice breakfast, yogurt and strawberries, toast and almond butter. SO GOOD! I had a hard time deciding what to have for the first one (so many choices ) but I have really missed fruit. and toast. and nut butters. Hardest choice was PB or almond butter
I am going to love having breakfasts!!

ETA: forgot to mention, weight this AM was 135.4 down a teeny bit from yesterday, so an overall loss of about a lb during P2.

Last edited by blueskiesahead; 02-06-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 167.5/163.1/120

Height: 5' 4"

While I'm a long way from maintenance, I already read Barbara Berkeley's "Refuse to Regain." I'm so glad I did, and glad I have it on my iPad so I can reread it a couple of times as I get closer.

Even if you don't follow her protocols (which are in-line with IP's "guidelines") the book is very upbeat.

When I went for my intro workshop, the owner of the clinic said straight out that she was putting together her own system for maintenance (based on IP suggestions) since IP (in her opinion) doesn't do a good job of helping people with that.
ladyejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #96  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Miwi - "Let's face it. I just eat for everything." ME TOO. Life just seems better with cookies and cake. :/

Beth - oh, girl. Water issues are some of the worst to deal with, especially when the problem is in the wall or foundation of your house. I mean, we can't function without water!!! Glad that it's fixed, though. I hope your run went well and you feel better today.

blue - yay for P3 breakfast!! I feel like that first P3 day is such a milestone for protocol followers. As for IP's non-answer about maintenance.... judging by many FB posts I've seen, that seems to be pretty typical. One of the BIG weaknesses of the IP program, IMO - failure to really prepare people for long-term success. (But, that may be smart business, to get people back in the clinic --> $$$.)

Had a nice visit in OK yesterday. My grandson is 14 months old and lots of fun. While we were waiting for my son to get off work, we went to the mall to do some walking. I bought my first Victoria's Secret bra. I've had trouble finding the right size since losing weight, and having, um, old lady issues like too much flab/loose skin around the top of the band.... Anyway, the VS girls fixed me up.

We went to dinner at a burger place and I had a bacon cheeseburger, on a real bun, and french fries. My first "real" burger & fries since last May. I stayed on P1 the rest of the day, and lost 1/2 pound yesterday. I think I'll do P1/P2 today, just to see if I can lose another pound or two, and get closer to my comfort zone of 155.

I'm thinking more and more that I'll call an orthopedic doctor next week. I didn't do much yesterday except driving for 3 hours up to OK, and 3 hours back, plus the hour or so of slow walking in the mall, but when I got home last night, my pain was pretty bad. Wondering if walking is aggravating whatever the problem is, and if non-weight-bearing (crutches) would help for a couple of weeks. I just feel like I'm not making progress toward healing if it hurts so much every time I spend more than 30 minutes on my feet.

I ran out of Quest powders that I like (only have vanilla and strawberry now), so I've been using up the Six Star Fit chocolate that I bought. It's not bad. It's not quite as smooth as Quest, but the flavor is okay, and it's cheaper than Quest and I can buy it at WM. I add in spinach, of course, and some peppermint flavored Stevia to make a green chocolate mint shake.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:57 PM   #97  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

wrong board...oops

Last edited by Kayweight; 02-06-2016 at 04:01 PM. Reason: posted wrong place...oops
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:47 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Hi.Everyone!!
Beth I am so sorry about the water issues! I hope that that is all set and you don't run in to anymore problems. OY!!My T had that cold - twice- he has asthma and with all the years in the fire service, he gets bronchitis ALL.THE.TIME! The first go round didn't get rid of it, and it came back with a vengeance - so then he was on prednisone. Oh, that's a joy- Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde...but that's finally behind us thank goodness.... I hope your DH gets over it quicker! I'm sorry that the stress got the better of you. It's a tough thing to power through- trust me- I get it. I hope that I can use the tools I've been given to get myself through similar situations that will cause me to want to turn to food for comfort. I agree, the ending to your post- THAT is a wonderful thing- pull the positives out- they're there, you have to look pretty hard sometimes - but they're there.
Jenny thank you for your plan for maintenance. Yes, we are all individual, but all the options out there from others, it helps me to feel more comfortable. Ma never need them, (yeah right...lol) but I feel better knowing there are other ways to do this- if I need it and it would work for me....(hope that makes sense)
Blue Well, you just validated what DBF has been saying all week, and I said no no no....they give oyu all the info, I am just too stupid to wrap my head around it all ....Wow!! I'm noticing a lot of people seem to be headed in to P4 this coming week as posed to last week. Seems like there is more chatter about it today. At least what I read in the car on the way home from grocery shopping. Your first breakfast- amazing wasn't it?? I am tending to eat the same thing most days, eggs toast, nut butter and yogurt, or Canadian bacon- I mix it up, keep it within the macros- so at least I got that one worked out okay. I do OIAJ maybe twice a week. Not my favorite, I starve by 9 and need an egg around 10. Nice job losing another pound!!!
Lady I forgot about the book, I meant to order it an read it before I got to maintenance and forgot about it. I'll order it tonight.
HIS Ah yes, Vicky's - pulling all my VS stuff out of the drawers in the guest room bureau was a HUGE NSV. I loved that it was all fitting, but yeah, the bras are now tooooooo big. Yum, real fries and a real burger on a bun- Im sorry about the pain not really going away. Glad to hear that you had a nice visit.
So, week 1 in the books. Apparently being pretty cautious (probably overly) worked- or didn't- (I lost a lb-so I take it as a win) I'm feeling things out- felt better at the end of the week as opposed to the beginning. Though I am still stressed about it- certainly not to the degree that I did at the start. My first day, with the **** or high water of the dinner carb and making my lunch my fat- when I showed her and explained everything she said no that my lunch wasn't my carb meal like someone in the FB forum said - Beth you were right too- she suggested to trust my instincts and listen to those that you know and trust (this particular group- we;ve been through a LOT together) so....I'll keep going plugging along, not get overly comfortable, and hope that it all goes smoothly. I am making sure to get some sort of exercise in every day. I know that I am going to make mistakes, but I am weighing just about every day so that I can keep things in check. I had almonds for a snack today- a first. I'm still very skittish about my snacks- kind of had been sticking to more of a IP type snack style if you know what I mean. I am nervous about fruit/yogurt later in the day- I have no idea why...but- and Beth- the CC bars- omg they are amazing...and on the FB page, that's a perfect example of me getting sucked in to what someone else is saying and not trusting my instincts-I started to get scared off when the comment was made about the calories and stuff - yet I have read the label, know the ingredients and macros-I split it more because I wanted to have an evening snack because we didn't go out shopping last night because of the foolish weather. Yeah, and I am also noticing either everyone around me is turning in to negative a$$hats or I am suddenly overly sensitive and everything seems to hurt my feelings-and I am incredibly tired. I don't know.....I'm starting to ramble. Thank god for all of you!!!! Thanks for being there.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:30 PM   #99  

Thanks you all for the support & for letting me vent - so far, so good

Blue - to P3 yes - that first breakfast is amazing sounds like you had a really good one

HIS - I'm glad you had a nice visit with your gs but *thumbs down* on the continuation of the pain. If its feasible, getting into your ortho would probably be a good idea - and give you some peace of mind (muscular or skeletal)

Linda - DH doesn't get sick often but lets just say he's a typical guy when he does thankfully we've been able to have a lazy weekend. He's slept a lot, watched movies - and the Mucinex / Vick vapor stuff seems to be clearing his chest out.
Sometimes I need to step back on the FB page but yah - that bothered me...and that particular poster has some major issue with bars / shakes. But really - 190 calories vs 210 for a Combat bar...and like the thread I started the other day about the new trail mix (also 210 calories)...so on P1 we could have a restricted - but in maintenance 210 calories is too much??? I just had to point that out.
There really can be information overload - and at the end of the day it really is finding the balance that works for you...I take Mr. L a r r y as a prime example - yes, they've maintained for 4 years...but also works out 7 days a week, something that may not be realistic for many people, kwim? We have several successful maintainers here too and I guarantee, everyone does something a little different
Just avoid going back to what you were doing before - as much as humanly possible. For me, I look at my brothers birthday and if that had been 18 months ago, I would not only have been eating too much, I would have been drinking too - I definitely took a step in the right direction

So today was MUCH better. 7.5 hours of decent sleep (thankfully DH has been able to control his night cough) - got up at 6:30 and went for a hour run OUTSIDE! oh it was glorious. Had to maneuver around a couple dicey areas where 3 - 4 foot snow banks have lingered - and it was cold enough for ice where stuff had melted yesterday - but overall, it felt so good.
I can deal with the treadmill, when necessary, for the cardio aspect of running, but it really doesn't compare to being outside.

Also did some prep today - haven't done a whole lot outside of veggies & lunch for work and think it's contributed to some of the extra nibbling. Have some cauli-rice made and tomorrow am cooking up some chicken and salmon.

Having acti-fry wings for the 'big game' with sweet potato fries. I also grabbed a jicama and was going to give that a whirl in the acti fry too (as fries). Was going to splurge but yesterday did me in
Old 02-07-2016, 06:41 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Thanks you all for the support & for letting me vent - so far, so good
Linda - DH doesn't get sick often but lets just say he's a typical guy when he does thankfully we've been able to have a lazy weekend. He's slept a lot, watched movies - and the Mucinex / Vick vapor stuff seems to be clearing his chest out.
Sometimes I need to step back on the FB page but yah - that bothered me...and that particular poster has some major issue with bars / shakes. But really - 190 calories vs 210 for a Combat bar...and like the thread I started the other day about the new trail mix (also 210 calories)...so on P1 we could have a restricted - but in maintenance 210 calories is too much??? I just had to point that out.
There really can be information overload - and at the end of the day it really is finding the balance that works for you...I take Mr. L a r r y as a prime example - yes, they've maintained for 4 years...but also works out 7 days a week, something that may not be realistic for many people, kwim? We have several successful maintainers here too and I guarantee, everyone does something a little different
Just avoid going back to what you were doing before - as much as humanly possible. For me, I look at my brothers birthday and if that had been 18 months ago, I would not only have been eating too much, I would have been drinking too - I definitely took a step in the right direction

So today was MUCH better. 7.5 hours of decent sleep (thankfully DH has been able to control his night cough) - got up at 6:30 and went for a hour run OUTSIDE! oh it was glorious. Had to maneuver around a couple dicey areas where 3 - 4 foot snow banks have lingered - and it was cold enough for ice where stuff had melted yesterday - but overall, it felt so good.
I can deal with the treadmill, when necessary, for the cardio aspect of running, but it really doesn't compare to being outside.

Also did some prep today - haven't done a whole lot outside of veggies & lunch for work and think it's contributed to some of the extra nibbling. Have some cauli-rice made and tomorrow am cooking up some chicken and salmon.

Having acti-fry wings for the 'big game' with sweet potato fries. I also grabbed a jicama and was going to give that a whirl in the acti fry too (as fries). Was going to splurge but yesterday did me in
That's part of the reason we're here darlin' -(I know for me, and pretty sure most of us here I can speak for as well) for the support we need ourselves, but also to help support the other. God knows, you all have been the "put things back into perspective when I have let the "committee" in my head get the better of me. So rant on sistah!! <3
I'm glad DH has been able to rest, I have to literally yell at DBF to make him stop and rest when he is sick. He is the opposite of what I hear most men are like when they are sick. Former hubs was the same way too. With the coughing, something my dad swears by- Vicks on the bottom of your feet and put socks on when you go to bed. I haven't tried it personally- I have been really lucky when it comes to nighttime coughing- but if daddy-o says it works- it's gotta.
As I re-read your post, a light dawns on Marblehead...don't ask- sometimes I can be as thick as a sneaker full of s$*t ... Yes, the FB pages - they can be overload and you're right-as I looked back at some of that persons stuff-I think I will just scan the pages - but leave my questions for here, where I "know" and trust everyone. I wish I had the luxury of 7 days a week-lol- there aren't enough hours in my day- . Again, my insightful, wisdomical (I don't care that it isn't a word) friend- THANK YOU for the pep talk.
I am so glad to see that you got a better nights rest. That makes all the difference -like I said yesterday, I am overtired- I finally had a fairly good sleep last night- only got up once to pee- vs. 2 or 3 times other nights-I slept in this morning till 530- slept in....since when haha- SO glad that you got to run outside! I am hoping that today I can go for a walk outside. It's such a mess with the slush and crap that fell from the sky Friday....AND we're under another storm watch tomorrow mornng in to Tuesday- haven't watched the AM news yet, but last nights report had us 6-8.....I'll have to put the plow on the truck today- hopefully I can get out of that and DBF will do it. Though, once a season I should just to remember how (the 1-2-3's of it) It's actually quite easy, once of those "minute mount" ones- it's just the steps to take in order. At least, at this point, driving with it - there aren't the huge snow banks to contend with and fear ticking as I am driving down the road. It may be 2016, but here, most of our roads weren't designed for the amount of traffic and size of vehicles in today's society.
I've heard a lot of people talk about this "acti-fry" do you use it a lot? What types of food do you use it on? I'm just wondering if I should bother to invest in one-only because I can do a lot with my oven and I have so many kitchen gadgets that I don't use-trying to be more conservative with my spending. See if I can recover from the expense of the "IP year" .
Last night I had a sweet potato for dinner, and again it was so damn good. I portioned out 1T of butter to go with it, but only used about 3/4 of it-I also took a bit of it before I threw it out and just savored the taste of plain butter. I am glad that they discourage margarine/smart balance (which was my favorite)
I think as far as the SB goes, we'll probably watch some, don't think we'll be as al consumed by it as we would if our Pats were in it, but we shall see. No parties or anything, just a couple of squares in my SIL's pool. Hopefully I'll be as lucky in that as I was this season in the regular pool. I won 3 times this season, though the final one, I had to split with my nephew- but 50 bucks is better than a hot stick in the eye.
Prep work for the coming week- I'll cook up some flank steak and some chicken for my work week lunches. Make up some mashed cauliflower, prep some celery and maybe some cukes and hard boil some eggs. I bought some 100 cal packs of almonds for snacks, I had a pack yesterday after grocery shopping. Plain old almonds and boy did they taste yummy- no salt, just plain. Boy, before IP they had to be salted and it was even better if they were the smokehouse ones! I also bought some prepared avacado halves. They are fully peeled and kryovaked to keep them fresh. I shudder a bit as to what might be preserving them - I did read the label, but didn't really look at that- I probably should,,,but they were on sale 1,69 for a whole avacado, halved and packaged in 2 seperate packs- so that will help with me making my fat choice. I also bout some fresh shredded Parmesean and a small block of cheddar, I got some Ezekial English muffins to make breakfast sandwiches to change up what is becoming my norm.(albeit, probably same stuff just diferent way of eating it) I'll experiment some more with what to eat- you know, like have a piece of bread at lunch to make a sandwich and make that my carb meal- I know (now) it's okay-slow and steady, makes the choices, don't jump in and try to figure it all out at once-partition it - week by week, day by day....I was so excited at this time last week, yet by the end of the day, so stressed - and that only built as the week began. I feel better about things right now, and I hope that this is the start of that continuing. The scale was down again a bit this morning. That may have something to do with it, I don't know-I know that we should be holding(maybe a lb or 2 here and there, but I would expect that to be an up) at this point- just attributing it to my being overly cautious, and I'll be back up tomorrow-lol.
Oh, I know if I mentioned this- but one of the things that was adding to my flipped out frame of mind- noticing the "roll" I suddenly had over the top of my jeans (that I know I mentioned, Lianne explained-pretty sure it was Lianne) that it was from the carbs and it's normal-I brought it up to my coach as one of the things that was screwing with my head-she pointed to hers and said-yes, I have it too-(mind you, if I had to guess- she's 110 and about 5'6"-I'm sure. She weighs more than 110, but to illustrate my point) which I never noticed-she said, yes, it forces me to sit with better posture- another DUHHHH moments for Lbj.....lol. (I have a lot of those)
Well, as I look at the clock- I've been at this for close to an hour and I guess it's time to go down and make breakfast. Yum, what to have this morning?? I love breakfast. One of the reasons I make certain that I prep lunches for the week is so that I can have the fancy breakfast most of the week. I prep 2 OIAJ, just in case I have a morning where I am out of routine and need something that doesn't take as much prep time. Which reminds me , I was reading the label on the Canadian bacon and there was a package of ham (same presentation-round small slices) and it actually seemed to be better in the numbers. Can't remember exacts, but if you get CB, check it out. Okay- NOW I will go make breakfast -
Have a great day everyone!!!
Scratch that about the CB and Ham- I think I misread - ham isn't bad- but serving size CB is 3 slices ham is 2 so don't go on my word....
Oh, and I forgot to add- my Stop and Shop just started carrying Oikos 0-0-0 Chocolate and Coffee flavors!! Chocolate- not quite as good as I had expected, however, it is good- I'll buy it again

Last edited by Destony; 02-07-2016 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Correction about Canadian bacon
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:51 AM   #101  

HIS ooooh, a new bra I hadn't thought about VS, we don't have one here, but it's been on my list to get a few new ones, desperately needed, any I have right now don't really fit, and OMG, "old lady issues" for sure , droopy and saggy and really needing help. I got rid of a bunch of bras during a clean out a few months ago, kept a few marginal ones...I have one of those genie bras, which is stretchy and pull on, actually quite comfy and I've been making do with that for the last while. I'm sure there will be a VS store somewhere while we're in FL, it will be a treat to myself so gald you mentioned it!
I have to agree with the others, go see an orthopedic doctor. You don't want to live with pain every day (trust me, btdt) It's always best to find out exactly what you're dealing with, and what you can do to make it better. It will put your mind at rest, and I know for me, having the information and an action plan makes anything easier to handle.

Beth yeah, sick men!! glad he's feeling a bit better. My DH doesn't get sick often, but he's one of those that try to deny it for as long as possible, then of course gets flattened! Used to be much worse when he was younger, OMG! just wouldn't take anything and then he'd be sick for a week instead of a few days.
Glad you were able to get out to run, I know you miss the days you can't get out there. Had to chuckle to myself about the piles of snow and icy streets ... you'd think we'd be talking like that here, not a typical Canadian winter happening this year...but winter just isn't happening. I'm looking out back, and I can't see a speck of the white stuff. Barely even any trace of ice on the lake shore. Usually this time of year there are 15 foot high mountains of ice along the shore, stretching out 20 or 30 feet.
You'll have to tell us how the acti-fry wings turned out. I've heard a lot of talk about it, and also wondered it it would be worth having one. Part of me just says, one more gadget that will only get used every couple of months, but if it does a great job...?? We grill a lot, probably 4 or 5 days a week, and that's a pretty healthy lower fat way to cook a lot of things.

Linda I'm sorry you had such a stressful first week on maintenance. But over the hump now from what I hear you saying. And getting all those meals and snacks planned, that's your P1 training kicking in .

Interesting about FB -- I am not a big FB user, though I do check in on some of the IP threads, lately just the P2/3/4 one mostly. There is some good information there, but a lot of nonsense too. I seldom post anything there, or even comment. What Linda said...if I have any questions of need to rant or don't understand something, I trust you guys here, you'll hold my hand or give me suggestions or advice, and I'll know where it's coming from.
Actually, I was thinking a couple of weeks ago, reading what you're all doing on maintenance (or P3 even) and feeling like I was lagging so far behind, and wishing I was already there with you all (just a "poor me" kind of day ) But you know, I'm actually glad you're all a few steps ahead of me, and sharing your journeys. I'm learning so much from you, and I know that I won't have all the same experiences/struggles/ worries but I'll have some of them and I'll remember, oh, Linda went through this, or Beth was saying something about this, or HIS tried this...and a lot of the earlier maintainers too (glad a lot of them are still hanging around).
Ok, enough of the warm fuzzies

Time to go have my breakfast Went out for a quick trip to the store, got a chicken and some broccoli for dinner, have some shrimp and cauli rice for lunch. DH offered to buy me a coffee, so we stopped at the Timmies near the store (nice way to start the day )
Breakfast is similar to yesterday, I have some nice fresh strawberries to go with my yogurt, toast and PB, an egg. This may become my staple, although I have found a few interesting recipes that I'm going to try during the week.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:44 PM   #102  

Linda - I believe the FB page has it's uses - kind of nice for validation and to brag every once in awhile some people take showing off too far (no names...& imvho). It's good to read other view points, see successes / failures - "take what you want and leave the rest". I just mentally note when I start seeing patterns, like folks who are obviously trying to go vegan / vegetarian...or "all natural"...
mmm - eating butter! I admit to licking some coconut oil from time to time
& bwahahaha - my DH said his mama told him the same thing but he is so weird about his feet and was all "oh h3ll no"
That is a smart way to buy the almonds. For all the prepping I do I really, really have no excuse to not do it myself...except the thought of using the sandwich baggies to store them - just seems wasteful, but if it would potentially save a couple hundred calories

Blue - I will touch on the acti-fry below (it's good news)...lol, yar, I'm sure my whining about the snow and ice sounds a little babyish to you northerners...but being forced into the roads around here is downright dangerous, even at 7:30a on a Saturday morning where I could I ran in the grass, but there were areas where it wasn't flat and so I had to go in the street...
Trailblazers! lol - I have to admit, even in P1, I never went back into the old 2013 groups threads for advice - but if my rambles help someone, I am glad

Watching (sort of) the SB right now - good game, tight - kind of want to see Peyton go out in a 'blaze of glory'. We burned his @$$ his first year in Denver so...
Halftime was decent - liked the Uptown Funk mash & end message of "love"
Commercials have been decent too...the Sir Anthony Hopkins for Turbo Tax had me lmao...and whats up with the POOP commercials??? Going from one extreme to the other - yeesh
But the best thing imvho ( ) is that the acti-fry made absolutely AMAZING wings!!!!! So excited - DH was SO skeptical...to the point I almost went and bought a small regular fryer...but SO glad I didn't.
Some thoughts:
- bought Wegmans organic, so the wings were 'normal' sized - small, not the huge, steroid blown-up wings I've been buying for the last couple years. The extra $5.00 is worth it
- salt, peppered, and oiled them about 2 hours before cooking / left them in the fridge
- Used approximately 2T EVOO for 3#'s of wings
- Cooked in batches of 10 / 12
- 1st batch took about 30 minutes
- 2nd / 3rd batch about 20 minutes (the 1st batch heated up the inside I guess)
- we buy / use Asian Zing sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings - not the healthiest (HFCS is the 1st ingredient) , but we only do wings a handful of times per year

We also had sweet potato waffle fries and I put out a huge plate of veggies w/ ranch and hummus (mmmm!). We ate well

I also went to the rec center this afternoon (before the game) and burned off the sweet potato fries

HIS - thinking of you lady. Hope you had a restful, stress free weekend
Old 02-08-2016, 03:19 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Wow, you guys type A LOT!

HIS, you don't have to swim. Injured professional runners very often rehab and keep their strength by vertical deep water running with a floatation belt.
As a rehab professional I want to remind you if you don't treat your injuries seriously they will impact you severely for the rest of your life. Sorry to sound so snarly, but I do care that you will enjoy running outside again some day (sooner better than never). Please take this advice as acknowledging the care and concern that is in my heart.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Good morning IPer's! This weekend ended up being CRAZY so I never got a chance to get on the boards. Looks like there was a lot of activity going on

The scale was extremely kind to me this week and I lost 2.2#, bringing me right on into the next decade. I am officially in the 130's. Maybe taking the stress out of the equation was exactly what I needed. Not to mention the so-so losses of the last couple of weeks. I'm still plugging along on P1 for the next 3 weeks.

I was able to stay OP yesterday since we opted to just stay home and chill on the sofa. We usually have a big SB party, but it didn't end up working out this year. So I just stayed OP and watched the game.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #105  

YAY! jenny - nice loss! You should easily each goal by the end of Feb!

Beth OMG! I saw the side by side pic on you put on FB, wowie, lady!! hard to believe there could be that much difference from P2 to P4, with no weight loss! All that running is sure showing. Looking so good

Day 3 of P3 - OIAJ this morning. Pretty good, but probably won't be one of my favorites. I can see it being a good make-ahead tho, for those morning I have to be out of here early.
Funny about P3, all this food I'm having for breakfast, the extra protein at lunch, and for the first time, I'm finding myself HUNGRY! I had the oatmeal at 9 (trying not to eat too early) and it's just 12 now, and I am so hungry. I have leftover chicken from last night, and I will make some soup, maybe mid-aft have a couple of eggs to get me through till dinnertime.
Good news - weight is still holding steady at 135.4 (home scale) I've been expecting the P3 upward creep, and I suppose it will happen In my head I know why it goes up, but being so focused on that number for so long - I know it's going to be an ouchie when it does.
But I'm getting ahead of myself aren't I, worrying about what's coming. Today is all good.